LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

winners & losers: preseason game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I trust the way baalke and harbaugh do business. Whoever ends up wearing the red and gold out of the WR's will deserve to do so. Potential only gets you so far with these guys.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
I trust the way baalke and harbaugh do business. Whoever ends up wearing the red and gold out of the WR's will deserve to do so. Potential only gets you so far with these guys.

We still have Patton. I think he can end up as the 2. I only want to see Collie on 3rd downs. He is good and you can tell, but I don't want him getting hurt.
vance looked like greg olson going up to snatch those balls in the air. looked great, reid making solid tackles too. jenkins was a huge downer, no reciever seems to wanna step up and be the number 2...
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
vance looked like greg olson going up to snatch those balls in the air. looked great, reid making solid tackles too. jenkins was a huge downer, no reciever seems to wanna step up and be the number 2...

Collie can be the number 2, but I don't know how long he will last.
The Good: Spillman, Cox, Wilhoite, Starting Offense
The Bad: Jenkins, backup O-Line
What y'all think about your NT situation? Ian Williams got some penetration a couple of times, but he is a question mark and I didn't notice Dorsey really have any impact... I hope Ian steps it up this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the first team offense looked good, overall our first second and third string defense looked good. The only concern I have from this game if the super bowl between the broncos and the niners boils down to their third string offense vs our third string offense, they will probably win. sheesh people,, and some think I over react. well I do but I usually wait until late in the regular season to do so
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:

of course this is the truth,, alot of stuff will shake out and those guys who show little or no improvement from last night to say,,, game three will be gone
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I really like Tolzien's ability to work through his progressions, but damn, watching him throw makes me nervous. His passes travel in slow-motion. I keep thinking his sideline throws are gonna get pick 6'ed lol.

same
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think a good poster bret talked about how our top three picks looked good last night,, I know it is early and things can change but for the guys who saw the game last night,,,, do you think there is a very good possibility that reid could take that starting job ? if you want to defer for another two games, thats ok!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Really? Why?

LMJ looked pretty darn good to me. He dances around a bit at times, but he also had some really nice runs. He got around the edge against Von Miller and ran past him for about 8 yards. He also had several nice runs up the middle.
he is not meant to be a every down back,, when hunter and gore get in there and you cleverly mix in james and then you got dixon for short yardage stuff,, we will be more than fine. I am more focused in on what he can do in regards to the punt return game
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl: Winners: Boldin, Reid, McDonald, Lemonier, Cox, Dixon, Collie, Dobbs
Losers: 2nd/3rd string OL, Jenkins, Tolzien, McCoy

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed that we didn't give BJ Daniels a shot. Tolzien is too limited of an athlete to ever be a decent NFL qb.

Don't agree and neither does Coach Harbaugh apparently. Tolzein is serviceable. Is he starter material no, but he can play in NFL.
Haralson looked great - we could have used that last season for sure
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl: Winners: Boldin, Reid, McDonald, Lemonier, Cox, Dixon, Collie, Dobbs
Losers: 2nd/3rd string OL, Jenkins, Tolzien, McCoy

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed that we didn't give BJ Daniels a shot. Tolzien is too limited of an athlete to ever be a decent NFL qb.

Don't agree and neither does Coach Harbaugh apparently. Tolzein is serviceable. Is he starter material no, but he can play in NFL.
Not a big Tolzien supporter...but I agree with Badger here, there would clearly be a big difference if he had more time, the line play drops off fast behind our starters and two or three backups. It was the cumilative effect of having all the back ups in that made things so dicey. Nice thing is 2-3 back ups is all we will probably need as those guys all play the entire interior and Boone can kick out to Tackle. Still it would be nice to see one pure tackle backup on the roster that isnt scary raw or scary bad.
It's only the first pre-Season game and the next episode will tell more.

The Good: First Teams offense, Defense, ST were very good. Really Liked Boldin! Kap is going to have a super season.
Offense - McDonald, Kilgore, Osgood, Collie stood out IMO

Defense - Lemonier = WOW!, Wilhoite gave me confidence, Moore was solid, I;ve been down on Dixon for years BUT he stepped up BIG-time, Ian played solid and will be a big improvement over RJF/Soap, Asomug will be excellent and a difference maker this season

ST: Cox was excellent, Lee was Lee, Dawson will be solid w/Jennings snapping

The Bad: The 2nd string OLine - Dorsey disappointed, AJ - doesn't seem hungry or tough,

?: I thought Tolzein played well with a crappy OLine BUT he needs to get better for me to be confident

Share 49ersWebzone