LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
this might be a weird question, but did any or you find yourself rooting for Alex last night?

I found myself doing so. On some of the dropped passes, I was like "WHAT THE f**k!?!? CATCH THAT! Alex put it right there for you!!!!" then I had to stop for a second and realize "wait... I'm a Niners fan. You're rooting for the Niners."

hell no...not even one second lol
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
this might be a weird question, but did any or you find yourself rooting for Alex last night?

I found myself doing so. On some of the dropped passes, I was like "WHAT THE f**k!?!? CATCH THAT! Alex put it right there for you!!!!" then I had to stop for a second and realize "wait... I'm a Niners fan. You're rooting for the Niners."

I wanted him to bleed
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
How much you want to bet Alex gets benched mid season.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
ooooh boy those Chief fans are already starting. I personally think they will do well.. Hopefully Alex plays like Alex and doesn't turn the ball over much... Charles breaks some long TD runs here and there, and their defense puts them in good field position like we did for Alex a couple of years back.

but still some Chief fans are starting with the gifs.

Because of your intel, I thought I would just take a peek at what's going down in their forum. Let me just say this, 2 words - NOT GOOD.

The dudes are really laying into him already. Considering is only the 2nd preseason game, it is pretty brutal.

Not that I am a big Alex fan or anything, but seriously he needs to play better plus his O-line too cos otherwise this might not end well for him.

Of course there are several of the more vociferous members of the anti-Alex webzoners that have followed him over to KC and never miss an opportunity to taint the conversation there.

As to the actual game itself; the Chiefs were playing one of the very best defenses in the league, hence, to not roll up a lot of points is no great crime. I am more concerned about the fact that when our 1s were in the game offensively, we did nothing apart from one run by Gore.
Originally posted by jimrat:

I wanted him to bleed

Wishing injury on any player is pretty low.
I wasn't able to catch the game anyone have a link for the entire game or at least the link for Daniels's drive?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

I wanted him to bleed

It was a joke.........relax

I wanted him to bleed

I am relaxed. Jokes are supposed to be funny, btw.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I wasn't able to catch the game anyone have a link for the entire game or at least the link for Daniels's drive?

Game is being replayed on NFL Network right now (started at 10am).
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Game is being replayed on NFL Network right now (started at 10am).

Thanks man, I'll see if I can watch it on atdhe.eu since I don't have NFL net

What about all the blitzing? That was just strange. Fangio really hasn't done that, but I would be very pleased if he started incorporating that approach during the regular season. That was brutal defense. I think he was intent on watching how certain corners would fare in man situations with blitzes up front, but that had to be a bit of a surprise for the Chiefs.

The other takaway from the game for me was that BJ Daniels has a much stronger arm than either McCoy or Tolzien. If Daniels was a little faster, he'd be a dead-on Wilson clone.
Originally posted by dj43:
Of course there are several of the more vociferous members of the anti-Alex webzoners that have followed him over to KC and never miss an opportunity to taint the conversation there.

As to the actual game itself; the Chiefs were playing one of the very best defenses in the league, hence, to not roll up a lot of points is no great crime. I am more concerned about the fact that when our 1s were in the game offensively, we did nothing apart from one run by Gore.

Alex was playing against our 2's and still looked like a deer in the head lights

and our number 1 O had one series with a missed TD attempt to Chad Hall
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I wanted him to bleed

wanting him to bleed is not wishing an injury, you could get a cut lip and bleed that dont mean he would be injured.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
What about all the blitzing? That was just strange. Fangio really hasn't done that, but I would be very pleased if he started incorporating that approach during the regular season. That was brutal defense. I think he was intent on watching how certain corners would fare in man situations with blitzes up front, but that had to be a bit of a surprise for the Chiefs.

The other takaway from the game for me was that BJ Daniels has a much stronger arm than either McCoy or Tolzien. If Daniels was a little faster, he'd be a dead-on Wilson clone.

if we can trust our CBs to be on islands then we can really set up nice blitz packages

I wanted him to bleed

humor is subjective
Share 49ersWebzone