LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You guys hearing the chatter about GB issuing misleading statements about the read option and the pistol formation and that GB might be trying to incorporate those plays in their own gameplan on offense? I am sure we are prepared to defend this anyway but it would be interesting to see what GB would do with the pistol formation and the read option concept. Perhaps they incorporate their backs and Cobb in this set. I do know that I would not expose Rodgers to a guy like Brooks or Bowman and Willis because that would be trouble
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea, no way they'd run the read option with Rodgers. I'm sure our D is pretty well versed on how to stop it since they've been seeing it in practice for well over a year now. Not worried.
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm a little concerned on how our DBs will handle Rodgers. We will probably be forced to play our 3rd corner and with Cully out, Namdi hurt, and Reid being a rookie...

Aldon Smith better rape that rookie LT.

with Nnamdi out, the secondary just took a big step back, even worse with the minus of Culliver.

Phatbutskinny right der^^^

sadly, this is too true. some of my friends say i even kinda sound like him
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm a little concerned on how our DBs will handle Rodgers. We will probably be forced to play our 3rd corner and with Cully out, Namdi hurt, and Reid being a rookie...

Aldon Smith better rape that rookie LT.

with Nnamdi out, the secondary just took a big step back, even worse with the minus of Culliver.

Phatbutskinny right der^^^

sadly, this is too true. some of my friends say i even kinda sound like him
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, no way they'd run the read option with Rodgers. I'm sure our D is pretty well versed on how to stop it since they've been seeing it in practice for well over a year now. Not worried.
Yea pistol is one thing but Rodgers on a read option? No sir if I'm GB with my $100 million QB
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Not to mention Rodgers may get killed trying to run it with our pass rush. If he fakes that thing he's toast.
Rodgers is the only one that gets me nervous, If the Niners Blitz the sh*t out of Rodgers to make him uncomfortable and don't give him time to throw then that's an automatic win no doubt. They will be playing a 4th rounder on the Left and a 2nd year man on the Right that alone is a red flag on GB line.
I'd like to see the 9ers sustain several long scoring drives. Keeping Rodgers off the field as much as possible is the best defense against him. But if Kap is successful at putting lots of points on the board with long strikes, then that'll work, too.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
4, A. What do you say to your offensive tackles to help them get ready to face this challenge against San Francisco?

RODGERS: "Block those guys, please."

5. Do you shorten your clock to get rid of the ball knowing Bakhtiari is young and inexperienced?

RODGERS: "I don't think you want to play like that. I think you want to have confidence in those guys. Tackles block ends, that's what we always say. In this case, tackles block outside linebackers. That's two tough guys. I mean, Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith are two of the best in the league, and as a pair, present a tough challenge. But we expect those guys to get out there and block them up and it's going to be a tough matchup for them, but we've got to win a lot of those battles."

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/story/Aaron-Rodgers-Facing-49ers-not-about-rev?blockID=936299

you always get a small sense he is still a fan of this team. Must be hard.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!
dp.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!

OMFG!
Add Clay Matthews as the Wile. E Coyote
Share 49ersWebzone