There are 194 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

49ers- 38
packers-21
50 pages of nothing but 49ers fans talking about the Pack not standing a chance...

When Aaron Rodgers (The best QB in the NFL) Is on your team you always stand a chance. Should be close game though.

49ers - 28
Packers - 24
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AaronRodgers:
50 pages of nothing but 49ers fans talking about the Pack not standing a chance...

When Aaron Rodgers (The best QB in the NFL*) Is on your team you always stand a chance. Should be close game though.

49ers - 28
Packers - 24

*arguably

When Aaron Rodgers (The best QB in the NFL) Is on your team you always stand a chance. Should be close game though.

49ers - 28
Packers - 24

Your defense sucks.

49ers - 28
Packers - 24

What else do u you want ot hear man? I mean c'mon you are on a 49ers fan page years past you prob wouldnt see the same kind of reaction you see these days, but with the type of QB we have now how can we NOT be confident especially what we done lately.
I understand being confident and I understand that this is a 49ers forum so yeah it's gonna be a little biased but that's just not reasonable. The Packers are one of the best teams in the NFL so the level of confidence exhibited is a little overkill. I love the game of football and love to see what other teams fans think.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I understand being confident and I understand that this is a 49ers forum so yeah it's gonna be a little biased but that's just not reasonable. The Packers are one of the best teams in the NFL so the level of confidence exhibited is a little overkill. I love the game of football and love to see what other teams fans think.
i think if you guys had john brockington and MacArthur lane in your backfield you would have a more than decent chance to win! now if you had scott hunter as your quarterback, that would not be good! ( I like to go old school with posters!)
49ers have had a winning record since the beginning of the 2011 season, which leads the NFL (tied with the Texans).
Kah.Lass.Eeee....

From the espn.com frontpage:

If I was a Packers fan, I would be completely terrified bringing in a suspect offensive line vs a super fresh 49ers defense this Sunday, like seriously.

Man you guys defense is pretty terrible, so is your guys offensive line, so is you guys running game. Coming right down to brass tacks, it will be a rough game for arguably the best qb in football to keep from being sacked repeatedly. You say that the packers are one of the top teams, but as I see things they are a one dimensional offense with a soft defense and mediocre special teams. Your team has a chance as this is the NFL, but it is not much of one...sorry man, we've all had to deal with unpleasant truths about our team before, so we can all sympathize. Try to enjoy the game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hope our guys are focused and not read everyone saying, they are the favorites, it should not be close etc etc. we have seen times in our history when we are heavily favored to win a game at home and then come out and lay an egg. gotta get off to a good start on both sides of ball, not let rogers get into a flow, defend the run and then impose our will with our offensive line

I think Aaron Rodgers will always make the Packers competitive. The only issue I have with the Packers is that the defense looked suspect all of last year, and I'm not sure what major upgrades the team made there to suggest they would be much better this year. In any case, we'll see how this game plays out, but you're right that it could very well be very close. My prediction, though, is that it would be close to begin with but that the Niners would begin to pull away in the 3rd and 4th quarters, as the Green Bay defense begins to wear down.
Share 49ersWebzone