LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Penalties will be the deal breaker in this game imo we got to minimize them
Originally posted by 49ersking:
They took away the read option, the 49ers beat them with Boldin.

They took away Boldin, the 49ers beat them with... .... ?

I really hope VD + Patton come up big.

It will be a hard fought match - the 49ers trying to make up for the brutal loss last year and Seattle trying to take control of the NFC West.

The running game. Its hard to fully commit to taking away receivers without opening space in the running game. Just like since Green Bay commited so much to stopping the run/read option they left giant holes in the passing game. VD did have a pretty big against GB it was just overshadowed by Boldin's big numbers, 98 yards recceiving and 2 td's aren't exactly small numbers especially for a Tight End. Seattles gunna have to pick there poison. Versatile running attack or tremendous passing game, or a combination of both depending on what there defense commits too.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Penalties will be the deal breaker in this game imo we got to minimize them

Agreed, now well see if Kaep can get the plays in quickly and make the necessary reads. Also, we need clean games from Davis and Staley on the edge, as its essentially impossible for them to hear...

I thought before the season started that we'd probably drop this game, but if we can manage to pull the road win, it'd be huge... As everyone knows
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Agreed, now well see if Kaep can get the plays in quickly and make the necessary reads. Also, we need clean games from Davis and Staley on the edge, as its essentially impossible for them to hear...

I thought before the season started that we'd probably drop this game, but if we can manage to pull the road win, it'd be huge... As everyone knows

Harbaugh admitted in the presser that it was the staff not getting the plays in on time
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners gonna get that ass!!!

I remember he got his azz took in Pulp Fiction... we'll see a similar domination of the CAWKS by Niners
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
GB and CAR gave us the template for how to play SEA defensively. Knowing Lynch is the fulcrum you take him away. Knowing Wilson thrives on play action he then suffers. Next you keep a discipline contained rush keeping Wilson in the pocket where his visibility is extremely limited. Russell will then dance to buy time frantically. Then the delayed blitz where he can't excape containment. Every team will play him this way.

To attack the defense you must run effectively. You must commit to it early and often. And since we have Kap and large physical targets in Q VD Vance and the separation speed of KW Kap will make plays with his cannon.

It will be tough but I think we can win. I'm glad that this is there in Sept because we always take injury up there. Rather it be now and get the players back come playoffs than to gave our receiving core decimated come playoffs. KW Delanie Manning Ham for example the last 2 years

I don't think we must run against them. Sometimes we play against teams that can simply stuff our run like in the Packers game. Is tough to run against Seahawks' D-line, we couldn't do it last year neither. Unlike in the Packers game, we mustn't waste too many downs to run if it isn't working and end up shooting ourselves in the foot with a bunch of 3 and longs and putting too much pressure on Kap to convert. We need to keep the drives alive and keep moving the chains.

Instead, my personal game plan would be to use our new big physical targets such as Anquan, Vernon and Vance to test their secondary and even linebackers right from the word go. I think we might be able to wear them down that way. Start with the short and intermediate passes first and get a momentum and rhythm going. Once we have success with that, it should help our run game and read-option plays. Also, once their DBs try to key in on Anquan and Vernon, it could open up opportunities for our other wideouts, the speedy guys such as Marlon and Quinton who can allow us to take some deep shots downfield.

On the defensive side of the ball, you are right, we MUST stop Marshawn Lynch, we couldn't last year. I don't care how we do it, all I know is we just have to. Last year, Justin Smith was out, in this game we will have to bring it like we had never brought before. If Lynch gets to run on the outside, somone will have to lay some wood on him. The guy even tried to intimidate Dashon last year, it will be a huge test for Eric Reid.

But, most important of all is the mental part of our game. Green Bay came in all guns blazing, tried to out-physical us, tried to intimidate us and admittedly did a pretty OK job. You see, if you ask anyone who has beaten the 9ers before, they will always say the same thing, the 9ers are smash mouth and you need to play hard-nosed physical football to knock us off our feet and that was what the Seahawks did last year. This time around, we have to bring with us with everything we got to Clink and re-define the true meaning of "physical football" !! I had already mentioned it before in my earlier posts. We have to play with off-the-charts intensity and a killer instinct that you have never seen before. Last time we played each other, they didn't just want to beat us, they wanted to take our guys out. This is the sort of football we need to play, we got to go out onto the field with the mentality of "killing" them, is prison football !! Anything less will not suffice.
Being in Seattle, I'm exposed to their team a lot more than I'd like. In the offseason I was worried about this game but now I'm not. Our defense will keep Lynch in check and Wilson has looked sluggish in the preseason and game one. He only had one TD against the Raiders. I think last season might have been a bit of a fluke for Wilson and Seattle. Don't get me wrong, they're good but not elite like our 49ers. However, we'll have our hands full dealing with drunken 12th men in a night game. Plus, the weather is predicted to be nice and that always tends to get people rowdy up here. I'm taking the 49ers to win by 7 points.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM ]
For the Sea DBs... Good luck holding onto boldin as he leaves the LOS.

As one CK would say "I hope they have a better plan"....
Originally posted by LVJay:

I remember he got his azz took in Pulp Fiction... we'll see a similar domination of the CAWKS by Niners

were gonna be bruce willis, they were ving rames. bruce willis dont play that s**t
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

sherman the s**t talker made a "business decision" there, lol

Which players are still suspended?
Originally posted by jreff22:

doesnt matter, they dont want it. healthy aldon and Cowboy will eat their o-line alive
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

were gonna be bruce willis, they were ving rames. bruce willis dont play that s**t

Neither does Cully

bro, on a real note, I hope a lot of those fans up there get their ear drums POPPED!!
Originally posted by jreff22:

doesnt matter, they dont want it. healthy aldon and Cowboy will eat their o-line alive

Answer the question NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither does Cully

bro, on a real note, I hope a lot of those fans up there get their ear drums POPPED!!

ya seriously, f**k their cheating ass stadium. theyre gonna have hearing problems for life. ive never seen a more jekyl and hyde team in my life. they suck dick on the road and they play like monsters in seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone