There are 178 users in the forums

winners & losers: preseason game 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
winners: reid didn't look like he was in the weeds.

losers: OT depth is really, really poor.

what's your take.
Winners: Reid, Lemonier, Asomugha, Cox, Haralson, Tolzien, McDonald

Losers: McCoy, Jenkins, all the backup O-line

I might be missing a couple so feel free to add.
[ Edited by 49ersss on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
WINNERS: Reid and the 1st team offense, Vance McDonald, Eric Reid

LOSERS: The backup QBs, Okoye.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:

First football game EVER and was only in for a few plays.
Originally posted by robniner:

How did Okoye lose? Did he even play?
Winners: Boldin, Reid, McDonald, Lemonier, Cox, Dixon, Collie, Dobbs
Losers: 2nd/3rd string OL, Jenkins, Tolzien, McCoy

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed that we didn't give BJ Daniels a shot. Tolzien is too limited of an athlete to ever be a decent NFL qb.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Winners: Vance, 1st team O & D, Wilhoite, Ian Williams, Cox, Collie, Reid, Big Dix
Losers: Entire backup O-line, Jenkins, Number 45, Colt, DJ Harper,

offense or defense?

i thought schep looked good blocking.
I did up,down or even.

Michael Wilhoite - Up - Like I have said looks to be the #3 ILB favorite. I would place Moody at 4 and Stupar as not making the team.
Parys Haralson - Up - We needed him last year and losing him hurt. Glad to have him back and you better believe he is our #3 OLB.
Corey Lemonier - Up - I would put him at the #4 OLB spot
Dan Skuta - Up - 2 Sacks and could make the roster as the # 5 OLB, Johnson is in a uphill climb right now.
Eric Reid - Up - Got plenty of reps, much more than Spillman and Dahl and looks like he is the favorite to start IMO
Perrish Cox - Up - Not sure why he hasn't seen more reps as return man but had 2 great returns and did really well at CB. I would put him in a fight for #3 with Asomugha and Brock at #5.
Asomugha - Up - No idea why people keep saying he is on the roster bubble. I see him in a fight for the #3 CB behind Brown and Rogers.
Tolzien - Up - McCoy was hurt and I didn't like everything he did but has advantage on Daniels for the #3 spot as he didn't get to play.
#1 Offense - Up - Brutal watching the difference between our first string offense (OL included) and watching the 2nd and 3rd string offense and offensive line
McDonald - Up - If he can control his drops he is going to be a great safety blanket this year. Some nice blocks as well including a pancake.
Dixon - Up - Guy is running like he was suppose to years ago. With Hampton not playing? and Harper's 2 carries resulting in a fumble for TD and negative yards doesn't look like Dixon is going any where
Osgood - Up - Led us in receiving and had a few nice ST plays but he is up there in age and not sure he offers much for the future and at WR once the regular season starts.

2nd String OL - Down - Many missed blocks resulting in a touch down, a hurt QB and a fumble by Harper. Nobody really stood out to me on the OL at 2nd and 3rd string but didn't watch them too closely. Seems like Snyder and Kilgore are locks and might be one or 2 more spots available. Looney? Wiggins?
Jenkins - Down - Nice catch but has to hold onto the ball. Another time not sure what happened but wasn't looking for the ball. I hope nobody blames the int by McCoy on Jenkins because that wasn't his fault. We need to give the ball to him on some reverses and give him some easy catches to get his confidence up. If we don't we are just asking for him to fail.

Rest of WR's - Even - Collie with a nice 4th down catch, Lockette with 2 drawn penalties and a nice ST tackle at the 1, Jacobs could be PS and complete next year. Hawkins I would say down and seems out... 2 drops. Moore had a catch early and is it me or does the guy have a lot in common and look a lot like a bigger Ted Ginn? Hall I think had a catch or two but bottom line and I know it's only game one but not sure any one distance themselves from the rest. Part of it was the 2nd string OL and the QB's at times. With Boldin, Williams, Manningham as the top 3 and Patton a lock but unable to play we just need some guys to step up. Expect a lot from Davis and McDonald this year and the trio of RBs. Jenkins, Lockette, Collie, Hall, Moore, Osgood, Jacobs, Hawkins. I doubt we cut Jenkins so that leaves 1 spot (unless Manningham goes to the PUP) and we need 1 guy to stand above the rest and make it impossible to cut him. Hopefully it isn't all even at 10-30 yards a piece a game.

If anyone watched the OL (Kilgore, Looney, Wiggins etc) closely would love to here your stock watch rating. Anyone watch Okoye?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Ricardo Lockette

Perish Cox

Vance McDonald

Parys Haralson

Corey Lemonier

Austin Collie

Ian Williams

Eric Reid

Colt McCoy

AJ Jenkins

back up offensive line
[ Edited by buck on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Winners: Ian Williams, Michael Wilhoite, Dan Skuta, Perrish Cox, Eric Reid, Austin Collie, Daniel Kilgore, DeMarcus Dobbs, Corey Lemonier, Parys Haralson, Nnamdi Asomugha

On the rise: Kasim Osgood, Vance McDonald, Nick Moody, Glenn Dorsey, Chad Hall

Neutral: Scott Tolzien, Ricardo Lockette, Adam Snyder

Loser: AJ Jenkins, DJ Harper, Patrick Omameh, Nate Stupar, Lawrence Okoye, Carter Bykowski

Up
Eric Reid
corey lemonier

Down
Tolzien
Every Wr not named Boldin
Iam Williams looked like a force. He was pushing the pocket every time.

The secondary all looked great.

Outside of Boldin, we have a serious issue at WR. Jenkins will not cut it this season. We need KW, MM or one of the other 12 WRs we have to step up. Its not a coinsincidence we have so many WRs in camp. There is no faith in Jenkins and its pretty clear now.
Anybody know what was up with Jewel Hampton? We keep hearing how the 49ers are supposedly high on him...I didn't see him get into the game tonight (maybe he's injured?). Harper got into the game before him, which surprised me. I've been looking forward to seeing Hampton play in the preseason.
With no OL passblocking, it is impossible to rate our WRs, tho Chad Hall looked good and Lockette looked like a rocket, even to he got held twice. You want a starter, at WR? Collie hands down, but he has played with the best, peyton. We need to see any Qb and 1st team OL to rate our WRs. Without 1st string OL, anything you see out there is wiped out by a 2nd and 3rd string Ol that couldn't block an 86 yr old in a nursing home. So still too early to rate WRs.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Iam Williams looked like a force. He was pushing the pocket every time.

The secondary all looked great.

Outside of Boldin, we have a serious issue at WR. Jenkins will not cut it this season. We need KW, MM or one of the other 12 WRs we have to step up. Its not a coinsincidence we have so many WRs in camp. There is no faith in Jenkins and its pretty clear now.

Collie may make it as a #2 till everybody else heals up.
Share 49ersWebzone