LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
niners gonna get that ass!!!

I remember he got his azz took in Pulp Fiction... we'll see a similar domination of the CAWKS by Niners

were gonna be bruce willis, they were ving rames. bruce willis dont play that s**t

Neither does Cully

bro, on a real note, I hope a lot of those fans up there get their ear drums POPPED!!

ya seriously, f**k their cheating ass stadium. theyre gonna have hearing problems for life. ive never seen a more jekyl and hyde team in my life. they suck dick on the road and they play like monsters in seattle.

LOL!

I hope they sack wicket hella....
Gore always feasted on the sea chickens , lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
For the Sea DBs... Good luck holding onto boldin as he leaves the LOS.

As one CK would say "I hope they have a better plan"....

Damn right !! Is time to repay Chancellor with that hit on Vernon. Our crew needs to deck their entire secondary. Anquan will teach them how to play grown men football !! Let's go 9ers !!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by cNiner:
Gore always feasted on the sea chickens , lol

I want him to get...213 yards this week
Originally posted by hawker84:
Wrong, Clemons, Irvin Avril all out, Mebane and Bennett both playing with injuries. No excuses got to go with what you have, next man up and all, but to simply say we weren't missing our pass rush is ridiculous, Avril, Irving and Clemons accounted for well over 30 sacks last season, that's a significant loss.

I seem to remember hearing how JS and Aldon being out played a significant part in your loss last December, this is no different.. Good teams can overcome these losses when playing slightly weaker teams, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a significant loss. Not to mention we were missing browner...

Having said that, i was not impressed with the way our team looked, it was an ugly win, but i'll take it, sometimes you just win ugly, I fully expect to see a better showing Sunday on both sides of the ball.. I wouldn't be suprised if we lose, but i would't be suprised if we win either.

The 49ers not having JS and Aldon being injured was a HUGE difference. The 49ers back end is not nearly as talented as the Seahawks and they struggled trying to overcome that. Take out Sherman and Chancellor and now we have some parallels.
I would like to see the niners use the No Huddle offense often in this game.. since it's going to be loud, might as well use their own noise against them.
I don't think Seattle will be able to stop the run the way the Packers did. We should see a more balanced approach, and if Gore and Hunter get going then that will allow the Niners to control the clock, which should lead to a W. But I agree with some here that this is possibly the toughest game of the year for the Niners.
Hello fellow Niners fans! I am new to this forum. I was looking for a great Niners board ever since ESPN message boards closed down and this is it!! I can't wait for this game on Sunday!! I am from Sacramento but am now living in the Seattle area!! Oh, the irony!! I have been a 49ers fan since I was a kid in the late 70's. We had some great years in the 80's and hopefully our great years are back. Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully no injuries for either team.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I
Originally posted by trogdor:
I don't think Seattle will be able to stop the run the way the Packers did. We should see a more balanced approach, and if Gore and Hunter get going then that will allow the Niners to control the clock, which should lead to a W. But I agree with some here that this is possibly the toughest game of the year for the Niners.

I think Seattle will contain our running game. I think Kaep's arm and legs will be needed in this game.

If we take care of the ball, run the ball effectively, and stop Lynch, Seattle has no chance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacramentoNinersFsn:
Hello fellow Niners fans! I am new to this forum. I was looking for a great Niners board ever since ESPN message boards closed down and this is it!! I can't wait for this game on Sunday!! I am from Sacramento but am now living in the Seattle area!! Oh, the irony!! I have been a 49ers fan since I was a kid in the late 70's. We had some great years in the 80's and hopefully our great years are back. Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully no injuries for either team.

Welcome, Sacramento.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I

I think Seattle will contain our running game. I think Kaep's arm and legs will be needed in this game.

What makes you think that? I think after getting pushed around in the run game our OL will look to bounce back, and Seattle's DL isn't healthy nor does it have the wealth of massive bodies to clog lanes like GB did. But I agree that Kap will be key, his is the most important position on offense after all.

My opinion is that if the Niners can't establish the run, then they lose. Gore doesn't need to get 180 yards, but 150-175 rushing yards between all of our backs (Kap included) should be enough to wear them down and control the clock, which should lead to a win.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
I would like to see the niners use the No Huddle offense often in this game.. since it's going to be loud, might as well use their own noise against them.

We definitely need to. In fact, no huddle is not enough, we even tried to use hand signs last year and we still had problems. Basically, the booth has to get the calls in right away and Kap has to limit his audibles and changing plays. There is also no varriation in the snap count and the one he uses is not particularly quick. We can't always run it down to 7 secs before we start the snap count. Use a faster count or even try silent count, other teams do it. Whatever it is, we better get it sorted out quick cos otherwise we are going to have serious problems again at Clink this weekend.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
I

What makes you think that? I think after getting pushed around in the run game our OL will look to bounce back, and Seattle's DL isn't healthy nor does it have the wealth of massive bodies to clog lanes like GB did. But I agree that Kap will be key, his is the most important position on offense after all.

My opinion is that if the Niners can't establish the run, then they lose. Gore doesn't need to get 180 yards, but 150-175 rushing yards between all of our backs (Kap included) should be enough to wear them down and control the clock, which should lead to a win.

Nah that is an outdated point of view. As a team, we need to be able to adapt to different situations. Heck, I bet we thought we could run on the Packers too, but we couldn't, could we ? Sure Seattle's D-line has missing pieces now, and if we can run it, pound it by all means. But, if we can't, you mean to say we are just going to lose ? In fact, I don't expect us to be able to run against the Seahawks effectively. That is why we will have to have a different game plan. Fully utilize our big targets with Anquan, Vernon and Vance to out-physical the Legion Of Boom and even their linebackers. Start with short and intermediate throws and wear them down. Once they start to key in on Anquan and Vernon with double teams, then is the time to make use of our other wideout options, the speed guys such as Marlon and start taking long shots downfield. We are going to outmatch their intensity and out-physical them, but not through the ground game, we will do it via our high-powered passing game. In fact, if the run game is not working, we shouldn't waste too many snaps on it, it will only hurt us. Just keep moving the chains and once we get to the red zone just pile on the big targets, rotate Baldwin into the mix. Imagine this, Anquan, Jon, Vernon and Vance in the end zone ?! Let's see what the Browners and Chancellors of this world can handle !!
Share 49ersWebzone