LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 156 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by outside4949:
I don't see how seattle wins to be honest. If your #1 plan is we have a loud stadium, your in for a heap of trouble. I saw seattle play yesterday. They are no where close to as good as us or the packers for that matter. willow holds the ball to long and if kept in the pocket can be defeated. Everyone says kap is a 1 read qb. Yet willow seems almost incapable of hitting his first read. The shecawks are overrated! it will be a nice vacation in seattle.

You beat me to it, couldn't believe my ears when i heard cheaty pete say, we plan to beat them with crowd noise? Sigh, on to week #3
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Anyone think we played sorta vanilla today, in an effort to save it for this game?

No cb blitz's (we've seen Vic dial that up) , runs straight up the middle, etc
CB blitz's probably wouldn't have been smart against Rogers.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Anyone think we played sorta vanilla today, in an effort to save it for this game?

No cb blitz's (we've seen Vic dial that up) , runs straight up the middle, etc
CB blitz's probably wouldn't have been smart against Rogers.

it worked against him last year
Originally posted by hawker84:
I don't see how seattle wins to be honest. If your #1 plan is we have a loud stadium, your in for a heap of trouble. I saw seattle play yesterday. They are no where close to as good as us or the packers for that matter. willow holds the ball to long and if kept in the pocket can be defeated. Everyone says kap is a 1 read qb. Yet willow seems almost incapable of hitting his first read. The shecawks are overrated! it will be a nice vacation in seattle.

You beat me to it, couldn't believe my ears when i heard cheaty pete say, we plan to beat them with crowd noise? Sigh, on to week #3
did he really say that? when your best player is your crowd, you dont have a great team worthy of the superbowl. win away from home when you dont have the best conditions and you get respect
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they kept contain on the midget and he had to play from within the pocket where his visibility sucks. an over aggressive passrush against the seahawks wont work . pressure with the front 3 and contain on the edges against skittles and the midget and we got this game

just keep the midget running and twirling backwards, dont lose contain and he'll make some bonehead mistake
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
they kept contain on the midget and he had to play from within the pocket where his visibility sucks. an over aggressive passrush against the seahawks wont work . pressure with the front 3 and contain on the edges against skittles and the midget and we got this game

just keep the midget running and twirling backwards, dont lose contain and he'll make some bonehead mistake

his scrambling ability and awareness didnt look all that great yesterday. he took some hits and trapped himself a few times yesterday. i hope he tries to run up the middle with reid back there now, he leveled rodgers yesterday on that qb run
Rivalry GAME
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Rivalry GAME

no! thats the bills
did he really say that? when your best player is your crowd, you dont have a great team worthy of the superbowl. win away from home when you dont have the best conditions and you get respect

No he didn't say that, lame attempt at sarcasim i guess. I'm going to assume the coaches are actually trying to put a game plan together that does not involve the crowd...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Sep 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM ]
Rivalry GAME

no! thats the bills

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Rivalry GAME

no! thats the bills

• bret
  • Veteran
I was more worried about Green Bay than I am about Seattle. I think the "emotion" of the game is an often overlooked aspect in football. This is why teams often beat the tough clubs only to lose to an inferior one later. The Niniers had a real problem staying "up" last year: they'd beat a couple of good teams and look great doing it, then they'd come out flat and lose to an inferior team. Playing Green Bay was going to be difficult this year because the Packers are a good team who didn't just lose twice in a row to the Niners, but they were embarrassed in the last outing. To their credit, the Niners came out prepared for the onslaught and maintained their poise, and ultimately beat a good, but inferior team.

So what about the Seahawks? You haven't heard a peep from the Niners team, but you can rest assured they've noticed how all the media is jumping on the Seahawks' nuts! And you haven't heard a peep from the Niners about their loss last year in Seattle, but they'd beaten the Seahawks 4 straight times before their blow-out loss last year, and they are still the superior team across the board.

Are the Seahawks good? Of course! Is this game going to be difficult? For sure! But they came into their last game with Seattle last year tired after a cross country trip on a short week, injured, coming off a big emotional week, and were going against a team who needed the game more than they needed it. Even with a Seahawks win, all the Niners needed to do was win out to win the division, but if the Seahawks had lost, their ticket to the playoffs was not assured. This was a classic trap game, and the Niners fell into the trap. Did they make excuses? No, of course not, but they WERE embarrassed! But they won't forget how they were ambushed, and they WILL be prepared.

Of course the Seahawks will be prepared too. You can throw out their results this last week: they struggled, but they won a game they were supposed to win. And they will have some wrinkles for the Niners. But the bottom line is, the Niners are more talented, have the better coaching staff, and will have emotion on their side. I'm calling it Niners 27-24. But it will take a late score by Seattle to make it that close.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers +3

WTF
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Did you not read the entire post... or maybe you are just one of those guys that watches the scoreboard instead of the games.

I read it, but I was making a statement more of semantics or philosophy.

Point being, can a team that lost a game show how to win a game? Afterall, they lost the game using the same scheme and ideas you're talking about replicating.
Asomugha better get his s**t together for this game.
Share 49ersWebzone