There are 295 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
really though,, how can it get worse,, instead we activate some guy off the practice squad,, JH always runs his mouth about having the best players out there,,, are you telling me that this joe joe the monkey boy we activated off the practice squad is better than wright at corner. i just , i just,,, jesus

I agree cc, but I believe Wright can't be activated till week 7.
sorry, sorry, did not know that. would not be the first time i spoke out of emotion before i had my facts. just am trying to figure out something

Shoot, I do that all the time, its just the love for the team.

But I have no doubt that if Eric Wright was able to play from week 1 he'd be in there, but like you I still don't know why he's unable to play. I didn't get the memo.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
really though,, how can it get worse,, instead we activate some guy off the practice squad,, JH always runs his mouth about having the best players out there,,, are you telling me that this joe joe the monkey boy we activated off the practice squad is better than wright at corner. i just , i just,,, jesus

I agree cc, but I believe Wright can't be activated till week 7.
sorry, sorry, did not know that. would not be the first time i spoke out of emotion before i had my facts. just am trying to figure out something

Shoot, I do that all the time, its just the love for the team.

But I have no doubt that if Eric Wright was able to play from week 1 he'd be in there, but like you I still don't know why he's unable to play. I didn't get the memo.
that is a mystery,, is he even at team headquarters.
I believe he is in Rehab....same as Aldon Smith, which has me worried because if so that means Aldon will be lost for the Majority of the season....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
I believe he is in Rehab....same as Aldon Smith, which has me worried because if so that means Aldon will be lost for the Majority of the season....

maybe they are roommates. at least we know, to a certain extent, what is going on with aldon. Now I may just be out of the loop but the whole thing with wright has just been shrouded in mystery,

I bet you that's it.

"We are pleased to welcome Eric to the 49ers organization and look forward to his contributions," Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "Eric is currently tending to a personal matter and he will join the team as soon as possible."

Tending to personal matters = rehab
Originally posted by eonblue:
I bet you that's it.

"We are pleased to welcome Eric to the 49ers organization and look forward to his contributions," Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "Eric is currently tending to a personal matter and he will join the team as soon as possible."

LOL, 49ers are becoming the official outpatient care for the Betty Ford Clinic. :p
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Talking about running the mouth.

If Harbaugh tries to play Eric Wright, the league is going to send a shrink to SF to talk to him.

Eric Wright is on one of the lists that prevent him from playing until week 6. Well, I am pretty sure it is week six, but he sure as ell can not play against the Rams.
i said i was sorry and i did not have my facts,, you ever make a mistake buck?

Yeah. I make them all the time.

When I make I mistake and grossly insult someone at the same time, my friends jump up and down on me and yell think, think, before you speak.
  • buck
  • Veteran
maybe they are roommates. at least we know, to a certain extent, what is going on with aldon. Now I may just be out of the loop but the whole thing with wright has just been shrouded in mystery,

Privacy = The mystery

He has been busted twice for DUI in approximately the last two years.

I will guess or speculation that he did went through a rehab process as part of joining the team.

The team seems willing to give players with off the field (or head) problems a second chance.

If we look at the situations of Cox, Baldwin, and Eric Wright (Aldon Smith, perhaps) it seems that the team incorporates them into the team slowly.

I am willing to bet a dime on a dollar that the team has been up front (with the players, not the media) in its dealing with Cox, Baldwin, and Wright.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]

Privacy = The mystery

He has been busted twice for DUI in approximately the last two years.

I will guess or speculation that he did went through a rehab process as part of joining the team.

The team seems willing to give players with off the field (or head) problems a second chance.

If we look at the situations of Cox, Baldwin, and Eric Wright (Aldon Smith, perhaps) it seems that the team incorporates them into the team slowly.

I am willing to bet a dime on a dollar that the team has been up front (with the players, not the media) in its dealing with Cox, Baldwin, and Wright.

This is part of our redemption story narrative that will later in the year influence ratings and play on the sympathies of the officials and the media in getting the Jerome Boger treatment come playoff time
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is part of our redemption story narrative that will later in the year influence ratings and play on the sympathies of the officials and the media in getting the Jerome Boger treatment come playoff time

I know who Jerome Boger is, but I do not understand the point you are making.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I know who Jerome Boger is, but I do not understand the point you are making.

The NFL influences the outcome of playoff games so they can have their feel good story of the year (Ray Lewis, Jerome Bettis, 2001 Patriots, 2009 Saints).

Aldon's comeback from rehab will be the story of our SB run. Book it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The NFL influences the outcome of playoff games so they can have their feel good story of the year (Ray Lewis, Jerome Bettis, 2001 Patriots, 2009 Saints).

Aldon's comeback from rehab will be the story of our SB run. Book it.

Thank you, the idea seems clearer, well at least a bit less cloudy .

I bet you that's it.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

I bet you that's it.

It would have to be an outpatient program since he has been practicing with the team for quiet some time now.
Eric Wright has been practicing on the side or adjoining field for a little while now. All the beat writers tweeted when he officially "joined" the team. Im hopeful he can come in and be a number 3 hell maybe even a number 2. Unfortunately in the NFL if a guy is getting paid like Carlos Rogers they play him. If Wright is playing better, and all the hate on Nambi has been a little unwarranted IMO. He has not been that bad. PI call on him was BOGUS by the way. Anyway if Nnamdi can still play decent on bigger WR's i would love in my dream scenario where everyone plays to their potential and fits our scheme well to see

Brown
Wright
Nnamdi

No particular order although Brown probably stays #1 and he probably is our best corner. He was starting to try and play aggressive like SEA DB's as the coaches probably said "let it rip, if other teams are going to do it" But they flagged him. Those were deserved penalties but nothing more than we get everytime in the Northwest but whatever, I think if we start to establish our corners as physical players and do that stuff every down like SEA. they cant call it all the time, as someone said refs have to keep the speed of the game somewhat reasonable. I would love if everyone could cover like Revis in his prime, but playing physical is alright with me if they can be smart with it, but do it when they are shielded from the refs.

Oh and another tangent, one tactic i saw SEA DB's using that we should try is when one of our receivers would be just a bit out front of them they would almost like tangle their feet , in a weird way where they werent getting tripped or anything, and it wasn't on full speed routes, it would be on like shallow crossings etc. But it would slow up the player and keep them lock step with the DB
[ Edited by jcashen87 on Sep 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone