LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xtm059:
I liked alex smith as a guy but he was never excellent on the field. Can we move past this?

This reel doesn't even include the playoffs.

Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
The only thing I miss about Smith is the slow drives down the field at times. Of course, I don't miss not scoring TDs. Kaep has only had 10 starts, so he may get better at it, but he's definitely more of a gunslinger. I know the object of the game is to score more points, but I'd like him to incorporate a little more eat up the clock style, when appropriate. But there is zero doubt in my mind, Kaep is a much better player.

His only drive the other night took almost 8 minutes off the clock. I think he knows how to do it.

I guess he's more like Alex than I thought, because that 8 minute drive ended in a field goal.

I never used the word "never" or "couldn't," but it does seem like our offense is much more of a quick strike.

I guess the only way to prove that is too look at the offense time of possession each game versus what was normal with Smith.

We ran the ball a lot on that drive. We didn't get into the end-zone because we ran two stupid running plays for loses and then got a false start on Davis.
I'm sure during the regular season, scoring TD's will be more important to us, and therefore we'll take better advantage of Kap, rather than fooling around with sweeps and fullback dives.
Another reason not to start posting until reg season.

Go Niners.
and again, yet another thread become an alex love/hate thread. I was hoping (i knew better) that this was over when we traded him.

Love or hate him, it doesnt matter. I am a 49er fan first, players are 2nd, whoever gets #6, thats who I cheer for.

With that, does anyone have anything to say about the chiefs game that isnt Alex related????
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The fans that want to make a point that getting rid of Alex for Colin was a mistake

Basically

Can only speak for myself, but I want the whole damn thing to go away. I'd be happy never hearing that Alex was ever a 49er. He's a Chief now.. Kaep is the 49er QB, and I am content to move on with the situation as is and appreciate the positives.

Seems the only people that even still talk about the usurpation are the same detractors that are angry over being wrong about Alex the last 2-3 years.

Way past time to let this go.
Originally posted by dj43:
I am going to watch how the first string OL pass protects against KC's first string D. Last time we had no answer for Hali, and now they have Houston on the opposite side bringing heat. Dontari Poe looked very strong at NT against the Saints first and second string OL. He was getting a very good push. Pass protecting the middle of the pocket last year was sometimes a problem. This will be a good chance to test out Kilgore and Looney as well as Goodwin. Also, Bob Sutton, their new DC, loves to bring pressure.

I know you don't learn as much in PS as regular season games but KC's OL is looking very strong with the addition of Eric Fisher at RT. It will be a good test to see how Williams and Dorsey hold up in the middle.

Another match I am looking forward to is to see how Vance McDonald fares against Eric Berry. Berry is one of the best and although he doesn't always cover the TE, he shows up in that area. That will be worth watching.

Another good test will be how well the 49er LBs cover Charles and McCluster. Both of those guys are quick and run good routes out of the backfield. Reid loves to throw to his backs a la Brian Westbrook so will be good to watch.

Yeah, the matchups in the one are gonna be a lot of fun.

I think Bowman has crazy coverage ability on RBs (remember when he shadowed Jahvid Best on a deep wheel route at the sideline? ), and he could be spending time following Jamaal Charles around the field.

I'll be curious to see who covers Bowe and Baldwin... two large WRs... two large CBs in Aso and Rogers.

Really can't wait to see (as u mentioned) Poe vs Kilgore/Goodwin/Snyder. See if any of them can handle the sheer power. Staley and AD will have their hands full with Houston and Hali.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Trade AJ Jenkins to the Chiefs
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM ]
Just alerted that Jamaal Charles was carted off practice field this morning. No details but he's probably out for this game (not that it matters that much). Not good for KC if he misses any real game action.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Just alerted that Jamaal Charles was carted off practice field this morning. No details but he's probably out for this game (not that it matters that much). Not good for KC if he misses any real game action.

Matt Miller ✔ @nfldraftscoutMy
#Chiefs source says they don't think issue with Jamaal Charles is serious, but rather precautionary.

Oh look, another Alex Smith thread.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Oh look, another Alex Smith thread.

Yep. I was disgusted when I saw the KC/SF matchup on the schedule... preseason or not.
"Alex will checkdown or run out of bounds on the first play of the game without looking downfield and 49er fans will throw their hands up in the air in disgust before realizing that they are having a flashback and Alex is playing for the chiefs now."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-49ers/finally-aldon-smith-can-touch-alex-smith

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by defenderDX:
"Alex will checkdown or run out of bounds on the first play of the game without looking downfield and 49er fans will throw their hands up in the air in disgust before realizing that they are having a flashback and Alex is playing for the chiefs now."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-49ers/finally-aldon-smith-can-touch-alex-smith

Share 49ersWebzone