There are 321 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN

49ers have 85 players, second-highest total in NFL, and that includes league-high 12 WRs. Decisions looming.

Where's the "Do it! Do it!" gif?

9ers are holding out..but teams are waiting for us to flood the market with decent players

If I were the GM of a bad team, I'd be waiting for the 49ers cuts as well. Remember the days when we would pick up the Aubrayo Franklins of the world from teams like the Ravens or D Drops from the Seahawks?

Those are days I never want to see ever again, talk about the dark ages
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN

49ers have 85 players, second-highest total in NFL, and that includes league-high 12 WRs. Decisions looming.

Where's the "Do it! Do it!" gif?

9ers are holding out..but teams are waiting for us to flood the market with decent players

If I were the GM of a bad team, I'd be waiting for the 49ers cuts as well. Remember the days when we would pick up the Aubrayo Franklins of the world from teams like the Ravens or D Drops from the Seahawks?

Life is good now!
Ricardo Lockette will NEVER be cut, the webzone has said so!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
noob cuts cheese

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:

lockette would be a stud at ultimate frisbee.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Heres my prediction for the future...

Seahawks sign Scott Tolzien.

Well he is better than Quinn. Why wouldn't the Jets pick up Tolzien? Their QB situation is a hot mess. Raiders too.

I hope any team but the CAWKS pick him up. That little b!tch (carroll) would only pick him up to pick his brain (playbook)
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:

Well he is better than Quinn. Why wouldn't the Jets pick up Tolzien? Their QB situation is a hot mess. Raiders too.

I hope any team but the CAWKS pick him up. That little b!tch (carroll) would only pick him up to pick his brain (playbook)

No worries, the jets will trade for Shaun Hill... my sources said so
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by LVJay:

No worries, the jets will trade for Shaun Hill... my sources said so

Who would have thought we have a bona fide 6-8 guys who could start? And if not here, somewhere else when they get cut. Personally with our track record of injuries to WRs, I would keep as many extra as possible. At STRONG CORNER, we have legitimately 8 guys. We are moving toward big guys, say 220 who can jump 5' vertical, can run the 40 in 4.45, all have 8 foot wingspan, and all are 6'1" or taller, and they can cover like a blanket. Also, they can deliver bone shivers on tackles. They will ultimately be referred to as STRONG CORNERS and all will be carbon copies of the other. We aren't there yet, but without goldson, I think we are already better than last yr. Sure it was preseason, but I see all the right things. OH, and Reid can actually break up passes, not just make a goldson tackle after receiver already caught the ball.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
How many more cuts needed by today?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
How many more cuts needed by today?

10, I believe.
9 after Parys trade
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
9 after Parys trade

WZ article said down to 85 after the trade if that's right it should be 10 dudes getting cut in the next 6 hours
Originally posted by 49erWay:

The WZ also said there was no way Haralson doesn't make the team...oops, I did. I thought he'd get beat out originally by Cam Johnson (a Fangio favorite). That said, sometimes this FO makes mistakes too so let's stop acting like they are infallible. The point of the WZ is to share your OWN thoughts on the 9ers and discuss.
Would it surprise anyone if Kyle Williams gets cut today?
Share 49ersWebzone