LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I hope our D treats Alex as rudely as any other QB on the schedule.

There supposed to treat him as a nameless, faceless opponant
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_23840439/49ers-greg-roman-alex-smith-nameless-faceless-opponent
I bet Alex has a better series or 2 then Kap will
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I'll bet you're wrong
Originally posted by xtm059:

I'll bet you're wrong

I seriously doubt Alex comes close to Kap vs our defense. Even with Willis out
Originally posted by xtm059:

I'll bet you're wrong

I'll raise you and bet no one gives a squat.

who cares
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who cares

The fans that want to make a point that getting rid of Alex for Colin was a mistake
Originally posted by defenderDX:
and then we started the regular season 0-6.

singletary isn't head coach
Originally posted by ads_2006:
and then we started the regular season 0-6.

singletary isn't head coach

im not making an example of anything.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL I just came in on the Chiefs/Saints game, and they ran a highlight of Alex Smith rolling to the right and throwing the ball away, with a dude wide open 15 yards down field!!!

Classic Alex Smith.

He also had a defensive lineman/LB on a direct line between himself and the potential receiver. The receiver was open but when there is no throwing lane it doesn't matter that he is open. Also, if you go back and look, the NO CB was closing from the outside. The pass would have had to have been made in a split second between the trailing defender and the closing CB. By the time Smith cleared the DL, the CB had closed the window.

Classic Alex Smith. He avoided the sack, and a potential pick, and went to drive his team down and scored a touchdown.

And that's why Kaepernick is the starting QB for the San Francisco 49ers.

Perhaps a pass only CK could make. I don't think there are more than one or two other QBs in the league that have his velocity that would have even attempted that pass.

In any case, the Chiefs went on to score.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL I just came in on the Chiefs/Saints game, and they ran a highlight of Alex Smith rolling to the right and throwing the ball away, with a dude wide open 15 yards down field!!!

Classic Alex Smith.

He also had a defensive lineman/LB on a direct line between himself and the potential receiver. The receiver was open but when there is no throwing lane it doesn't matter that he is open. Also, if you go back and look, the NO CB was closing from the outside. The pass would have had to have been made in a split second between the trailing defender and the closing CB. By the time Smith cleared the DL, the CB had closed the window.

Classic Alex Smith. He avoided the sack, and a potential pick, and went to drive his team down and scored a touchdown.

And that's why Kaepernick is the starting QB for the San Francisco 49ers.

Perhaps a pass only CK could make. I don't think there are more than one or two other QBs in the league that have his velocity that would have even attempted that pass.

In any case, the Chiefs went on to score.

because their right tackle doesn't fail
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

who cares

This
  • dj43
I am going to watch how the first string OL pass protects against KC's first string D. Last time we had no answer for Hali, and now they have Houston on the opposite side bringing heat. Dontari Poe looked very strong at NT against the Saints first and second string OL. He was getting a very good push. Pass protecting the middle of the pocket last year was sometimes a problem. This will be a good chance to test out Kilgore and Looney as well as Goodwin. Also, Bob Sutton, their new DC, loves to bring pressure.

I know you don't learn as much in PS as regular season games but KC's OL is looking very strong with the addition of Eric Fisher at RT. It will be a good test to see how Williams and Dorsey hold up in the middle.

Another match I am looking forward to is to see how Vance McDonald fares against Eric Berry. Berry is one of the best and although he doesn't always cover the TE, he shows up in that area. That will be worth watching.

Another good test will be how well the 49er LBs cover Charles and McCluster. Both of those guys are quick and run good routes out of the backfield. Reid loves to throw to his backs a la Brian Westbrook so will be good to watch.
I'll be at the game with a friend who's a Patriots fan. Excited to see the Niners in person...even for a preseason game.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The fans that want to make a point that getting rid of Alex for Colin was a mistake

Basically
Share 49ersWebzone