LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by KegBert:
This, Jim and Trent don't get along, theory will end up in the garbage just like Jim going to Texas. The media's just doing its job, they have to stir the pot to get views, doesn't mean you have to buy into all of it though.

well, the media isn't the one stirring the pot, someone else is stirring the pot by leaking stuff to kawakami, he's just reporting it

this regime has been leak proof for 3yrs..this is the first leak into the inner workings of this regime.

remember when we had dingleberry "there is a rat in the building" hahaha there were so many leaks

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but tell me why I should dive right in and believe Timmy K and this unnamed "source" when TK already has a history of stirring up s**t?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
james is not a good player, if he was then he would playing more.

Sorry man. Total BS. Ask Seattle about Christine Michael. Exact same situation.

michael is a nut job..james is ok. he lacks vision and explosiveness necessary to be successful in tight situations..he's good in the open field. but a lot of players are.

a frustrating part of his punt returning is he alwasy heads towards the sidelines, there are huge openings of grass on cut backs across the field but james never takes them. he doesn't have superior vision

James has not been returning punts for very long.
He had 14 punt returns in college. He has 18 returns this year.

There is a good chance that he will improve as he gets more experience.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The first time GM was hired first specifically to hire the coach. Both went on to win the annual award. The front office built a roster that only needed to get better at QB. Harbaugh fixed that and we took off. The GM had a better roster than the Ravens last year but the coach didn't run the ball from second and five. Now I happen to think both men are indispensable and that personnel evaluators should acquire talent and the coaches should coach and develop the talent. We need both guys

Baalke was hired as GM January 4th and Harbaugh was hired January 7th... So he was hired to conduct a 1-2 day coaching search?

if i re-call at that time, baalke's only goal was to get jim harbaugh

I think we can credit Jed York more then Baalke with that.

why? baalke is the one who sat up for hours talking football w/ harbaugh and got harbaugh to buy in

"Jed talked about his vision," Harbaugh said on the day he was hired, "and that sealed the deal."
This, Jim and Trent don't get along, theory will end up in the garbage just like Jim going to Texas. The media's just doing its job, they have to stir the pot to get views, doesn't mean you have to buy into all of it though.

well, the media isn't the one stirring the pot, someone else is stirring the pot by leaking stuff to kawakami, he's just reporting it

this regime has been leak proof for 3yrs..this is the first leak into the inner workings of this regime.

remember when we had dingleberry "there is a rat in the building" hahaha there were so many leaks

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but tell me why I should dive right in and believe Timmy K and this unnamed "source" when TK already has a history of stirring up s**t?

he's been on point on all his stuff w/ the new regime, i've been paying attention he's definitely tied in w/ some good sources w/ this regime.

maiocco used to be the one breaking all these things under the previous regime

he's been on point on all his stuff w/ the new regime, i've been paying attention he's definitely tied in w/ some good sources w/ this regime.

TK is a hack. He's the new Skip Bayless. He does and says stuff just to get attention. He may have something from time to time but he'll always skew it the way he wants the story told.
If Harbs made all the roster decisions, we'd be in bad shape if you go by all the guys he wanted to bring back (Goldson, Moss, Morgan, etc.)

I hope Harbs next contract doesn't allow him to muck with the roster
Baalke was hired as GM January 4th and Harbaugh was hired January 7th... So he was hired to conduct a 1-2 day coaching search?
Its what Jed said. His belief was that the owner should pick the GM and the GM should pick the coach. This is the structure Jed York was after and I believe it to be the correct one. There is no Jerrah World stuff going on over here. It's the right way to do things. Baalke will know much more about today's prospects than Harbaugh knew about yesterday's. Trent in on the road scouting still while Harbaugh is busy coaching to win. Harbaugh college recruits are playing in the NFL by now and I believe Trent has the better eye on things as of now in the collegiate ranks
TK is a hack. He's the new Skip Bayless. He does and says stuff just to get attention. He may have something from time to time but he'll always skew it the way he wants the story told.

completely wrong but we can agree to disagree...

Tim's reporting on this new regime has been the most on point

also, it wasn't a coincidence that early this season it was Tim who asked harbaugh about an extension at the press conference, he has sources he's the first one who got wind of this

he's been very very tapped in to this regime

I don't think he's a hack. He's a bit of a muckraker, but that's his job. There could very well be some fire behind the smoke, but it's not even close to a signal that they're a dysfunctional management/coaching team. They disagree sometimes. BFD.

What am I missing here? . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't think he's a hack. He's a bit of a muckraker, but that's his job. There could very well be some fire behind the smoke, but it's not even close to a signal that they're a dysfunctional management/coaching team. They disagree sometimes. BFD.

What am I missing here? . . .

agree and tim stated just as much he didn't say there is some big rift

there is a power struggle, harbs wants some more say in personnel, he doesn't like some of the players baalke has picked

I'll be honest I don't read much TK at all. I soured on him back in 2011. When Harbs first became coach he implemented a lot of restrictions on the media access to the team, that where not previously
In place. Us fans loved the idea of being more secretive, the media not so much.

During the height of this I saw TK and Lowell Cohn on CSN Bay Area and they did nothing but talk s**t about Harbs and try to rally the fans against the coaches. It was some of the most juvenile behavior I have ever seen from a member of the media. Haven't gone out of my way to read anything of his since. In conclusion TK is a baby-back b***h and I have no respect for him as a professional, plus I'm partial to Barrows and Cam Inman anyway.
[ Edited by KegBert on Dec 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]

also, it wasn't a coincidence that early this season it was Tim who asked harbaugh about an extension at the press conference, he has sources he's the first one who got wind of this

Yeah...agree to disagree.

TK has his sources so I don't argue that his information is completely wrong....I'm only saying that he scews the information in a direction that gets him the most attention possible. Thats his way.

We can agree to disagree, but I can't stand the guy. Only the Cohens are worse. At least Tim actually has a clue. Same can't be said for the other.
The first time GM was hired first specifically to hire the coach. Both went on to win the annual award. The front office built a roster that only needed to get better at QB. Harbaugh fixed that and we took off. The GM had a better roster than the Ravens last year but the coach didn't run the ball from second and five. Now I happen to think both men are indispensable and that personnel evaluators should acquire talent and the coaches should coach and develop the talent. We need both guys

if i re-call at that time, baalke's only goal was to get jim harbaugh

I think we can credit Jed York more then Baalke with that.

why? baalke is the one who sat up for hours talking football w/ harbaugh and got harbaugh to buy in

See how this is over blown..

Baalke was hired because of his ties with Jim Harbaugh and it is why JH was hired so quickly

I read that here on the zone from a local link when we were going through that coaching debacle.

TK is reaching here

Yeah...agree to disagree.

TK has his sources so I don't argue that his information is completely wrong....I'm only saying that he scews the information in a direction that gets him the most attention possible. Thats his way.

We can agree to disagree, but I can't stand the guy. Only the Cohens are worse. At least Tim actually has a clue. Same can't be said for the other.
JH contract is coming to an end.....hmm lets see how i can stir things up at the this press conference

lets also let everyone think that it's Baalke negotiating the contracts and not Praage/Jed
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Its what Jed said. His belief was that the owner should pick the GM and the GM should pick the coach. This is the structure Jed York was after and I believe it to be the correct one. There is no Jerrah World stuff going on over here. It's the right way to do things. Baalke will know much more about today's prospects than Harbaugh knew about yesterday's. Trent in on the road scouting still while Harbaugh is busy coaching to win. Harbaugh college recruits are playing in the NFL by now and I believe Trent has the better eye on things as of now in the collegiate ranks

Jed had Harbaugh as his #1 choice before he named Baalke as GM and even got Harbaugh's okay before he offered him the job.

"The source also emphasized that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh remains far and away the team's No. 1 target and has signed off on either Lombardi or Baalke as the GM."
Share 49ersWebzone