There are 302 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jed had Harbaugh as his #1 choice before he named Baalke as GM and even got Harbaugh's okay before he offered him the job.

"The source also emphasized that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh remains far and away the team's No. 1 target and has signed off on either Lombardi or Baalke as the GM."

I remember this as well yet still I found it symbolic that Jed vocally made the point that he should hire the GM and the GM should hire the coach. It spoke volumes to me. We all knew Jim was targeted mid season before the Singletary firing BUT Jed knows that the proper hierarchy is owner GM HC
Harbaugh strikes me as a guy that will stick up for his guys but you need a cold and calculating GM in today's salary capped era to make the hard decisions. I don't want any coach to stand in the way of Paraag and his genious ways. We have to let Baalke do his job with input from coach. Its the way it should be. This ain't college. This is about a salary cap right now not some scholarships. We need the pros that understand it on the job and allowed to do it
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Harbaugh strikes me as a guy that will stick up for his guys but you need a cold and calculating GM in today's salary capped era to make the hard decisions. I don't want any coach to stand in the way of Paraag and his genious ways. We have to let Baalke do his job with input from coach. Its the way it should be. This ain't college. This is about a salary cap right now not some scholarships. We need the pros that understand it on the job and allowed to do it

Pretty much agree, though Harbaugh should have SOME say in who stays and who goes. Obviously, they'll force him to make some tough decisions based on the cap parameters, but like Parcells said many years ago, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Pretty much agree, though Harbaugh should have SOME say in who stays and who goes. Obviously, they'll force him to make some tough decisions based on the cap parameters, but like Parcells said many years ago, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."

I agree with you bro. This is why I say Baalke should always seek and value input from coach. It is only right and also it is smart but Baalke must sign on the line at the end of the day or it doesn't count
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I agree with you bro. This is why I say Baalke should always seek and value input from coach. It is only right and also it is smart but Baalke must sign on the line at the end of the day or it doesn't count

Kawakami has been and always will be a little s**t stirrer. The guy is a complete hack, he is one notch below (or i guess it would be above) Cohn.

"Oh Jim publicly stated he wants Dawson back next year? Must be a rift with him and Baalke. Never mind the fact that Dawson has made 22 straight feild goals or whatever it is. No no, it must be a rift."

f**k him
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Kawakami trying to stir the pot once again. lol I don't believe a word he says.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Free Thread

Love her!
Originally posted by Hopper:
Kawakami trying to stir the pot once again. lol I don't believe a word he says.

do we also not believe jim trotter? cuz he reported similar from his sources....i think mike silver might have as well
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/york-harbaughs-never-asked-for-more-personnel-power.html

jed is just wise beyond his years as an executive and front face of the org...what a god send

Making something out of nothing.

Great boobies though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers Jed York defends dynamic between Harbaugh & Baalke while admitting they 'sit down & argue things out' http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/18/york-defends-harbaugh-baalke-dynamic-jim-has-a-lot-of-respect-for-the-job-trent-has-done/
iLL, it's worth a thread, no doubt. I stated this one in the, Who do you want at OC for the Niners-thread as it touches on many of these issues as well:

The first thing that would need to be hashed out is Harbaugh's LT contract and whether he stays or not. What is sounds like is that Harbaugh wants more power. THAT could be a sticking point, BIG TIME. Why? B/c it "seems" that on the surface, Harbaugh himself is married to this college-like Bo Schemblacher philosophy of offense. Like Jimmy Raye, Roman may very well be just executing what his coach wants and Harbaugh's offensive philosophy. Then again, maybe the majority of the issues ARE on Roman's plate and that is why we hired Mangini. That all needs to be hashed out first. If Jed/Baalke/Harbaugh all agree that we should be MUCH more productive (32nd in passing) and that Roman is the major factor in that, then a change is needed and we need to bring in not only a professional OC but one with a philosophy that works in today's game. Equally important in all of this is Harbaugh. Even if he is married to this philosophy, Jed/Baalke may ask Harbaugh to cut ties not only with Roman but also with the philosophy and turn the entire offense over to the new OC and focus on coaching and developing his young QB. This is the same concept with Fangio!

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176194-who-you-want-niners/page2/#0ZEgzzWc8gx0lfI7.99
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers Jed York defends dynamic between Harbaugh & Baalke while admitting they 'sit down & argue things out' http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/18/york-defends-harbaugh-baalke-dynamic-jim-has-a-lot-of-respect-for-the-job-trent-has-done/

Jed York just confirmed Kawakami's story.
Originally posted by susweel:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Jed York just confirmed Kawakami's story.
man we are so dysfunctional...how do other teams get a long so well
Share 49ersWebzone