LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If I were coach, I would tell my WRs to initiate contact and punch the SEA DBs and maul them every play out so that we bring the action then release and not the other way around. If contact is allowed within 5 yards then I will initiate it. Beat their a$$es up before they beat mine

Yea but Moore, Patton, and KW would get knocked on their ass. Boldin/Baldwin are literallt the only guys that can do this.

f**k that. Line McDonald out wide, and just say, "Hulk SMASH". He'll know what to do.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Like ATL has?

Like a resigned Crab and 1st round WR. Lets sign a guard instead though.

tough decisions
`should call the cops in to officiate because they get away with assaulting our guys on every f**king play. the one where they threw patton to the ground got called but they missed when sherman and boldin were basically fist fighting or when their tackle had aldon smith in a headlock, etc. the nfl needs to be more consistent with what they call and what they dont call if they dont want to be labeled as las vegas run, fixed game b******t. if theyre gonna allow that stuff we need to start being more aggressive and do it too. seattle knew they could get away with it so they did it. im more pissed at our timid play and unbalanced officiating than seattle.
Grant Cohn LOLLLLLL

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/09/inside-the-49ers/49ers-3-seahawks-29-grades/
Originally posted by father49er:
I'm not saying the D didn't play a good game, just the D line got pushed around. Even in the first half, the hawks were getting 3 yard pushes on runs. I rarely see this happen to the 9ers run D.

dude they were giving up 5 yards max in the 1st half and most of their runs were around 3 yards. Look at the passing stats in the 1st half. Nothing. Nada. Dominated. We made the one dimensional and it showed.

Seattle 1st half run plays:

Q1

@13:11 Lynch right tackle for 4 yards

@08:36 Lynch up the middle for 21 yards

@07:59 Lynch left end for 2 yards

@04:04 Turbin middle for 5 yards

@01:19 Lynch right tackle for 3 yards

@00:40 Lynch middle for 6 yards

@00:07 Wilson up middle for 2 yards

Q2

@15:00 Lynch right tackle 5 yards

@13:19 Turbin left tackle for 5 yards

@10:31 Lynch right tackle for 1 yard

@09:35 Lynch middle for 8 yards

@09:10 Lynch right tackle for no gain

@07:29 Lynch right tackle for 14 yards

@06:35 Lynch left tackle for no gain

@02:56 Lynch right tackle for 1 yard

@02:21 Lynch right tackle for 1 yard

@01:35 Turbin right guard for 3 yards

@01:01 Turbin middle for 4 yards

18 running plays for 94 total yards

5.2 yards per carry
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
DING...DING...DING....when Roman finally figures this out, maybe they'll get somewhere. 49ers did little to force Seattle out of their comfort zone and 8 man boxes.

49ers would of won this game had we drafted Dick Rogers right Phoenix49ers ya f**king tool!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by dj43:
...and that is the problem.

If Jenkins had lived up to his draft position and Crabtree were healthy, Bolding would be an awesome #3. However, as it is now, we have a #3 trying to be a #1, and he has never been that. Not Boldin's fault. He can burn an inexperienced player but playoff teams don't have inexperienced players in the secondary.

I don't think it's Boldins fault. You hit the nail on the head though. The FO knew what was up. Jenkins was the answer and unfortunately it's turned into the most of epic of fails. I mean honestly I think we win this game with Crab.
A Davis was awful.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The problem is, Seattle lines up a defender in every run gap. It doesn't matter who the running back is, he can't run where there is no hole.

The only way you get Seattle out of that defense is to put a group of good pass receivers in a spread formation and force them to move one of those 8 guys back out of the box.

Last year the Seahawks spread the field, forcing the 49ers to defend the space, and then ran Lynch up the open gaps. They did pretty much the same thing again tonight.

Amazing how something so simple can go unnoticed by a professional coaching staff. I don't get it.

Harbaugh sees it. He is just too stubborn to change.

At some point in the broadcast tonight, one of the announcers compared the styles of Carroll and Harbaugh. They characterized Harbaugh as being "old school" football. That description fits. He is Bo Schembechler reincarnate.

That was the problem tonight, he wasn't Bo Schembechler or the '86 Bears which is what we should've been, hard nosed, scar ya' a$$ pound them into the ground, ol' school football is what we needed and it didn't happen...G-Ro and Harbaugh need to go back and pull some plays from 2011-2012 and get back to two tight end sets, Power I's, Jumbo/Elephant packages, crack-back blocks and when they pound the living crap outta of the trenches, then sprinkle in some of that Pistol every other other play to keep the defense guessing all night
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Q1

Q2

5.2 yards per carry

28 rushes for 98 yards... 3.5 avg.

I wonder how Boobie feels as the only one to run his mouth pre-game
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
On to the next one!
I don't think it's Boldins fault. You hit the nail on the head though. The FO knew what was up. Jenkins was the answer and unfortunately it's turned into the most of epic of fails. I mean honestly I think we win this game with Crab.

Jenkins isn't Baalke's only fail there are lots more did yall enjoy Cordarrelle Patterson's 105 yard TD today he's the WR/KR Baalke passed over and how about his big draft pick Reid can't even make it through his 2nd NFL game!!!!! lolz
kinda like how eric reid is someone important for this team. one day he is going to be a stud.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Q1

Q2

5.2 yards per carry

28 rushes for 98 yards... 3.5 avg.

Lynch's average, yes. You left out 2 TDs and 3 receptions for 37 yards. Lynch had a much bigger impact than our running backs.
Share 49ersWebzone