LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baalke has made mistakes, but he's certainly not "The Problem"
Originally posted by dhp318:
Baalke has made mistakes, but he's certainly not "The Problem"

his first mistake was hiring Jim Harbaugh. this guy has been getting it wrong from the beginning for sure.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Vance MacDonald Showing PROMISE??? What games are you watching??? He hasn't made a catch in 3 games??? And we have the 31st ranked passing game. Patton even before he got hurt couldn't beat out KW for snaps??? Lemon was a good pick that I like, I like the Reid pick as well. The rest are worthless this season. Just sayin

Vance McDonald is our second TE, and he is a rookie.

A TE doesn't get a ton of catches in general.
A second TE gets even fewer.
A rookie player gets even fewer.
Our team throws the ball less than any other team.

It all adds up to a player who has to find a place in this offense. Similar to LMJ, we just don't know what to do with him. He has been a good blocker though, and although that is not sexy, it has helped us.

I think he could replace Bruce Miller in the role that we use for him. A role that Miller had to develop into over several seasons.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Vance MacDonald Showing PROMISE??? What games are you watching??? He hasn't made a catch in 3 games??? And we have the 31st ranked passing game. Patton even before he got hurt couldn't beat out KW for snaps??? Lemon was a good pick that I like, I like the Reid pick as well. The rest are worthless this season. Just sayin

They have been injured. What do you want?

Carradine - Injured
Lattimore - Injured
Dial - Injured
Patton - Injured

And then other players were taken by other teams
Daniels - Taken
Cooper - Taken

I mean, WTF do you want? Would you rather we draft a worse running back over Lattimore to be good right now, even though we have Gore, Hunter etc?
Would you rather we took a worse DE over Carradine, who could play right now, even though our line is playing really well?
Dial was a project to begin with, he's obviously going to have a hard time stepping right in with TJE playing out of his mind. He can't learn nose tackle in two weeks.
Carradine has to learn how to play 3-4 DE in the NFL. Difficult to step onto that job. Fangio doesn't like raw talent, he likes guys who know their job. So he's not throwing a rookie into the fire after only two weeks of practice.
Patton showed damn good promise. You must not have watched the preseason games. Then he got hurt, now he is back, but now we have Crabs and MM back, and we rarely use our third WR anyway.

Every player who has had a chance from the beginning, has been better than expected. Daniels, Cooper, Reid, Lemonier. The rest are poised to help us in the future. That is what good teams do, they take the best players, rather than quick fixes.
Lol when a rookie on another team has a good game all of a sudden, Baalke gets blamed for not drafting him.
Like it or not,if you don't like this team, then blame baalke. However, if you don't like this team then you aren't a 9er fan...baalke didn't draft 'em all, but he sure got a lot of talent we have on display every sunday. Hessian, you are laughing but am not quite sure what for. These guys have won 30 games + in 3 yrs. after never crossing the .500 mark in 8 yrs. Say what you will, I like the talent baalke got us. Aj was a bust, but once they give Baldwin a chance, even the aJ pick will turn out ok.
This made me laugh.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Like it or not,if you don't like this team, then blame baalke. However, if you don't like this team then you aren't a 9er fan...baalke didn't draft 'em all, but he sure got a lot of talent we have on display every sunday. Hessian, you are laughing but am not quite sure what for. These guys have won 30 games + in 3 yrs. after never crossing the .500 mark in 8 yrs. Say what you will, I like the talent baalke got us. Aj was a bust, but once they give Baldwin a chance, even the aJ pick will turn out ok.

Yes, it's hard to consider playoffs and then Super Bowl as a dismal failure...unless you think the coaches are so good that they are being given inferior talent...and that would be ridiculous! When rookies can't break the starting lineup it means one of two things--1) bad draft choices, or 2) veterans are really good. What rookie is going to start on this team unless they are fantastic (Reid).
And for those that don't like baalke's draft, well, dtg just explained it to you. Smile, baalke doubters...baalke has a team that even hot shot draft picks can't start on. Think on that one awhile. Reid..yeah, he is the exception...and he is phenomenal.
ray mcdonald, tarrell brown, delanie walker, dashon goldson. just some good players we drafted in the mid rounds who werent key contributers out of the gate. baalke didnt pick them, but those guys came to s**tty teams and took time. what do you think draftees are going to do on this good team?

I think Baalke is doing a solid job. The 2013 draft has a chance to be a great one. Carradine, Lattimore, Dial and Patton could all be starters someday. Reid is excellent.

The key hold back this season has been Kaep. He is learning on the job, if we don't win a SB this season, that will be the main reason. But his future is super. You can't let last season overlook the fact he is now technically in his second season as a starter, he will get better and better.
[ Edited by sfninerfanMax on Dec 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]
Baalke is the best GM in the NFL.

/thread.
vance and patton has talent....but the team doesn't throw the ball their way...
Id say Iupti and Bruce Miller are monsters
baalke is doing a great job. we are able to draft the way he did this year because of how deep hes made this team.
Share 49ersWebzone