LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by xela510:
49ers arent winning this game, too much stacked against them unfortunately.

Can they win the game? Probably. Do I see them winning? no.

We need to contain this hairy little b!tch http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d828db295#photo=4
Alex Smith and our full healthy offense and Defense beat there full healthy offense and defense last year, although we lost the second game we werent full health and the short week, this time around we are at full health Seattle isnt. Kaepernick is on fire and a real threat QB, other then croud noise how are we in anyway at a disadvantage?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
do you mean the Panthers? Seattle plays Jax in week 3

Nothing is worse than the Raiders. Even SF and SEA fans agree on that!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I am a life long niner fan but I am concerned about the noise in Seattle the 49ers audibled a lot at the line of Scrimmage Against Green Bay that is something they will not be able to do in Seattle I hope they Are able to prepare for the noise in practice
Originally posted by Andra:
I am a life long niner fan but I am concerned about the noise in Seattle the 49ers audibled a lot at the line of Scrimmage Against Green Bay that is something they will not be able to do in Seattle I hope they Are able to prepare for the noise in practice

See last season's NFC championship game against the Falcons, they might use hand signals again.
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Last time we played @49ers, it was Coach Harbaugh's birthday. This Sunday is Coach Carroll's birthday. http://shwks.com/6m38 ; #Hawkville
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
The 49ers should consider an up tempo no huddle offense to try and silence the crowd a bit.
Totally agree.

Yup, and simplify the play calls. That's 50% of the problem when playing there.

Not that I don't agree, we had already tried that in loud situations, one word play calls and even sign language and it still didn't work all that well. I don't know what the answer is, I will leave that up to the coaching staff. But, heck yes up tempo definitely if we can manage it. Is just so incredibly loud up there, we should even try silent count if we can.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/russell-wilson-says-eyebrow-bet-with-colin-kaepernick-not-real-serious/

don't wuss out now Wilson
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
To win, we have to get the midget on the ground or he's just going to dink and dunk us to death.

That dude is more just than dink and dunk, he can make all the throws, if anything he throws a beautful deep ball. We really must generate some serious pass rush in this game. The problem with him is he is so shiftty and illusive, is really hard to chase him down. I just hope his WRs are not on top of their game. Last time we beat them, they made a tonne of drops. But, of course we can't count on that, it will be a big test for our secondary. Watch out for that Jerome Kearse, he is a big play guy.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Because Seattle's offense is so intimidating

Another thing I forgot to add: 10am games are killer. It was 85 degrees at kickoff, so that's very uncomfortable for us West Coast folks. Seattle has been in the 80's for much of the summer, but we don't have anywhere near the humidity they had over there in Carolina. Combine all those along with facing an underrated, improved top 10 defense and you see another factor of why things got sketchy with the Hawks in Week 1. Expect them to be as good as they usually are at the Clink this Sunday.
[ Edited by DrHawkingThe12th on Sep 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Last time we played @49ers, it was Coach Harbaugh's birthday. This Sunday is Coach Carroll's birthday. http://shwks.com/6m38 ; #Hawkville

I guess that means Carroll is due for a birthday butt whoopin'..
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Wait why did you quote me, Im not a Seattle fan...

No way man not meant for you, meant for the all knowing seagenius
Originally posted by Rascal:
Not that I don't agree, we had already tried that in loud situations, one word play calls and even sign language and it still didn't work all that well. I don't know what the answer is, I will leave that up to the coaching staff. But, heck yes up tempo definitely if we can manage it. Is just so incredibly loud up there, we should even try silent count if we can.

silent count is a given
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I just want to see Anquan knock Richard Sherman on his @**.

I do too. But, Sherman is not the ultimate test cos he is skinny even he might be their best press coverage guy. The toughest physical match-up in terms of their secondary will be with Browner (if he plays) and Chancellor, they are not just tall but big. Remember how Chancellor took out Vernon ? But, Anquan is one heck of a tough dude, I am confident he can match-up well with them.
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
Another thing I forgot to add: 10am games are killer. It was 85 degrees at kickoff, so that's very uncomfortable for us West Coast folks. Seattle has been in the 80's for much of the summer, but we don't have anywhere near the humidity they had over there in Carolina. Combine all those along with facing an underrated, improved top 10 defense and you see another factor of why things got sketchy with the Hawks in Week 1. Expect them to be as good as they usually are at the Clink this Sunday.

anymore excuses that you forgot to mention?
Share 49ersWebzone