Shop Find 49ers gear online
here are like only 6 elite QBs like Doc said,

Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
maybe Eli
maybe Big Ben

Dont buy Flacco or Romo as elite. 1 ring, and 1 win doesn't make you elite. And getting paid 100M also doesnt make u elite. Romo's case, Jerry Jones just has a hard on for Romo.

Matt Ryan looks elite, but needs to win something big. 1 win in playoffs doesn't do it for me.

Then up and coming

Kap
Wilson
Luck
RG3
maybe Newton
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Even if Wallace has a better game than Daniels, which is possible, I would favor keeping Daniels.

this times infinity
Originally posted by cciowa:
Even if Wallace has a better game than Daniels, which is possible, I would favor keeping Daniels.

this times infinity

of course but why put him on the 53 when you can easily have him on the PS
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

this times infinity

He wouldnt last on the practice squad , somebody would snatch him up the day he is placed on the PS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup, cc, it is pretty hard to have two Kaps on one team, especially considering we have about 6 elite QBs in the league and then there are the remainder....beginning with the worst (Jets) and working up from there. As for Colt, don't you know he is delighted being backup here where he can learn something as opposed to being in Cleveland as a backup, with no goals in sight.

yes, it reminds me of when they talked about our new kicker dawson on tv the other night. they asked him why he wanted to come to san fran. i think he said..why wouldn't I !! that sums up the culture that has been created. yes i have my "issues" at times with certain decisions but I know what type of big picture has been created
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He wouldnt last on the practice squad , somebody would snatch him up the day he is placed on the PS
yes, the coaches and front office like to gamble, sometimes it works out like with ck, sometimes it does not with jacobs and edwards but that is one gamble i would not want to do. you can bet there are alot of teams that have seen what daniels has done in pre season for us
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
yes, the coaches and front office like to gamble, sometimes it works out like with ck, sometimes it does not with jacobs and edwards but that is one gamble i would not want to do. you can bet there are alot of teams that have seen what daniels has done in pre season for us
The PS squad players have a choice to stay on the PS or leave to another team if offered

our PS players last year received offers but declined
  • thl408
The PS squad players have a choice to stay on the PS or leave to another team if offered

That may not be the case for BJ Daniels. Since only one QB gets to play, if BJ was claimed by another team, he may want to leave so that he isn't "stuck" behind Kap. Just a thought.
Originally posted by thl408:

That may not be the case for BJ Daniels. Since only one QB gets to play, if BJ was claimed by another team, he may want to leave so that he isn't "stuck" behind Kap. Just a thought.

There's also a very high chance that after we waived him another team would place a claim on him and he'd have no choice.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
One team might...Seattle. Brady Quinn is their 3rd-stringer right now, behind Tavaris Jackson and of course Wilson. I don't doubt for one second that they'd dump Quinn (who doesn't really fit their scheme) and replace him with a guy who plays exactly like their starter.

Seattle won't carry a 3rd string QB on the roster. Their battle is between Tarvaris Jackson and Quinn for the backup role, the other is out on the street.

And you know this for sure how? Not trying to be pissy, just curious.

Of course not. Wish I had someone on the inside to give me the real scoop. But it's what they did last year, and they don't seem too concerned with a 3rd string QB spot as they don't even have another developmental QB in camp. I know they won't carry both Quinn & Jackson, as either of their salaries would be too much as a 3rd stringer.

I'm actually surprised that most teams do waste a roster spot on a 3rd string QB. When's the last time a 3rd stringer actually developed into a starter? I'd much rather they use the roster spot for depth at another position that will more than likely play anyway.

• buck
  • Veteran

Why?

Because he is midget, we need as many midgets as we can get, and we can not risk someone stealing one of ours.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
There we have it, the Bills are starting a 22 year old undrafted free agent rookie called Jeff Tuel even after they have also signed Matt Leinart as a back-up. But, why ? Are they trying to destroy the franchise ? I doubt it. Open up your minds folks, you can have all the experience in the world like Grossman and Leinart, when it comes down to it is whether the person can play football, is that simple.

Originally posted by Rascal:
There we go.

I am not in any way saying these numbers are definitive per se, but I guess they are good enough for the Bills to decide to start him in the season opener in the face of EJ Manuel's injury. An UDFA !! They are not even thinking twice about it to start Matt Leinart instead, that says a lot to me. Sometimes, you just need to trust your eyes and instincts. The concept of sitting a rookie QB behind the starter for 3 years is really passe. Let's face it. if Alex Smith had gone down in 2011 instead, we would have started Kap too.

Whether the preseason is the apex for their careers remain to be seen. But, I do know in a QB-driven league, they will get their chances. Preseason is an opportunity for the teams to evaluate their depth charts and BJ beat out McCoy fair and square. He did the very best that he could even when Harbaugh was trying him out on KR, WR and not giving him a fair share of reps. That was all he could do, you couldn't have asked for more.

There is a failure to mention that Tuel has much much more playing time than BJ has this preseason. Comparing stats between a guy who has 43 attempted passes vs a guy with 12 attempted passes doesn't exactly measure up in an even manner. Tuel played the entire second half vs Indy (where he completed his first 10 passes) and 3 quarters and some change vs Washington. Had it not been for injuries he likely wouldn't have had those same opportunities afforded. Not to mention they signed Leinart on Sunday, and he'll have at most what maybe a dozen practices to prepare for Week 1, whereas Tuel has been with the Bills and learning the offense since the end of April, beginning of May. Tuel and BJ's situations are not really that much alike, and injuries painted the Bills into a corner. Tuel has made the most of his opportunites, and that doesn't take away from the flashes we saw from BJ but given what the Bills saw from Tuel and given their situation he earned the right to start if Manuel can't come back in time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

If we cut Daniels, he goes on the waiver wire. |f another team claims him, he becomes their "property."

If he clears waivers, we can sign him to our practice squad. One he is on our practice squad, he has the right to turn down offers from other teams.
If we cut Daniels, he goes on the waiver wire. |f another team claims him, he becomes their "property."

If he clears waivers, we can sign him to our practice squad. One he is on our practice squad, he has the right to turn down offers from other teams.

Was about to say the same thing. BJ will only have a "choice" if no team picks him off waivers, but if a team puts him on their 53 then he has to go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Why?

Because he is midget, we need as many midgets as we can get, and we can not risk someone stealing one of ours.

I think the correct term is little people now
Share 49ersWebzone