LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

Crabtree, Boldin, Baldwin for the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah, if HaRoMan can pull their collective heads out of their azzes in the RZ, I agree. They had more than enough weapons last year...now they REALLY have no excuses: CK, Gore, Hunter, James, Gray, Williams, Patton, Boldin, Lockette, Hall, Manningham, Baldwin, McDonald, VD, etc.

But Crabtree will NOT be back. Period.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I think people should be more realistic about Crabtree, every recovery is unique but more times than not an Achilles injury really changes a player. Plus, I'm not even sure he'll be back by the end of the year. I feel like the 49ers are just giving Crabtree a motivational goal to get him through the toughest part of rehab. Suggs came back from his torn Achilles in 6 months because he partially tore it, Crabs fully tore it.

I think one of the biggest ways the redzone will increase is when Kaepernick takes a couple in from with 5-10 yards. That will start freezing the LBs and get the TEs and RBs open. Then Kaepernick will also open up the type of TDs the 49ers got in the NFCC against Atlanta, where they are so concerned about Kaep that they let the RBs walk in untouched. Kaepernick's ability to run it in himself is going to change the 49ers redzone for the better, defenses have to respect that and there isn't a whole lot you can do to stop it every time. We saw flashes of it last year at the end of the season, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. He did all of that with the balance shifted mostly on athletic ability, imagine what it will be like when his mental awareness gets to the level of a seasoned vet.

I also don't think we should look at the playoffs as automatic. Teams are gunning for the 49ers and some of them will more than likely play dirty to try and win. I fully expect the Packers to take a lot of cheap shots after being embarrassed twice last year. Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis all play the 49ers extremely physical right on the borderline of lots of cheapshots... getting through this season healthy is not going to be easy.

Stop being so scared of the rest of the league. The Niners are going to kick ass all season. Buck up son!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, if HaRoMan can pull their collective heads out of their azzes in the RZ, I agree. They had more than enough weapons last year...now they REALLY have no excuses: CK, Gore, Hunter, James, Gray, Williams, Patton, Boldin, Lockette, Hall, Manningham, Baldwin, McDonald, VD, etc.

Are you willing to bet on that? Lol. It cracks me up that people pretend like they know. You don't know ANYTHING about when Crabtree will be back. Lol. If the Niners make a run to the Superbowl, it'll be around the time of an expected return. No one knows right now if it means he'll play or not. Just hope for the best, but don't pretend to know anything.

You think so? Reports indicate that a December return is realistic. I don't expect him to be 100%, but if he can lace them up and run, I can't imagine he'll sit while we make a playoff run. He'll be back.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Too early to talk playoffs but I agree with your premise of loving the Baldwin trade. Has big potential in redzone! 42 in vertical and 6'4" tall. Has good speed. Huge potential but temper expectations. We haven't even seen him on the field for us yet.

Why is it too early to talk playoffs? We aren't players on the team. Lol. We are just fans. We can talk playoffs and Superbowl all day. Our focus on the next game doesn't have any effect on how the Niners play. Lol.
Originally posted by daragon:

Are you willing to bet on that? Lol. It cracks me up that people pretend like they know. You don't know ANYTHING about when Crabtree will be back. Lol. If the Niners make a run to the Superbowl, it'll be around the time of an expected return. No one knows right now if it means he'll play or not. Just hope for the best, but don't pretend to know anything.

Sure, it's a very safe bet. It took Hunter 8 1/2 months to come back and he has yet to go full speed in a game. Then you also have to consider how cautious this coaching/medical staff is. And now the big one...Crabtree himself. He is in his last year of contract. Is HE really going to risk coming back too quickly and risk a big pay day? Now, all that said, if he comes back after 6 months and plays in December and on, I will GLADLY eat crow served with a side of I-Told-You-So's!
One game at a time..... You're going against the Harbs mantra by making a thread like this... Don't assume anything every year is different! One game at a time man....
  • dj43

Sure, it's a very safe bet. It took Hunter 8 1/2 months to come back and he has yet to go full speed in a game. Then you also have to consider how cautious this coaching/medical staff is. And now the big one...Crabtree himself. He is in his last year of contract. Is HE really going to risk coming back too quickly and risk a big pay day? Now, all that said, if he comes back after 6 months and plays in December and on, I will GLADLY eat crow served with a side of I-Told-You-So's!
I surely hope he comes back, however, with a complete Achilles rupture you never know until he gets much closer to running on it. 9 months is a very SHORT recovery time for that type of injury. I don't expect him back until the playoffs, if then.

Let's both agree that we don't know. We don't know how his body will heal. Just cheer the guy on.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
One game at a time..... You're going against the Harbs mantra by making a thread like this... Don't assume anything every year is different! One game at a time man....

What position do you play bro?

Originally posted by defenderDX:

What position do you play bro?

I play the position in reminding you not to get ahead of yourself therefore you won't be let down come playoff time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
My hopes for the regular season do not change from year to year.

First, I want a winning season.

Second, I want to make the play-offs. (This is critical).

Third, have a good enough record to get a bye.

Fourth, have a good enough record to home field advantage throughout the play-offs.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

2014 is Crabtree's final year of his rookie contract.
Originally posted by buck:
My hopes for the regular season do not change from year to year.

First, I want a winning season.

Second, I want to make the play-offs. (This is critical).

Third, have a good enough record to get a bye.

Fourth, have a good enough record to home field advantage throughout the play-offs.

Let's both agree that we don't know. We don't know how his body will heal. Just cheer the guy on.

Always!
Share 49ersWebzone