There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ace52
  • Veteran
This was a great win. The 49ers took the Pack's best shot, and were still able to come out on top. I'm glad we are able to continue our recent dominance of the Packers, to get some payback for what Favre used to do to us.
And Boldin is The Man. He exceeded all my expectations for him. The Niners are very lucky to have him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN

#49ers Donte Whitner told me Kaepernick will throw for 4,000 yards and run for 1,000 this season.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Kaep is a legitimate NFL QB. A lot of noise was made about the read option in the offseason but it seems few people really watched Kaepernick's development throughout the season. He can make all the throws and can make all the reads. Kaep showed that today.

you figured this out now?
A couple quick thoughts:

Kap has to work on his play clock awarness
Need to stop faking the handoff on read option every play. Also, many times on wrong side on hand off or fake.
Less jumbo
Reid looks good, nice ST tackle as well. Just one missed tackle I think
Boldin looks great but we need Crabtree for the playoffs
More McDonald (just has to hit the jugs machine and he will be great #2)
More Patton, Don't think Moore had a catch today....
Kyle Williams... We will see but don't think he is a true #2. He needs to step up, can't expect Boldin/VD to have 300 yards every game.
More Hunter... bigger mix, fresher legs... I know game one but more rotating...not a knock on Gore at all
Defensive line didnt get much pressure late in the game, TJE played, Tukuafu seems to be a likely cut in the next few days when Dobbs comes back. Definitely could use Carradine/Dial
Probably blitz a little bit more when not getting pressure
Aldon took over for Ahmad's offsides problem and then proceeds to stand there on a free play like Brooks does. Brooks lined up offsides on 3rd down luckily they didnt snap it and he got back..
Roman conservative in red zone and at varies times... a lot of runs up the middle, again too many fakes on read option, not effective if you do it every play
Originally posted by fister30:
I'm still not impressed with hunter. I won't be surprised if LMJ shares the load with Gore once healthy.

really
Kaepernick's 412 passing yards are the most in history by a 49ers quarterback on opening day, besting Steve Young (363) and Joe Montana (356).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000240741/article/kaepernickboldin-connection-a-gold-mine-for-49ers
Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Kaepernick's 412 passing yards are the most in history by a 49ers quarterback on opening day, besting Steve Young (363) and Joe Montana (356).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000240741/article/kaepernickboldin-connection-a-gold-mine-for-49ers

records keep breaking...
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Damn! I wish he would've passed Rattay!
[ Edited by gato80 on Sep 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lot of knucklehead mistakes. Those will be corrected immediately.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
A couple quick thoughts:

Kap has to work on his play clock awarness - Alot better than what we used to do
Need to stop faking the handoff on read option every play. Also, many times on wrong side on hand off or fake.
Less jumbo
Reid looks good, nice ST tackle as well. Just one missed tackle I think - Dude is a beast and Goldson will not be missed
Boldin looks great but we need Crabtree for the playoffs
More McDonald (just has to hit the jugs machine and he will be great #2)
More Patton, Don't think Moore had a catch today.... had two catches and was not targeted because Boldin was a a ball hog
Kyle Williams... We will see but don't think he is a true #2. He needs to step up, can't expect Boldin/VD to have 300 yards every game.
More Hunter... bigger mix, fresher legs... I know game one but more rotating...not a knock on Gore at all
Defensive line didnt get much pressure late in the game, TJE played, Tukuafu seems to be a likely cut in the next few days when Dobbs comes back. Definitely could use Carradine/Dial
Probably blitz a little bit more when not getting pressure
Aldon took over for Ahmad's offsides problem and then proceeds to stand there on a free play like Brooks does. Brooks lined up offsides on 3rd down luckily they didnt snap it and he got back..
Roman conservative in red zone and at varies times... a lot of runs up the middle, again too many fakes on read option, not effective if you do it every play
added
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Lol @ this creepy hipster behind Erin andrews

saw that. some dude just tryin' to go viral
The read option was our big Achilles heel today. We would have been better off not even running it.
[ Edited by smithgdwg on Sep 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Hope other dumb ass fans stop calling Kap a gimmick qb

That reminds me,

what are Seahawk fans thinking about next week?

From .NET:
chris98251 wrote:Boldin schooled a secondary, against a seasoned secondary thats much more physical I
don't think he has close to the day he had today. Credit him for doing it and the 49ers exploiting it.

Davis and Boldin won that game no doubt, is he rejuvenated, maybe a bit, he looked smaller and quicker,
maybe it was just the different uniforms but he did look different.

Having had that type of success this week I think is great, Kaep will be looking his direction first next week,
Sherm and Browner will be ready if the targets are half as frequent.

throwdown wrote: Kaepernick is very real, any of you that doubted look dumb right now and are making the rest
of us look dumb because you were a very vocal minority.
Wow a fan died falling off the pedestrian walkway in Candlestick?! That's too bad.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/08/5718551/fan-falls-to-death-at-candlestick.html
Share 49ersWebzone