There are 177 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
could be a day off.

it is a day off, but you know how this team is..they are in and lifting and getting their REHAB work in

since u portend he's injured, no rehab for this clown i guess

he's not a 9er..he lacks that "it" that a lot of players on this team have
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by iLL49er:
could be a day off.

it is a day off, but you know how this team is..they are in and lifting and getting their REHAB work in

since u portend he's injured, no rehab for this clown i guess

he's not a 9er..he lacks that "it" that a lot of players on this team have

i don't "potend" s**t. it was widely reported he tweaked his hammy midweek. stop acting like he didn't. he obviously did something to you or your family because of all the venom you spit against him. it makes you seem bitter about something. you don't know anything more than any of us about him or his relationship with the team. you're full of assumptions. and you know what they say when you assume...
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
the new question is...

why the hell is Wright chilling in LA?

Thats the Ritz Carlton he's staying at which is right across from Staples.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
This is my guess. Wright was limited with the hammy and didn't get in the practice time the coaches wanted. Cox came in and had a great week of practice. Coaches decided Wright's lack of time practicing due to an injury, plus field and weather conditions, plus Cox's good week of practice in full, equaled Cox getting the start. I think it's more of a sign that Cox had a great week of practice than Wright f**king up, but what do I know. I won't pretend to have all the answers like some here do.

this
lol jumping to conclusions is fun lol
Why the hell is he in LA? Even if it is a day off, why would be not be in the Bay Area? I guess he didnt even travel to GB with the team.

I was really excited to see him contribute.
LA is only an hour flight from the Bay. It's not a big deal.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
LA is only an hour flight from the Bay. It's not a big deal.

30-40 min actual air time
Originally posted by iLL49er:
but you don't even consider many of the possible reasons like the field conditions. you just fly off the cuff claiming demotion like he's been playing poorly. which is not the case whatsoever.

dude, again, maiocco reported coaches didn't have confidence in him

i'm sorry if a beat writer who reports facts and not assumptions isn't enough for you
Both Matts are not afraid or would beat around the bush to not say Wright was demoted.
Originally posted by xela510:
Why the hell is he in LA? Even if it is a day off, why would be not be in the Bay Area? I guess he didnt even travel to GB with the team.

I was really excited to see him contribute.

He was definitely there. What the hell does it matter where he's at on his day off? Some people...

Anyways I'm thinking it was more of a game time decision. Probably wanted to see how he would do in the cold with that bad hammy.

Besides, if it's true that Cox out played him then so be it. Hot hand wins. As nice a story it is that Wright gets to play for his hometown team, the niners don't owe him anything. It's not like we broke the bank for him. I'm sure the strained hamstring had a lot to do with Cox out playing him. In the little play time wright has had, he's looked pretty well.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Jan 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]

Originally posted by VDSF:
Thats the Ritz Carlton he's staying at which is right across from Staples.

No, that's not a view from the Ritz Carlton. Wright is staying east of Staples Center. The picture you see in his Facebook shows the Figueroa Street entrance to Staples Center with the Convention Center to the South of Staples.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

WOOO he's a good doot. Time for him to ball
Originally posted by AmpLee:

What a giant piece of s**t. Signing this f**king tool was such a mistake. I just knew we would f**k up again. Oh wait, did you say he was seeing his wife and kid in a day off? Never mind, then.

"tie sum loose ends" is open for discussion though. Blast away.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
so this dude lost his job to cox ?
Share 49ersWebzone