LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Best CB on the team bar none, if he can take the freak'n field.

T Brown might disagree with you...

T Brown got 2 mil says he's better than Wright.

... no wait, he doesn't

Lowell Cohn will not be happy with the cut

Did you say Bar None? Boy, does that bring back memories of a certain 49er fullback....
Originally posted by loxdoggie:

Did you say Bar None? Boy, does that bring back memories of a certain 49er fullback....

nice work...hopefully he pans out!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh hard to get excited about a player who can't pass physical and has off field problems. probably won't make team
Originally posted by ltrain:
nice work...hopefully he pans out!

nice post, hopefully you pan out
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers take last opportunity sign CB Eric Wright and put him on non-football injury. They released undrafted rookie Lowell Rose.

hmm I thought he was doing great...

Likely will catch on with another team I'm sure, with our recommendation. He'll get a better opportunity elsewhere.
Dang they must reeeally like this guy, for him to fail a physical twice, and still get signed, says something.
Originally posted by loxdoggie:

Exactly who I was thinking of

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers take last opportunity sign CB Eric Wright and put him on non-football injury. They released undrafted rookie Lowell Rose.

hmm I thought he was doing great...

Name sounded too much like Cohn the elder
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Pro Football Focus, a site that grades every player on every play, wasn't as impressed with Wright's 2011 season.

He graded out as the 105th best cornerback, mostly because he allowed a whopping 79 catches for 879 yards and five scores last season and tallied eight penalties and 14 missed tackles. Opposing quarterbacks had a 84.1 passer rating throwing his way in 2011.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1104108-eric-wright-signs-with-tampa-bay-buccaneers-deal-analysis-and-grade
Pro Football Focus, a site that grades every player on every play, wasn't as impressed with Wright's 2011 season.

He graded out as the 105th best cornerback, mostly because he allowed a whopping 79 catches for 879 yards and five scores last season and tallied eight penalties and 14 missed tackles. Opposing quarterbacks had a 84.1 passer rating throwing his way in 2011.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1104108-eric-wright-signs-with-tampa-bay-buccaneers-deal-analysis-and-grade

Stats are for losers
Stats are for losers

How do you grade a cornerback? I would happen to think things like catches and yards against, penalties, and missed tackles are pretty important for a CB.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Stats are for losers

How do you grade a cornerback? I would happen to think things like catches and yards against, penalties, and missed tackles are pretty important for a CB.

While this is true, if a CB blankets a receiver and forces the QB to go in a different direction, no stat is obtained.
Share 49ersWebzone