LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So ready for week 1! My girl is a Packers fan & has been talking so much crap already. Gonna be a wild day in our house for sure!
The 49ers can apply pressure more so than in years past. Lemonier is going to be a star.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Niners go go go!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The 49ers can apply pressure more so than in years past. Lemonier is going to be a star.

I still doubt the 49ers replace brooks and Aldon much on passing downs.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I still doubt the 49ers replace brooks and Aldon much on passing downs.

I wouldnt mind Lemonier spelling Justin on 3rds to give him rest
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

That seems like a weird idea. Maybe some creative lb packages? Still can't see fangio changing his general formula much.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]

that would dial or carradines job when they get healthy

I think Lemonier would be a liability in the middle. I don't know what his role is going to be but I hope he gets a chance to make plays.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think Dial is going to be strictly a NT. He doesn't have the explosiveness to create the type of pressure Fangio wants. We all know he doesn't like to blitz so having a guy that can't rush on 3rd downs just doesn't seem likely. Carradine on the other hand is going to be exactly what were looking for. Hopefully. He's explosive and strong. His technique needs work but when your rushing the passer you really don't have to be a pro at it.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think Dial is going to be strictly a NT. He doesn't have the explosiveness to create the type of pressure Fangio wants. We all know he doesn't like to blitz so having a guy that can't rush on 3rd downs just doesn't seem likely. Carradine on the other hand is going to be exactly what were looking for. Hopefully. He's explosive and strong. His technique needs work but when your rushing the passer you really don't have to be a pro at it.

Dial kind of reminds me of Red Bryant, a big nasty 5 tech that lines head up against the tackle.

Originally posted by eonblue:

I think Lemonier would be a liability in the middle. I don't know what his role is going to be but I hope he gets a chance to make plays.

In this situation it wouldnt be in the middle, im referring to 3rd downs when we play alot of nickle coverage with 4 down lineman.
Originally posted by tohara3:
So ready for week 1! My girl is a Packers fan & has been talking so much crap already. Gonna be a wild day in our house for sure!

haha she don't know what's coming.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Dial kind of reminds me of Red Bryant, a big nasty 5 tech that lines head up against the tackle.

Honestly who knows what Fangio has planned for him. Saban used him in a very conservative role at Alabama. He was more like an anchor type player that allowed those around him to create pressure. Which he was very good at. He rushed on occasion but it mostly him pushing his linemen back into the QB. I don't know about his ability to bull rush a gap. I'm sure it's there though because he has long arms and he can get good leverage. Tomsula turned RJF and Mcdonald into pros I'm sure he can make something happen with Dial.

Tomsula is probably my most favorite position coach. The way our 2nd string dline was controlling the line of scrimmage was really quite incredible. It's a statement for sure. He made Tukuafu, Dobbs, and Jerod Eddie look like starters and those guys were all undrafted.
Packers 31
Niners 30
GB will be on a mission. Tough game.
Share 49ersWebzone