LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
KAP is to blame unless he trust you u won't get the ball, I don't care how many people they draft or bring in , they need to package some picks to go get a first round play maker not the 30th pick
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
This team has plenty of talent that is being handcuffed by this coaching staff. The blame right now has to rest on the head coach assistants and the players.

There is difference between having talent and having the right talent. We got rid of 2 of our deep threats and replaced them with 2 possession receivers. Crabtree, Boldin nor Manningham are deep threats. They are good route runners who work the middle of the field. Vernon Davis is our only deep threat, but he's a TE. Quinton Patton is unproven, but his college history suggest he is of the same mold as our other receivers. I know Baalke hoped for AJJ to be the guy, but the fact that he's not, makes me question can he draft a good WR for us. Last year teams had to respect our ability to go deep, that's why we were so successful in the passing game. This year not so much. With no deep threat and the absence of Crabtree, you have the recipe for a mediocre passing attack. I'm not trying to absolve Kap and the coaches, but Baalke's inability to get the right talent has had a trickle down effect on the offense.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
He has done nothing to shore up this offense through the draft since he became GM, especially at the wide receiver position where he has failed miserably. We are one injury away from completely losing our running game because the front office has failed to draft our future back in the last three years...Who is AJ Jenkins, LaMichael James, and now Kap etc...The list goes on and on. Go look at the offensive playmaker personnel drafted since 2011..Name one offensive playmaker that has been drafted since 2011 that has made a significant impact on offense...

Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and Gore are all pre-Balke...There is a bigger problem here people and it reaks from the GM office...We had 14 picks last year? 2012 was a joke...This isn;t a draft war room thread..This thead is made to point a finger at the GM who has made complete shambles of the offense.

Would you have said that after the season last year? Same players, pretty much, with exception of Crabtree, who is coming back. How do you blame that on Balke?
Our roster is packed with talent, but you're right, it's all Baalke's fault for not being able to get anything out of that talent.

NVM the fact that every one of our offensive coaches cept maybe the TE's and RB's coaches all suck at their jobs. Never mind that our OC isn't a true and actual OC.

Our fan base boggles the mind
Two tough losses, I'm upset like everyone. Look at the big picture, we still have a good shot at the playoffs. Baalke has put this team in position to contend for awhile.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
He has done nothing to shore up this offense through the draft since he became GM, especially at the wide receiver position where he has failed miserably. We are one injury away from completely losing our running game because the front office has failed to draft our future back in the last three years...Who is AJ Jenkins, LaMichael James, and now Kap etc...The list goes on and on. Go look at the offensive playmaker personnel drafted since 2011..Name one offensive playmaker that has been drafted since 2011 that has made a significant impact on offense...

Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, and Gore are all pre-Balke...There is a bigger problem here people and it reaks from the GM office...We had 14 picks last year? 2012 was a joke...This isn;t a draft war room thread..This thead is made to point a finger at the GM who has made complete shambles of the offense.

Would you have said that after the season last year? Same players, pretty much, with exception of Crabtree, who is coming back. How do you blame that on Balke?

I am focusing on the draft not free agency....as I said we have not drafted and built for our offensive future..if we have drafted some playmakers we would have at least some depth on offense not look like circus bringing in free agents that don't see the field.
I'd really like to know how receiver was a number 2 need at the time of the draft with a healthy Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin as your starters. Please enlighten me.
My only issue with baalke is the fact he didn't go balls out for Gordon. We have 2 f**king 2nd rd picks and both won't be high ones so why not use one of them on a stud young proven wr?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol

real prob = da Yorks
Originally posted by WINiner:
Our roster is packed with talent, but you're right, it's all Baalke's fault for not being able to get anything out of that talent.

NVM the fact that every one of our offensive coaches cept maybe the TE's and RB's coaches all suck at their jobs. Never mind that our OC isn't a true and actual OC.

Our fan base boggles the mind

LOL, this. BRB, Baalke loads up the roster at talent........it's Baalke's fault because the coaches are too potato to use that talent properly.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
My only issue with baalke is the fact he didn't go balls out for Gordon. We have 2 f**king 2nd rd picks and both won't be high ones so why not use one of them on a stud young proven wr?

Once again, there's no way to tell how serious Cleveland ever was about trading Gordon in the first place. Baseless rumors pop up all over the place, I still believe that Cleveland was looking for a first round pick for Gordon and nobody was willing to give that up so they kept him.
dude, stop making threads. It's the offensive coaches not putting the players in a position to succeed and the players for not executing....
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd really like to know how receiver was a number 2 need at the time of the draft with a healthy Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin as your starters. Please enlighten me.

You talk about starters...Maybe because these guys won't be with the niner's too long and i think having some young WRs on the roster would add depth to this roster..You tell me Mr. Lifelong besides crabtree and boldin, who you had behind them...Kyle WIlliams? Aj Jenkins Yeah that worked out well..
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol

real prob = da Yorks

Is it 2004 again?
You talk about starters...Maybe because these guys won't be with the niner's too long and i think having some young WRs on the roster would add depth to this roster..You tell me Mr. Lifelong besides crabtree and boldin, who you had behind them...Kyle WIlliams? Aj Jenkins Yeah that worked out well..

They drafted Patton who many expected to be a 2nd round pick, should Baalke have predicted his injury as well? How many receivers does a team who barely runs 3 WR sets should have stocked up on? Also, as far as Jenkins goes, find me a GM who has stuck with a team for any length of time and hasn't had a bust? Ozzie Newsome has had plenty of them, whole drafts filled with busts but overall, the good outweighs the bad. Baalke has been golden, I wouldn't take any other GM in the NFL over him, I've found myself becoming less certain about Harbaugh but I still fully trust Baalke to continue to keep this team stocked with talent and competitive well into the future.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone