LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
while this garbage talk of mangini as next coach is just that...garbage...there are 2 instances i've noticed in jim harbaugh press conferences which caught my eye these 2 instances could speak to some sort of rift/power struggle within the 9ers org between him and baalke.

i've never heard harbaugh EVER contradict baalke or state something as this

1) eric wright trade..harbaugh said u have to ask baalke about that (as if he wasn't involved in it)..why even give this impression to the media

2) coming out to the media and saying terrell brown needs to be taken care of...(again another rub against baalke's domain) i saw zero upside to harbaugh saying this to the media, he could've just said it to terrell brown himself

those 2 made it very curious. hope its not something that pesters and ruins our chemistry/vibe in bldg

anyone else felt those 2 statements were odd for harbaugh? both related to baalke too
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jesus Christ.
It needs to be football already.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jesus Christ.

what's the issue? its curious statements by harbaugh, goes against what he normally does w/ the media if you've been reading every single one of his press transcripts since his hire
How are they curious statements? You're reading into nothing.
Jim always tells the media to ask Trent about it as he would know more. Trent then some times says ask coach about it. More like they want to just give the media the run around. Anyways, this seems to be on par with the depth chart thread and people willing to put a bullet in their head over it when Harbaugh just said in his news conference that he doesn't put much effort into it and that Bob Lange the PR guy fills it out (I'm assuming for the web site). Now us rational people from the get go realized you that Harbaugh doesn't care about doing a depth chart for the fans and that you shouldn't read too much into it. The one on the web site is probably not even the same as the coaches. They probably wait for a game or two to update it. They don't change it every day or after every update from Maiocco or Barrows. They also don't overreact like the fans do. Anyways, back on topic I think you got it all wrong, neither guy is like that. What gives you the impression that Baalke or Harbaugh care more about power than winning. Harbaugh's whole thing is the team. The guy gives credit to everyone else before taking it for him self and it reflects on the players as they do the same. Trent will probably tell you the same in that the coaches are the ones making this happen more so than him. He brings them in (some times with the help of the coaches) but he would probably say they have to do the work.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
  • thl408
Baalke expended a lot of effort to get Jim in a 49er sweater. Harbaugh has been great for the franchise. The draft shows that Baalke respects Harbaugh. I think everything's good.
Originally posted by xtm059:
How are they curious statements? You're reading into nothing.

he's calculated w/ what he tells the media and they are abnormal statements for harbaugh to give the impression he's not involved in acquiring players or give the media quotes that put the baalke's team in a bad predicament with contract talks w/ brown

its not harbaugh like. was very odd
Originally posted by thl408:
Baalke expended a lot of effort to get Jim in a 49er sweater. Harbaugh has been great for the franchise. The draft shows that Baalke respects Harbaugh. I think everything's good.

This, all day long and into tomorrow
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Jim always tells the media to ask Trent about it as he would know more. Trent then some times says ask coach about it. More like they want to just give the media the run around. Anyways, this seems to be on par with the depth chart thread and people willing to put a bullet in their head over it when Harbaugh just said in his news conference that he doesn't put much effort into it and that Bob Lange the PR guy fills it out (I'm assuming for the web site). Now us rational people from the get go realized you that Harbaugh doesn't care about doing a depth chart for the fans and that you shouldn't read too much into it. The one on the web site is probably not even the same as the coaches. They probably wait for a game or two to update it. They probably don't change it every day or after every update from Maiocco or Barrows. They also don't overreact like the fans do.

i don't re-call jim saying ask trent about it he'd know more ever b4, if so i stand corrected but i read every transcript i can and don't recall this

Originally posted by xtm059:
This, all day long and into tomorrow

i don't question that everything is fine, i just find it curious that harbaugh is needling baalke's business w/ the media, he's never done that
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i don't re-call jim saying ask trent about it he'd know more ever b4, if so i stand corrected but i read every transcript i can and don't recall this

I've watched every interview and I can recall many times him referring the media to ask Trent as he would be able to tell you more about it. Wish I could recall a specific time but I know it's happened before. Players do the same thing they will say go ask the coach as they can better answer the question. I've seen the coaches say you should ask the player as well. The media time is something they have to do; if they didn't nobody would do it. They don't care about it because it's a waste of their time. They duck answers all the time and probably don't expect the media to go ask the other person if that's what they said resulting in the question likely being forgot about. And I edited my first post and added this:

Anyways, back on topic I think you got it all wrong, neither guy is like that. What gives you the impression that Baalke or Harbaugh care more about power than winning? Harbaugh's whole thing is the team the team the team. The guy gives credit to everyone else before taking it for him self and it reflects on the players as they do the same. Trent will probably tell you the same in that the coaches are the ones making this happen more so than him. He brings them in (some times with the help of the coaches) but he would probably say they have to do the work.

Edit: And Baalke stays out of the picture. The guy rarely talks to the media and when he does you can tell the whole time he doesn't want to be doing it. He isn't out there gloating like yeah look at the team I put together, this is my team. Doesn't seem power hungry at all, quite the opposite in my opinion. I can see this happening with bad organizations or bad teams and think it has recently. I thought it just came out about a GM and HC and their rift with each other. Just don't see it happening with an organization with a front office and staff like ours.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jesus Christ.

Blood on the leaves
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I've watched every interview and I can recall many times him referring the media to ask Trent as he would be able to tell you more about it. Wish I could recall a specific time but I know it's happened before. Players do the same thing they will say go ask the coach as they can better answer the question. I've seen the coaches say you should ask the player as well. The media time is something they have to do; if they didn't nobody would do it. They don't care about it because it's a waste of their time. They duck answers all the time and probably don't expect the media to go ask the other person if that's what they said resulting in the question likely being forgot about. And I edited my first post and added this:

Anyways, back on topic I think you got it all wrong, neither guy is like that. What gives you the impression that Baalke or Harbaugh care more about power than winning? Harbaugh's whole thing is the team the team the team. The guy gives credit to everyone else before taking it for him self and it reflects on the players as they do the same. Trent will probably tell you the same in that the coaches are the ones making this happen more so than him. He brings them in (some times with the help of the coaches) but he would probably say they have to do the work.

Edit: And Baalke stays out of the picture. The guy rarely talks to the media and when he does you can tell the whole time he doesn't want to be doing it. He isn't out there gloating like yeah look at the team I put together, this is my team. Doesn't seem power hungry at all, quite the opposite in my opinion. I can see this happening with bad organizations or bad teams and think it has recently. I thought it just came out about a GM and HC and their rift with each other. Just don't see it happening with an organization with a front office and staff like ours.

agree baalke is out of picture but he was forced into picture when jim said u gotta talk to trent..they had to trot trent out over the eric wright issue
Share 49ersWebzone