There are 158 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this thread no longer serves any purpose in my opinion but what the hell, neither do i
I can't blame him at all. He hopefully has saved up a few million to live on.

He knew it was an uphill battle getting any playing time on our roster. He was kind of falling off the map and probably made most of his money early in his career, so being a backup / journeyman type of player doesn't sound too appealing when you are a vet who had previously been a starter.

Work like crazy every day, for the next 5 years, to make a few million more, and not even see the field? Seems like an easy decision.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jun 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by WINiner:
What exactly in the last 3 seasons has given you reason to question what the Niners are doing in the backfield? Put your trust in The Don.

Our lack of experienced proven depth at cornerback this offseason is the answer to your question. Our coaching staff is not necessarily involved in this issue

Absolutely they are because it is that coaching staff and their level of comfort with the guys we have right now that has us at this deficit you claim exists at the position. Just because you see it as a lack of depth doesn't mean the coaches agree. This staff specifically, has proven they know what they are about when it comes to developing DB's.

I'd have a bit more faith.
I express concern for lack of experienced proven depth. Iowa is right. shouldn't this thread be moved to NFL talk ?
Share 49ersWebzone