LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What the hell was Okoye doing all the way back by the Safeties??

lol!

Looking for BJ like the rest of us.

uhhhh,....speak for yourself sir.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM ]
Ricardo Lockette, AJ Jenkins, Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams week 1 starters.

Switch Collie for Jenkins and I would down with this. Patton worked in slowly and Rio comes back mid season to round things out.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I'm guaranteeing a win tonight-- not because we're going to gameplan and try to put more points on the board with our scheme and adjustments, but simply by our roster being stacked from top to bottom with our 90 guys. And our players being coached by the best in the game will elevate all position groups to go out and execute better than John Fox's team

umm yeah.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Switch Collie for Jenkins and I would down with this. Patton worked in slowly and Rio comes back mid season to round things out.

Collie is def better than lockette and jenkins.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by FrankGoreHOF:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Protoman:
I didn't get a chance to see Kaepernick's series, but the stats were looking like he's showing signs of a successful dink-and-dunk passing game, which I think is awesome, and the only piece of the puzzle I really saw was missing from the offense after we lost Alex.

If that's the case, top-tier defenses like the Seahawks I think are going to be forced to play way more honestly if they're going to stop plays from the 49ers' offense. :)

Reid was looking solid out there, I was impressed, ditto for Lemonier. McDonald is not looking too bad, but A.J. Jenkins I think is going to need to do something, and he needs to do it FAST, or else I don't see him being on the 49ers' roster for much longer.

Just think Kap did what he did without Gore or Hunter in and of course no Crabtree.

Right, because THIS is the offense we are going to be running in the regular season? Dink and dunk all the way, right? Did you miss it? (all the dinking and dunking)? Harbs and Kaep were out there messing around. Just taking a stroll. A relaxing day at the park. This offense was idling in first gear and drove right through the starting Denver D. The rest of the league better be scared when Gore gets in the lineup. This is no dink and dunk offense. This is the most prolific offense in the league. If you miss three and outs maybe you should get the NFL ticket and watch some KC games.

Alex is sooooooo efficient. Oh, look! he checked it down again for two yards! We are punting, but his completion percentage is 70%

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

well HE did lead his team to a td today
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

We're def keeping 6 WR this year

if marks theory is true, than jenkins has about three weeks left to catch up to osgood, hall and moore, all of whom are ahead of him in my opinion. you really think he can do it?
cc, I don't know, but I would love to be on the practice field and see aj catch balls from Qbs who aren't under mortal attack. What i'd really like is to see Kap throw him some balls. I've seen the reports about aJ snagging balls, but never saw any tape. Incidentally, my list would include Collie also. He was money....behind him, low, or too high, he caught everything. With collie, the concussion thing is a real drawback. Let's hope for no more. As to catching up in 3 weeks, wow, that may be a problem. But remember, not many, if any, of us have been to practice to see the nice catches AJ has made. So a lot of this is based on what we just saw, and cc, you know full well colt and tolz were both under attack. There are still 23 days or something like that to go and a lot of practice can go bye the bye during that time. We'll see...

Incidentally, of the posters I always read, my friend, you are another. It helps to have someone say in the middle of a conversation, "hey, I saw it differently," and frequently you are right. Rarely do I read something you have written that I don't step back and re-evaluate what I thot. Keep it up, hombre. You have really good insight and are not afraid to call a bad coaching exhibition, eg, exactly what it was. We see a lot of things thru the same looking glass. Regarding coaching, notice that Coach made the calls yesterday, and there was NO problem getting them in.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'm keeping an eye on this doot. He was attacking the ball like a safety should. So far, I like what i've seen from him, but he probably won't make the roster.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Showing a replay of the game at 5 pst
people still hating on Brock and they don't know why.... i think cox and brock are locks for the team and the bubble players should be Dahl and Wright. Cox played safery with the broncos and imo he would be a better backup or starter than Dahl. and if we need him he will play db for us.

our secondary should be Rogers, Brown, Reid, Whitner starting with Brock, Namdi, Cox, Spillman (i think he can fill in for SS if we need) and Wright would be not active until he is healthy and some gets injured or Struggles.

Nice summary , Afrikan.
Share 49ersWebzone