There are 168 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cNiner:
Williams should have been cut 2 years ago , instead of Hawking

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Major mistake cutting Hawking. Sure he's confined to a wheelchair, but he had the smarts to make up for it.

Have you heard him calling plays?

Major mistake cutting Hawking. Sure he's confined to a wheelchair, but he had the smarts to make up for it.

Got it !

I'd be for bringing him back as OC, but no one would understand what the hell he was saying through his computer.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
That is a loaded team.

this

meh the wr and db position is weak
Good news is we could save 880k with 0 cap hit if Ventrone is cut. He's due 855 next year and with 0 cap don't believe we would have to pay him anything. I don't know we cut Jennings to save 545k but we are willing to pay Ventrone 880k. If he stays he better be good on ST because I doubt he offers much at S.

Also, looking through salaries Dahl better be damn good on ST because he's making an average of 1.8 mil a year to backup FS and possibly SS.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
wait until OC Hawking unveils the String Offense. it's out of this world.
Originally posted by boast:
wait until OC Hawking unveils the String Offense. it's out of this world.

lol this.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, so Tony Jerod-Eddie, Will Tukuafu, Nathan Stupar and Raymond Ventrone made the team?

Not so fast. One of them will be cut when the 49ers sign Marecic. My guess is Stupar.

agreed

• THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looks something like this right now:

QB Kaepernick, McCoy, Daniels
RB Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Dixon
FB: Miller, Marecic
WR Boldin, Patton, Moore, Williams, Baldwin
TE Davis, McDonald, Celek
OL Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Snyder, Kilgore, Looney
DL Smith, Williams, McDonald, Dorsey, Tukuafu, Jerod-Eddie (Dobbs back after week 1 suspension, someone will get cut)
ILB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody, Stupar
OLB Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta, Johnson
CB Rogers, Brown, Aso, Cox, Brock
S Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Ventrone
ST Lee, Dawson, McDermott

Ok so we are at 53 without marecic. so when he officially signs we have to cut 1 guy. when dobbs is back have to cut another. So one guy will be gone real soon since marecic probably signs by tonight or tomorrow. then after week 1 another guy will be gone. so TJE, Tukuafu, Stupar and Ventrone... 1 will be gone by tomorrow most likely and the other after week 1.

I like the way you broke this down, thanks.

Isnt Dixon listed on the official roster as a FB? If anyone gets cut from that RB/FB group to make room for Marecic you have to assume its Dixon, No? Unless they cut from the S or LB group
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Cut Celek he's so meh
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, so Tony Jerod-Eddie, Will Tukuafu, Nathan Stupar and Raymond Ventrone made the team?

Not so fast. One of them will be cut when the 49ers sign Marecic. My guess is Stupar.

agreed

Ventrone
They are holding a ton of LB"s and DL's. Maybe someone is on the blocks for a future trade.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm guessing they view Marecic as a ST guy, meaning they'd drop another ST guy to make room.

Which is why im thinking Dixon. Only ST guy in that RB/FB group that doesnt play on normal offense
Share 49ersWebzone