LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Prediction: 3 teams have talked to Browns about Josh Gordon which includes a pick and a player. I expect Manningham being traded along with a pick for Josh Gordon

That's a bold prediction.

fixed

I've come to a sad realization baalke will not trade for Gordon and both him and harbaugh will put all their chips on Crabtree and manningham which to me is silly considering they're coming off major injuries. I'm hoping both will be in full stride come playoff time
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I've come to a sad realization baalke will not trade for Gordon and both him and harbaugh will put all their chips on Crabtree and manningham which to me is silly considering they're coming off major injuries. I'm hoping both will be in full stride come playoff time

Trades are pretty rare in the NFL. There's always a lot of talk about them, but they never happen.

maybe they know something we don't? All we can do is hope for the best but I am thinking we have big plans this upcoming draft as it relates to our draft picks. Plus the new CBA has placed extreme importance on the value of picks as opposed to expensive veterans these days
Prediction: 3 teams have talked to Browns about Josh Gordon which includes a pick and a player. I expect Manningham being traded along with a pick for Josh Gordon

fixed

Obviously LaMichael James is being traded since Harbaugh praised him and spoke of his "value to the team." Obvious code for "we're about to trade you."

fixed

lol i will be wrong again

You said it, there's no guarantee either player comes back let alone in top form. Gordon will open up the field and could very well put the 49ers over the top. I have faith in the Coach and GM, they'll do what's right.
I don't think the Browns deal Gordon, but if Manningham makes a full recovery, Browns would be retarded not to take the trade with maybe even a 4th or 5th thrown into the pot (it's not like we won't have another one by draft time, lol).

Maybe the asking price is too much? Maybe they are seriously concerned that Gordon is a bonehead and will screw up yet again, thereby being suspended for a FULL season the next time he does. It certainly is worth considering, Gordon has 2 strikes against him in a very short period of time, you could say its really the only reason Cleveland is looking to trade him because otherwise he's one of the very best young WR's in the NFL right now.

Eitherway it goes, I do have trust in Baalke to make the right decision for this team.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

fixed

Obviously LaMichael James is being traded since Harbaugh praised him and spoke of his "value to the team." Obvious code for "we're about to trade you."

so true lol

Manningham will get activated after the bye week. I don't think the team will do any significant roster moves this week while they're in London. Moore will be release to create a roster spot for MM.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

You said it, there's no guarantee either player comes back let alone in top form. Gordon will open up the field and could very well put the 49ers over the top. I have faith in the Coach and GM, they'll do what's right.

Why do people assume that, because we have yet to make a particular roster move, that the team hasn't tried or thought of it?

Do we know if the team can afford Gordon's contract? Do we know if Cleveland is interested in anything we're willing to offer? Do we know how a trade will impact our ability to re-sign key players next season (salary cap)?

I can assure you that Harbaugh and Ballke know the answer to ALL of those questions. We don't.
we don't even use the weapons we have now...
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Why do people assume that, because we have yet to make a particular roster move, that the team hasn't tried or thought of it?

Do we know if the team can afford Gordon's contract? Do we know if Cleveland is interested in anything we're willing to offer? Do we know how a trade will impact our ability to re-sign key players next season (salary cap)?

I can assure you that Harbaugh and Ballke know the answer to ALL of those questions. We don't.

Yes they can. He's locked in at a low cost for the next 2 1/2 seasons.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by trellblaze:

Yes they can. He's locked in at a low cost for the next 2 1/2 seasons.

And what's our projected salary cap figure over the next 2 1/2 seasons? Who are we going to make an attempt at keeping? How much are we willing to pay them? Who do we plan to extend?

All I'm sayin' is we don't know enough to criticize an apparent non-move. We don't know if they've tried to trade for Gordon or not. Just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean it didn't happen. We don't know if the move fits in with future roster transactions. They do.
Share 49ersWebzone