LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Crabtree, Boldin, Baldwin for the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yea hopefully we start getting healthy at the right time for a superbowl push.
Originally posted by daragon:
Why is it too early to talk playoffs? We aren't players on the team. Lol. We are just fans. We can talk playoffs and Superbowl all day. Our focus on the next game doesn't have any effect on how the Niners play. Lol.

lol yes it's 1 of those things from I guess what would be superstitious people and/or those that feel like they're really playing the game.

PEOPLE,... the reason we make these guys millionaires besides viewership is so these guys can go out there and knock the crap out of each other while we sit comfy and speculate on the future. THEY need to concentrate on tomorrow,...we pay them so we can speculate from Pre-Draft to the end of their careers. That's how it works. The best place to do that at is on a messageboard,...we wont affect diddlypooh,...that's the beauty of it. So let's speculate.
Originally posted by boast:
2014 is Crabtree's final year of his rookie contract.

Makes things very interesting come the end of the season. How the Crabs situation plays out will largely depend upon how good/bad our WRs are playing midyear. Since Crabs loves his $$, there are several angles come the close of the season....

1) He may want to get out there and prove to teams that he's work a big contract... or
2) If he is not healthy, he may want a team to take a chance on his 2012 results, but as far as guaranteed $$ is concerned, who would?

#2 If we have 3 guys playing good, we may want to "rest" him and lowball him knowing we don't have a longterm #1 and he may not get great offers. If he's full speed and we need him, that cancels out 1 and 2.
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Too early to talk playoffs but I agree with your premise of loving the Baldwin trade. Has big potential in redzone! 42 in vertical and 6'4" tall. Has good speed. Huge potential but temper expectations. We haven't even seen him on the field for us yet.

Why is it too early to talk playoffs? We aren't players on the team. Lol. We are just fans. We can talk playoffs and Superbowl all day. Our focus on the next game doesn't have any effect on how the Niners play. Lol.

Agree. Why wouldn't we be talking playoffs and super bowl. As a fan im really interested in the playoffs and a super bowl victory although after that 8 year bad bad stretch its still new getting used to playing deep in January. Love the team but I don't watch and cheer for a regular season to watch other teams in the playoffs especially after the team they have built. The way I see them progressing is year 1 NFCCG year 2 super bowl loss year 3 has to be a super bowl win.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
man thats one slow ass WR core.
Originally posted by buck:
My hopes for the regular season do not change from year to year.

First, I want a winning season.

Second, I want to make the play-offs. (This is critical).

Third, have a good enough record to get a bye.

Fourth, have a good enough record to home field advantage throughout the play-offs.

Not too worried about the bye or home field advantage other than to be able to go to the playoff games at home. History has proven you don't need a bye or home field advantage to win the super bowl. It seems like the teams that start clicking in the playoffs the extra game doesn't hurt.
If Crabtree can come back healthy with Boldin, Baldwin & the other receivers playing good come playoff time we could slowly work him in to get up to speed slowly. We will see how it goes.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
so were just going to forget about kyle williams then... the guy with actual experience will play behind baldwin...
[ Edited by BenQ on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM ]
That group maybe slow on team speed, but we know at least 2/3 can catch. I'm not sure if Crabtree returns this season in any real capacity to truly help us, however, I do hope that Kyle Williams and Lockette maybe can develop as some speedy deep threats to complement the receivers we already have.
Originally posted by susweel:
man thats one slow ass WR core.

You know, they aren't lightning, but since when has lighting fast done any good for us? Ted Ginn didn't do much. Rice (he wasn't slow either) and Owens weren't the fastest, but they got open with perfect route running, or muscled there way to a catch.

All i'm saying is that we have a good group for the redzone. Against lots of 5'9-6'0 ft CB's.. having two receivers at around 6'4", plus VD, and crabs is not bad at all. Not to mention how they block for gore.

Baldwin had no chance in the world to reach his potential with the team or the QB that he had.

Plus with Hunter Davis and James, we have speed when its needed. What we needed was to get better at putting points when it counts in the redzone.

We got this.
[ Edited by tondiman on Aug 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM ]

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:
Not too worried about the bye or home field advantage other than to be able to go to the playoff games at home. History has proven you don't need a bye or home field advantage to win the super bowl. It seems like the teams that start clicking in the playoffs the extra game doesn't hurt.

Those are just my hopes.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Week 1 is the only thing that matters... until Monday Sep. 9th

This.

That.

And this. And uh.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i don't think crabtree or manningham will reach game-strength any time this season, and won't see any plays in 2013.
everybody's trying to be optimistic, but these guys aren't going to be flying in 4 months--it's just not going to happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm with you, tondiman. It's going to be real exciting seeing how things work out. I think Baldwin will make a real impact on the team. Can't wait.
I think those excited for Baldwin are in for disappointment. He blows IMO but could be useful in the redzone. I always thought we had the coaching staff to get the most out of Jenkins but he didn't seem very coachable or just had no heart. We'll see how the coaches do with Baldwin. He seems to have a better attitude but so far what I've seen from the guy has been less than impressive. Come playoffs if we're looking at Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams at WR we're in great shape. Don't forget our two TE secret weapon set!!!!! I think its going to prove to be deadly in the redzone. Boldin, McDonald, Davis, Baldwin. Muscle that set of receivers Seattle. I dare you.
Share 49ersWebzone