LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea this is pretty interesting. Seems like Wright was benched for Cox rather than Wright not being healthy. Just can't see the coach not simply saying Wright was injured if that was truely the case. Wright getting benched for Cox isn't a good sigg going forward with Wright next year.

THIS...seems there are a lot of clueless fans not following the team replying to this thread currently

harbaugh CLEARLY said in the post game that wright was healthy and cox played over him and then said he's not going to talk about any nickle back controversies
Common Man!

JH NEVER, EVER tells it like it is when it comes to the players.

Get F---IN' real, Michael Crabtree better catcher than Jerry Rice!!!!!!

JH is our coach and I'm overjoyed to have him BUT he never is truthful when it comes to the players.

He protects them from the media [thank God] and won't let any controversies effect the team.

AND I'm glad he does.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Yea this is pretty interesting. Seems like Wright was benched for Cox rather than Wright not being healthy. Just can't see the coach not simply saying Wright was injured if that was truely the case. Wright getting benched for Cox isn't a good sigg going forward with Wright next year.

THIS...seems there are a lot of clueless fans not following the team replying to this thread currently

harbaugh CLEARLY said in the post game that wright was healthy and cox played over him and then said he's not going to talk about any nickle back controversies

iLL, couple of things....

one...please refrain from calling any posters stupid or clueless. these are close to personal attacks. no need to be childish in your responses.

two...when have you EVER seen or heard Harbaugh be truthful with the status of a players health. you keep this kind of thing close to the vest. you want the other team to believe players will play. it's obvious Wright was suffering from something. playing in those temps would have risked further injury.

again...if you can't respond like an adult, take a deep breath, go outside and play for awhile. then comeback and try again. thanks.
i'll laugh when its reported wright was demoted behind cox

order of events:

monday presser "wright will replace rogers"

wed "we'll let them practice, and usually in practice you can see who wants it and who doesn't"

fri "it'll be a split between cox and wright"

sunday game: cox plays all the snaps

sunday post game "wasn't due to any injury to wright, no limitations there..i'd like to not talk about any nickleback controversies"
Originally posted by AmpLee:
i'll laugh when its reported wright was demoted behind cox

order of events:

monday presser "wright will replace rogers"

wed "we'll let them practice, and usually in practice you can see who wants it and who doesn't"
THURSDAY WRIGHT SAT OUT OF PRACTICE WITH A HAMSTRING INJURY

fri "it'll be a split between cox and wright"

sunday game: cox plays all the snaps

sunday post game "wasn't due to any injury to wright, no limitations there..i'd like to not talk about any nickleback controversies"

ftfy

harbaugh would've said its injury related when asked...he would've protected wright to the media if that was the case in the post game yesterday

he didn't, he clearly said not injury related
You live in a world of assumptions. So you assume to know Harbaugh's motivations? Good for you. I'll reserve judgment because it's the sensible thing to do. This is just an example of a drama-queen post of yours.

world of assumptions? i've been reading harbaugh pressers for 3yrs, its clear when he doesn't protect a player to the media its w/ intention

you might want to understand how the coach speaks to the media better...he says a lot by how he words things

i also said b4 the season there is some tension between harbaugh and baalke from the words harbaugh was saying to the press and of course it got reported in due time that there was some tension
and i'm curious, what other "drama queen" posts are you referring to? LOL, i barely post on here over 10yrs
Wright is fine. Cox has been in our system longer and had experience against Rodgers and the Packers. They made the correct call.
and i'm curious, what other "drama queen" posts are you referring to? LOL, i barely post on here over 10yrs

I don't care to specifically recall. In my head, when I read your name, I think, "drama queen".

in my head when i see your post i think, wow this guy has no life...see his name in every thread

Check it out...Hamstring Injury Thursday..probably could have played..would it be worth the risk to play one of your guys or play a for sure healthy waiver wire Cox ?

And he was referering to your other Kawakami and Stadium, 4th CB, etc ..whining drama posts

Cox has surpassed him
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Wright was held out of the game because of the field conditions and temperatures. hamstrings and subfreezing temps are a bad combination.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

I don't care to specifically recall. In my head, when I read your name, I think, "drama queen".

in my head when i see your post i think, wow this guy has no life...see his name in every thread

you both need to stop with the personal stuff NOW. a one week timeout would suck this time of year.
Originally posted by boast:

one...please refrain from calling any posters stupid or clueless. these are close to personal attacks. no need to be childish in your responses.

two...when have you EVER seen or heard Harbaugh be truthful with the status of a players health. you keep this kind of thing close to the vest. you want the other team to believe players will play. it's obvious Wright was suffering from something. playing in those temps would have risked further injury.

again...if you can't respond like an adult, take a deep breath, go outside and play for awhile. then comeback and try again. thanks.

Agree that Harbaugh just says things that i'm not sure he thought about beforehand, but I believe him on this one. If he was hurt i simply believe he would have just said Cox played b/c Wright was still hurt. Nothing really to hide we all know he has a hanstring injury. No team in the league goes into preparation worrying bout Eric Wright or Cox. Not sure what's the point of lying in this case, but it is possible.
Originally posted by boast:

Agree that Harbaugh just says things that i'm not sure he thought about beforehand, but I believe him on this one. If he was hurt i simply believe he would have just said Cox played b/c Wright was still hurt. Nothing really to hide we all know he has a hanstring injury. No team in the league goes into preparation worrying bout Eric Wright or Cox. Not sure what's the point of lying in this case, but it is possible.

Wright is the better talent. Harbaugh wants to show respect for Cox, especially after being back for less than a week. Cox is a nice player, still on the young side. No need to say he was a stop gap. Nice to have him as depth. Wright on the other hand has to be held in check. I think Harbaugh knows exactly what he is saying.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone