LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Aso wasn't bad in coverage, but I think they scrapped him because he couldn't tackle a girl scout if he had to. Our D HAS to make tackles or it's not effective. Aso was not very good in run support or taking down a ball carrier.
Mort just reported just now that Aso will be released for Wright's return.
I think Brock did such a good job in replacement of Nnamdi, they probably feel they can release Nnamdi and still take a chance on Wright.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Brock did such a good job in replacement of Nnamdi, they probably feel they can release Nnamdi and still take a chance on Wright.

that's all that happened. nnamdi got hurt and then brock came in and made so many big impact plays immediately it was hard to take him out.
If Nnamdi could cover like he did when he was a Raider, his lack of tackling skills would be overlooked. But he isn't that guy anymore so we did the right thing and let him go. He could start (sad to say) for most teams in the NFL right now. I hope he goes to Seattle, I know for sure we would have someone we could beat in man 2 man coverage then.
Does anybody knows how good this guy is? Is he worth Nhamdi's spot? I'm asking because I really don't know about this guy, not trying to down him or anything.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If Nnamdi could cover like he did when he was a Raider, his lack of tackling skills would be overlooked. But he isn't that guy anymore so we did the right thing and let him go. He could start (sad to say) for most teams in the NFL right now. I hope he goes to Seattle, I know for sure we would have someone we could beat in man 2 man coverage then.

i hope he goes to the raiders they clearly need help. anyone in the afc.

i also hope that eric wright is in great form. the secondary is about to get a huge boost because of tank and aldon coming back so they won't even be required to cover as long as they have been the past 5 games.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Does anybody knows how good this guy is? Is he worth Nhamdi's spot? I'm asking because I really don't know about this guy, not trying to down him or anything.

we don't know. he's younger and that's about it as far as what we can look to. we have to see him in action
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

we don't know. he's younger and that's about it as far as what we can look to. we have to see him in action
In his 4 years in Cleavland and 1 in Detroit he only missed 5 games and Had 13 interceptions. He also averaged 65 tackles per season and 4.3 per game along with 3 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. last year he only played in 10 games for the bucs with all his issues and it was the bucs so kinda a wash.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
In his 4 years in Cleavland and 1 in Detroit he only missed 5 games and Had 13 interceptions. He also averaged 65 tackles per season and 4.3 per game along with 3 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. last year he only played in 10 games for the bucs with all his issues and it was the bucs so kinda a wash.

with us i don't even know what he's going to be asked to do. our top 3 are set right? i guess when we play the saints and teams like that he'll get plenty of action. i just hope that he's good for it and i hope that the line turns up the pressure stuffs the run and sacks the qb so our db's can improve on their play. pressure causes turnovers, so far the db's have been getting them just off of superior technique and great knowledge from watching film and knowing what the other team is trying to do

Hope he can come in & contribute to the defense without missing a beat. His return only helps make us a stronger & healthier team.
Wright could be a homerun for us if he has moved on from his past. He is effective on the outside or the slot. I feel pretty good about this guy. He will take Rogers' place next year and will be an upgrade by then.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

CB Eric Wright (@EWrighteous21) is now active and looking forward to playing at Candlestick, a "dream come true." http://49rs.me/1b68Phy
Originally posted by Jcool:
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

CB Eric Wright (@EWrighteous21) is now active and looking forward to playing at Candlestick, a "dream come true." http://49rs.me/1b68Phy

So far this dude is saying and doing all the right things, hope he can become a solid addition to the secondary.
Well he is an upgrade over aso.
Share 49ersWebzone