LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Because Seattle's offense is so intimidating

If you're referring to the Panther game, well they nearly beat the Seahawks last year too. They are very underrated on D. They have a better D than last year when it was ranked 10th overall. They went 7-9 last year and were only blown out once. The rest of their games were one possession games. I think they deserve some respect. Every team has teams that give them a hard time. The 49ers had a terrible time with the Rams last year.

you split your games with the rams, won by 7 at home when the "Wilson robot" was supposed to be in full effect
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Naw more like take hits and make mistakes. Better then letting him rum around.

Did you watch the game? Carolina had some success. And yards don't mean anything, you scored only one td. And it was wilson running out of the pocket. IIRC.

He just threw it up into double civerage and the wr made a play.

Yes I watched the game a few times. And I've coached football for several years as well. I'm not a homer. Love my team but I know the game of football and this will be a HUGE test for SEA. Our O-line definitely has work to do. Most of the pressure came in the 1st half and it did get better in the 2nd half. To say he just "threw it up into double coverage" is a bit much. He threw a ball that was dropped the play before on the same route. All they did was swap a fresh receiver and run the same thing again. He put the ball where only the WR had a play and put it on his hands with great timing. It wasn't a prayer by any means.

I agree about keeping him in the pocket though. RW can throw with remarkable accuracy on the move. There's no debate there. Carolina did a great job staying very balanced in their lanes and controlling gaps. Several times RW started to pull the ball down and had nowhere to go. That's definitely a key to beating the SEA. Not to mention the lack of a rushing attack really got the Hawks out of balance.

I wouldn't knock Carolina's Def though. They have numerous issues on Off and ST but there front 7 had their Def in the top 10 last year if I'm not mistaken. They are REALLY better than the rest of their team and even the coach staff. But.........Your Def is no joke. I'm worried about your Off and Def lines. They are scary good and unfortunately that's our biggest and maybe only glaring weakness.

Our ST are better from what I've seen but if we don't control the LOS we are going to have a long night. No Hawks fan should debate that.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
GB had a terrible defense at least in that secondary. The Seattle corners overall are a terrible match up for Boldin, especially if Browner returns. In addition, Boldin looks like the only decent 49er WR and if he gets shut down, that offense WILL struggle. And don't think they won't cover Davis as well. The other receiving options are all unproven or not as reliable.

Now we all know this is correct, because its not like we have a running game at all.......

You bet there nice humble Seattle fan.

Thanks for letting us know Green Bay stinks, the Niners stink, and you are far superior.

Its what everyone loves about Seattle fans.

You're not ignorant, arrogant retards.

Wait why did you quote me, Im not a Seattle fan...
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Being in Seattle, I'm exposed to their team a lot more than I'd like. In the offseason I was worried about this game but now I'm not. Our defense will keep Lynch in check and Wilson has looked sluggish in the preseason and game one. He only had one TD against the Raiders. I think last season might have been a bit of a fluke for Wilson and Seattle. Don't get me wrong, they're good but not elite like our 49ers. However, we'll have our hands full dealing with drunken 12th men in a night game. Plus, the weather is predicted to be nice and that always tends to get people rowdy up here. I'm taking the 49ers to win by 7 points.

One TD against the Raiders? hahahaha. He was in for 1 series. That's 100% if I'm not mistaken.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Both the 49ers and Seattle won their respective games, but could have lost also. Both teams will make corrections.

Let's not underestimate the home field advantage, plus the crowd noise specifically in this case. The pressure is obviouisly on Seattle to win, but that doesn't mean they will play bad.

As a 49er fan, I would like to see what the team does when they take away Boldin in this game.

As a hawks fan, I'm nervous that Browner might not play. He actually matches up better than Sherman does. Browner and Boldin are almost identical in size and that would be a battle for sure! Hope he's healthy enough to go!
Originally posted by 49erWay:
You bet there nice humble Seattle fan.

Thanks for letting us know Green Bay stinks, the Niners stink, and you are far superior.

Its what everyone loves about Seattle fans.

You're not ignorant, arrogant retards.

Don't hate us all man...... This game is going to be tough! I'm fully aware that you guys could beat us in our place. The only draw back to that is how much $$ I spent on tix! hahaha. There are plenty of Seattle fans like myself who know that game and fully respect how good you guys are. I'm hoping we can do better controlling the LOS and that the ball bounces our way a few times. It could be the difference.

And Kap seems a lot like RW in that he will be eager to redeem himself this year in our place. I guarantee you he's not intimidated by it. Guys like that love the opportunity to play in games like this.

Either way it's not going to be the end of either of our seasons by a long shot. I'm convinced we'll play 3 times this year. Just hoping the 3rd time is in SEA!
Originally posted by Gametime2013:
One TD against the Raiders? hahahaha. He was in for 1 series. That's 100% if I'm not mistaken.

Excuse me, the Jaguars, which is even slightly worse!
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Originally posted by Gametime2013:

Excuse me, the Jaguars, which is even slightly worse!

do you mean the Panthers? Seattle plays Jax in week 3
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its going to be loud as f**k. Its a night game so they will be super drunk

f**k that noise. I'm on East Coast time. I'm going to be SLOSHED.

With all the free, fruity wells shots my bar gives out when your team scores a touchdown I might ending up puking Seattle colors.

Already not looking forward to Monday morning.

puke all over a CAWK blocker, it'll match his jersey
Scary game. The only team that can match the 49ers physicallity. We better come out sharp and ready to play. The only way win here is to take the crowd out of it and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with mistakes.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
GB had a terrible defense at least in that secondary. The Seattle corners overall are a terrible match up for Boldin, especially if Browner returns. In addition, Boldin looks like the only decent 49er WR and if he gets shut down, that offense WILL struggle. And don't think they won't cover Davis as well. The other receiving options are all unproven or not as reliable.

"raped naked dogs in a ditch"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Scary game. The only team that can match the 49ers physicallity. We better come out sharp and ready to play. The only way win here is to take the crowd out of it and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with mistakes.

I agree, Niners need to clean up the penalties and get the plays out on time. Although, trying to get the crowd out it might be harder than beating the CAWKS... even if they're losing, they'll still be loud/obnoxious because of the lame record they want to break.
49ers arent winning this game, too much stacked against them unfortunately.

Can they win the game? Probably. Do I see them winning? no.
I want a hundred people at CenturyLink to yell "SAC-RA-MENTO" on every down
Originally posted by xela510:
49ers arent winning this game, too much stacked against them unfortunately.

Can they win the game? Probably. Do I see them winning? no.

Share 49ersWebzone