There are 249 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?

Yes, and it would be freaking stupid to do so.
Originally posted by linkboy:

This.

9 guys gonna get cut today

Beyond stupid.

No but I'd go with Goodwin before Williams. Remember, the Niners like to cut veterans right away so they have a chance to catch on with another team before the last pre season game.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:30 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think Kilgore is going to take the starting centre job, but if we cut Goodwin who would you trust as backup?

I also have to say I wouldn't be shocked if Williams was cut - I don't think it's likely but I think this is his last season as a 9er unless he breaks out massively.
[ Edited by Buchy on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

disagree with you , no need to have him , he has been taken a roster spot for ever not a game changer we need to move on. still upset about the fumble but seriosly he needs to go always hurt and not a game changer ! at least Hawking can take it to the house
[ Edited by cNiner on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If the ACL doesn't respond I can see him being released next year. But, this year I think he's safe.
Come On Man!

Kyle is not getting cut.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

lmao, yes.

Originally posted by mayo49:
If the ACL doesn't respond I can see him being released next year. But, this year I think he's safe.

He's a free agent after this year. So is Marlon Moore, Chad Hall, Austin Collie, Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham. Only WRs under contract for 2014 are Crabtree (1 more year), Baldwin (1 more year) and Patton (3 more years). Back to Williams if he doesn't break out I'd probably move on. Many guys in this league can get you 15-20 catches and 200-250 yards.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by mayo49:

He's a free agent after this year. So is Marlon Moore, Chad Hall, Austin Collie, Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham. Only WRs under contract for 2014 are Crabtree (1 more year), Baldwin (1 more year) and Patton (3 more years). Back to Williams if he doesn't break out I'd probably move on. Many guys in this league can get you 15-20 catches and 200-250 yards.

That's right, forgot he was going to be a free agent. That makes it even more likely he will be replaced with the youngsters lurking in the wings.

Nope, not at all... We have younger talent that is about as good with higher ceilings than Williams. Combine that with his injury history, and I think he is expendable.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

You are joking right ?

No way in hell will that happen.
Share 49ersWebzone