There are 157 users in the forums

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Counting down the days we go 3 wr sets with crab, boldin and Mario placing fair Kyle on the bench where he belongs

Oh come on, Kyle only had 17 fair catches coming IN to the Titans game. That's not much is it? LMAO
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh come on, Kyle only had 17 fair catches coming IN to the Titans game. That's not much is it? LMAO

He had one punt return of 14 yards called back because of a penalty. On second thought, It might have been 19 yards.

I am pretty sure that gave us our worst starting position of the game.

Perhaps, we should be hoping for successful fair catches.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM ]
Jim Harbaugh was asked about WR Mario Manningham on 95.7 The Game: "He's coming along well. I don't anticipate him being back this week, but next game there's a good chance"
Originally posted by buck:

He had one punt return of 14 yards called back because of a penalty. On second thought, It might have been 19 yards.

LOL. No question in my mind, he is being instructed to fair catch. This is a very conservative coaching staff when it comes to the ST area.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

LOL. No question in my mind, he is being instructed to fair catch. This is a very conservative coaching staff when it comes to the ST area.

It was 22 yards, only remember it because it was actually worthwhile and we lost it.
Manningham caught a TD in practice. Woot!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

I wish there was a video to see how he is moving.
edit.....

Oh my god we need another receiver

The 49ers certainly could use help at the position. No wideout other than Anquan Boldin has caught a touchdown for them this season. The team's second-leading pass catcher at the position, Kyle Williams,ranks 103rd in the league among wideouts in receiving yards.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/49ers-notes-manningham-td-sparks-welcome-back-celebration.html#storylink=cpy

our #2 WR is 103rd in the league.......
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Great to hear!

Honest question for you guys...where will Manningham play? I hope to God HaRoMan don't put him out at the X (where Baldwin/Williams currently play). Williams is a nightmare out there but Baldwin is ideal b/c his size and willingness to block and block well on that edge is critical to our outside running game and screens (RB or WR) and slants. We, for whatever reason, only throw Baldwin a bone once or twice a game. I fear having Manningham out on that edge blocking for the annointed receiver and in the run game outside, he is putting himself at a big-time risk to reinjury that knee. I'd hope they'd sit Williams, keep Baldwin out a the X (throw him a few more bones) and slide Manningham inside to work the slot (clean release off the LOS). That would be ideal. Therefore, I don't see our coaches doing this. LOL

PS: D/t the heavy TE formations, we don't use the slot as a true WR option very much.

I agree. Unfortunately I think that's where they will use him. Baldwin is basically worthless so far but I still have more confidence in him out wide than I do Williams. I'd like to see them use Manningham and Williams out of the slot. On plays where Boldin is in the slot then move them outside. Should be interesting. As long as we stick with the running game and don't get all pass happy excited over this I'll be fine with however they decide to use him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I agree. Unfortunately I think that's where they will use him. Baldwin is basically worthless so far but I still have more confidence in him out wide than I do Williams. I'd like to see them use Manningham and Williams out of the slot. On plays where Boldin is in the slot then move them outside. Should be interesting. As long as we stick with the running game and don't get all pass happy excited over this I'll be fine with however they decide to use him.
baldwin has been sick in his defense,,, i think he will contribute as the last half of the year goes
Originally posted by cciowa:
baldwin has been sick in his defense,,, i think he will contribute as the last half of the year goes

Would like to see him line up outside in 3WR set, with Manningham in the slot.

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Would like to see him line up outside in 3WR set, with Manningham in the slot.

I would LOVE to see this and then HaRoMan scheme (some) more plays Baldwin's way. I would like to see this dude's RAC ability. The way this offense is designed, you could use Manningham a lot in the decoy-role for weeks until he is in football shape but just having him on the field, running from the slot, he would command some attention that could also help someone other than Boldin/VD get open underneath.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

This is really exciting. Kaep clearly trusts this guy, from day one!

Good point and it can only help his situation having another competent receiver in the fold. If he gets healthy he has a really good opportunity to excel once Mario gets back to balling.
so were expecting him to be starting after the bye?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
so were expecting him to be starting after the bye?

probably..he's healthy enough to practice right now..the next game is in three weeks
Share 49ersWebzone