There are 209 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Kap was making his 12th career start. How about we all stop throwing a giant tantrum about how bad Harbaugh and Kap suck?

Niner fans are so spoiled, the first sign of bad things, and everybody turns on them. Even those 8 years of being horrid didnt make us appreciate the winning now that we have it back.

We have some HORRIBLE, ignorant fans. Some of you should pick a new team and take a hike.

We're talking about this game....he didn't have a very good game. His decision making on the field wasn't up to par. His throwing on the run, which I thought was one of his best attributes, was off also among other things.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by wholead:
I do have a question though - is it legal to "bump" into the receivers and hold them near the line of scrimmage while staying within the 5 yards? Because that was what I was seeing - Seahawks DBs just holding the receivers on pass plays and not letting go, forcing Kaep to run around and try to find someone who is open. It sure must be legal because the TV guys didn't even blink.

Yes

They do more than that. It goes beyond the 5 yds with the one hand pushing and shoving and the pulling. The Seattle coaching staff is doing a good job of teaching their CB how to do that without getting PI called. They also know that the ref can't catch it or call every single time. They only call the worst ones if at all.

If the QB leaves the pocket, you can't hold WRs but you can bump them all you want no matter where the WRs. Seattle did hold which is illegal but they were smart to chuck our receivers the moment Kaep left the pocket, which is legal.

A lot of teams don't know this or do this but as soon as that QB leaves the pocket, illegal contact rule doesn't apply.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
No we're not. I'm tired of hearing this. This offense is evolving. Kaep has the ability to become a 35+ throws a game. His legs are just a MONDO bonus.The FO needs to embrace that.

Resign Crab. Learn to draft and coach WR's. This is the future.
respectfully disagree, we are a run first team,. if we do not run we do not win. did you watch tonight?
Hard to play a fair game on a slanted field.

JR Sweezy chop blocked Ian Williams and he's done for 8 weeks. Sneezy is almost as big a piece of trash as his coach, Tom Cable. No flag, btw.

Their secondary made contact downfield all night...no flags.

Aldon gets a personal foul for playing patty cake...and Clay Matthews gets no flag for punching Joe Staley IN THE FACE.

We got jobbed. It is what it is.

49ers have to get up for Indy and bring it hard next week.

A quick note to any Seahawks trolls in this forum: get bent. With a broken pop bottle.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
We won't. Didn't learn from last year. We knew we needed WR & CB help. But we didn't do anything to upgrade, other than Boldin. He has 1 catch tonight.

Once again, the 49ers defense was fine, there's also no way they could have predicted Culliver going down, or Reid being injured. The defense is not the issue, the biggest problem I saw was very vanilla, predictable playcalling on offense that played exactly into what Seattle wanted to do on defense.

Listin. A football team is a body and when one part fails the entire organism dies. Our defense was great the 1st half. I mean simply superb. Pressure, rotation, and great coverage. The fact of the matter is Seattles D worked our offense and put the D into horrible field positions.

I said we needed to spread it out. Honestly that was the only way we were going to get guys open. This game was no revelation. We tried the same old s**t. Establish the run. Well they loaded the box and manned our WRs.

Boldin? The guy everyone says was clearly better than Crab. Dominated. God I was saying this all offseason. We needed to sign another WR but no Kaep is going to make all the supbar WR's into Calvin Johnson. We underestimated the cost of losing Crab. I said this s**t wouldn't fly against Seattles secondary and go figure.

How do you say that we needed to spread it out, then call boldin out for being dominated, when we didnt spread it out?

Thats why you spread it out: to hit their 3rd and 4th CBs because their base CBs are too good. Play action would not have worked since thier CBs owned our WRs.

I understand that. But the previous poster said to do that, but when we didnt do it, he called out Boldin. Just wondering how he arrived to that.
Originally posted by Crown:
Seattle Seahawks/ 49ers W 13–6

if you watched the game our D crushed their O.

Crushed... okay... crushed...
Two thoughts:

1. The defense played really well, except for the penalties.

2. When Kyle Williams is your leading receiver, you're in trouble.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Bet against CAWKS suckers next week on the road to Texans... bet your life savings, the house, your kids and everything!!!

This was their Super Bowl... they are spent and will suck next week

^^^ this. this is the closest the seahawk will ever get to a superbowl

CAWK suckers going down on their knees!!!
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by fropwns:
This is why the 49ers lost tonight.

Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.
Love ya, but no. We got outclassed.

After watching the Harbaugh/Roman offense for two years, how does any smart Niner fan not know how this team makes its money?

Pre-snap audibles & motion to create mismatches, which we cannot do in Seattle. It was the same problem last time we were there.

If you really think the 49ers are in trouble after tonight, you haven't been watching them close enough these past two years (not you fropwns). We win that game at home 8 times outta 10.
You are right on the bold, I won't dispute you. Your my dog! I appreciate your comments. But it was more than just the noise, the injuries hurt, but they just started pasting us. After two times, though, Nick, you gotta believe we should have done something else or prepped differently.

For Kaep this becomes the monkey on the back. It reminds me of Steve back in the day. Not all situations are the same that much is for sure. Us old timers, though, we've seen this s**t before.

Two times in their house, yes. I believe the 49ers win this game at home easily though. The Hawks are no pushovers, but when this team can't adjust at the time consistently with a long playclock, we're gonna lose.

And the only stadium in the league where we have this problem is in Seattle. It is what it is. Everyone just needs to breathe and realize we're going to lose most of the games in their house... as most teams that play there do.

And you're MY dog, dog.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
7+ mins left I just turned off the game.

beat you to it (10 minutes ago)

Then i expect no more posts from both of you.

LOL

Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Hard to play a fair game on a slanted field.

JR Sweezy chop blocked Ian Williams and he's done for 8 weeks. Sneezy is almost as big a piece of trash as his coach, Tom Cable. No flag, btw.

Their secondary made contact downfield all night...no flags.

Aldon gets a personal foul for playing patty cake...and Clay Matthews gets no flag for punching Joe Staley IN THE FACE.

We got jobbed. It is what it is.

49ers have to get up for Indy and bring it hard next week.

A quick note to any Seahawks trolls in this forum: get bent. With a broken pop bottle.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
After watching the Harbaugh/Roman offense for two years, how does any smart Niner fan not know how this team makes its money?

Pre-snap audibles & motion to create mismatches, which we cannot do in Seattle. It was the same problem last time we were there.

If you really think the 49ers are in trouble after tonight, you haven't been watching them close enough these past two years (not you fropwns). We win that game at home 8 times outta 10.

I get your point, and it is correct but only to a certain degree. We still had pre-snap audibles and motions in this game.

At home it's been the same story. We are not scoring against this team.

Harbaugh's scoring offense against Seattle since 2011:

19 Home
13 Home

This is troubling.

It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

But Kaep's never played the Hawks at home. Everyone needs to calm down.

5 straight games under 20 points against this team. Offensive scoring has steadily decreased. It's a problem dude.

Not saying we don't stand a chance against them. We obviously do, especially at SF. But something offensively has to change, because what we're doing right now is not working.
It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

NVM
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
We needed a better game plan to deal with the noise. The offense didn't help the defense out there. Kap did not play smart, and you didn't see a sense of urgency from him until way too late.

Good lesson for him though..no defense can take everything away from you. So take what they are giving. Sometimes the easy play is the best play.

The horrible side to this game is the injuries though...we have some major issues right now, especially on the defensive line.

The Offensive Line has seemingly forgotten how to run block. I don't understand it. They look outclassed.
i have been know to hit 9 on the over reaction richter scale but krays last sentence is the truth. last week i said it was no big deal cuz the packers had three fat guys to stop the run. tonight it is much worse
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Kaep 42-13 loss last year

He meant Kap has never played them at SF.
Share 49ersWebzone