LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Packers 31
Niners 30

There goes Kaepernick....again! They still haven't stop him! Its almost September!
Packers 31
Niners 30

No way the Niners give up 31 to GB.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Packers 31
Niners 30

Originally posted by fister30:
GB will be on a mission. Tough game.

We will be on one too. It's at the Stick and it is the season opener of the parks swan song. We will win every game. Close it out in style!

Yea. Believe me from what I've seen from GB this year. They can't protect Aaron. Now granted he can makes plays with one leg but the team is better than last year. The secondary is better and their WR will not function like you think without Jennins, Driver, and a hurt Nelson(hes hurt right?).

Trust me. GB drew the short straw this time. This defense is motivated. They're fresh. GB s line is wounded and they're WR core is depleted. It's not going to be close. Maybe this is how the empire falls but I seriously don't see us slipping up game one. Not with the roster we have now.
Packers 31
Niners 30

Last time the Packers got 31 against a NIner defense which had collapsed at the end of the season with an injured Justin Smith and Aldon Smith. With just 8 games under his belt and no benefit of a preseason of preparation, the Niners scored 45. So, I don't understand the logic of a Packers 31, Niners 30 prediction.
GB spent the entire offseason sending coaches across the country trying to figure out how to stop the read option. My guess is that it works and Kap is completely contained within the pocket. What they underestimated though is Kaps continued development throwing the ball. Kap will slice them up through the air, throwing for 250 yards, 3 tds and 1 Int.

Trying to minimize the importance of their inexperienced tackles, GBs offense will focus on the quick passing game to Cobb and the new and improved Finley. This will work for awhile but 49ers will shut it down in the 2nd half. Lacy will struggle in his first start and average around 3 yards per carry.

49ers win 30 - 20
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yea. Believe me from what I've seen from GB this year. They can't protect Aaron. Now granted he can makes plays with one leg but the team is better than last year. The secondary is better and their WR will not function like you think without Jennins, Driver, and a hurt Nelson(hes hurt right?).

Trust me. GB drew the short straw this time. This defense is motivated. They're fresh. GB s line is wounded and they're WR core is depleted. It's not going to be close. Maybe this is how the empire falls but I seriously don't see us slipping up game one. Not with the roster we have now.

Jones, Cobb and Finley are all serious weapons that shouldn't be taken lightly.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Packers 31
Niners 30

Originally posted by fister30:
GB will be on a mission. Tough game.

We will be on one too. It's at the Stick and it is the season opener of the parks swan song. We will win every game. Close it out in style!
No doubt the Niners want to go undefeated at the Stick--goodbye gift.

GB will definitely be on a SERIOUS mission--at least score 10 pts so they won't be totally embarrassed!

Niners cover the spread easily as they dismantle and man-handle the trenches (huge advantage on o-line/d-line......
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by tohara3:
So ready for week 1! My girl is a Packers fan & has been talking so much crap already. Gonna be a wild day in our house for sure!

haha she don't know what's coming.

Are you gonna rub in the pain or be a shoulder to cry on? She will be sad that day.....

In the last game, Kaepernick basically threw only to Crabtree who had 9 receptions for 119 yards and 2 TD's. Davis had one catch. Let's face it. If preseason is any indication, he'll be throwing passes to Boldin, Davis, Moore, McDonald and Patton this time. And, everyone should remember that the defense that allowed 31 points in the last game is not the same defense that dominated most teams for most of the season. There was only one sack in that playoff game by Willis. After watching the way this defense is playing right now, is there anyone here who is going to predict one sack on Rodgers next Sunday? There's more depth and a lot more pass rush now than there was last January.

Any game is a potential loss in the NFL, but I have to say that this match-up looks better to me for next Sunday than it did for the playoffs.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Jones, Cobb and Finley are all serious weapons that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Neither are the Brown, Rodgers, and Asomugha. Willis and Bowman can cover Finley plus you can count on him for a couple of drops. I'm not saying they wont get first downs. This defense knows how to bend and not break.
Originally posted by natrone06:
GB spent the entire offseason sending coaches across the country trying to figure out how to stop the read option. My guess is that it works and Kap is completely contained within the pocket. What they underestimated though is Kaps continued development throwing the ball. Kap will slice them up through the air, throwing for 250 yards, 3 tds and 1 Int.

Trying to minimize the importance of their inexperienced tackles, GBs offense will focus on the quick passing game to Cobb and the new and improved Finley. This will work for awhile but 49ers will shut it down in the 2nd half. Lacy will struggle in his first start and average around 3 yards per carry.

49ers win 30 - 20

I like the way you think.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Remember that one game against the giants, they were talking the whole week about stopping the run because Alex is a game manager. We threw a lot that game and they were like whoa what happened?

The Packers have been studying the read option all offseason, I bet we barely use it. Kap can win with his arm and Gore can pound the rock

Boom shaka laka
Originally posted by teeohh:
Remember that one game against the giants, they were talking the whole week about stopping the run because Alex is a game manager. We threw a lot that game and they were like whoa what happened?

The Packers have been studying the read option all offseason, I bet we barely use it. Kap can win with his arm and Gore can pound the rock

Boom shaka laka

Yeah our running game is the bread and butte.r Then you have to worry about KAep's passing. Then you have to worry about Kaep's running. A lot of defenses can't handle all that. I don't think GB knows what is coming.
Share 49ersWebzone