LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 448 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
The guy was on top of Looney, then Looney flipped him off. Play on words, bro.

I got it ... I was explaining that to Pill.
  • thl408
Gotcha, blues.

Looney definitely has a mean streak. During the Rams game when he filled in at RG, there were a number of plays where he blocked till just past the whistle, even when the play was going away from him. The Rams defenders were quick to show their displeasure. Nice trait to have in an interior linemen as mentioned by previous posters.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by thl408:
FG unit. Looney flips a player off.

So manziel gets fined and Looney doesn't?

Watch carefully, once he knows that he made a bad move, he panics... instead of throwing his hands in front of him to go with the flip, he tries to grab (with left hand) onto Looney's junk from behind.

It almost looks like he tried to flip the bird inside Looney's hole, but the tight pants was protecting him

I don't know what's with other players touching 49er player's junk ( Shaun Smith on Anthony Davis / TJ McDonlad on VD / this Bucc #97 on Looney ). What else?! Who is next?! Damn pervs

Watch out for when we play Rams (if MS makes the team) just sayin
Originally posted by LVJay:
Watch carefully, once he knows that he made a bad move, he panics... instead of throwing his hands in front of him to go with the flip, he tries to grab (with left hand) onto Looney's junk from behind.

It almost looks like he tried to flip the bird inside Looney's hole, but the tight pants was protecting him

I don't know what's with other players touching 49er player's junk ( Shaun Smith on Anthony Davis / TJ McDonlad on VD / this Bucc #97 on Looney ). What else?! Who is next?! Damn pervs

Good eye. Looney was actually pretty tame considering the fact had 2 fingers inside him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Good eye. Looney was actually pretty tame considering the fact had 2 fingers inside him.

LOL!!!

First the jerk tries the full grip, then he tries the tap before he goes for the land... at first I thought he panicked, but now I'm thinking that his mind works quick when going for the junk or hole... #97 is all about that action (screw that, man, I'm gonna get mines when I can, errrytime)
So what's Looney's status on the depth chart? He looked good this preseason (dare I say much better than Iupati and Kilgore?) and it would seem dumb not to start him week one. Does he start at center? Does Boone start on the bench or perhaps play RT until Davis is 100%?
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Aug 31, 2014 at 10:53 AM ]
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
So what's Looney's status on the depth chart? He looked good this preseason (dare I say much better than Iupati and Kilgore?) and it would seem dumb not to start him week one. Does he start at center? Does Boone start on the bench or perhaps play RT until Davis is 100%?

This is the million dollar question right here.
I want this guy as our Center with Boone to his right. Kilgore seems to me to be the weak link on the offensive line.

With that said, I can't wait until marcus Martin comes back! Our line will be deadly!!

Next year looney will have his shot and take over full time for iupati!
Originally posted by rammer:
In a battle with Brandon Thomas!
The game experience has been super for Looney.

His improvement will make us better and if Kilgore slips, Looney steps in.

If Iupati slips same story.

Originally posted by rammer:
I want this guy as our Center with Boone to his right. Kilgore seems to me to be the weak link on the offensive line.

With that said, I can't wait until marcus Martin comes back! Our line will be deadly!!

I never heard of Joe Looney getting in any work at C. With that said, I think he's earned at starting position on this line, even with Boone returning. It would be great if he could play center.
Originally posted by theduke85:

Looney's our future center Brah...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Aug 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by theduke85:

Looney's our future center Brah...

Errrr... Marcus Martin taking that spot. Looney & Thomas probably starting guards in 2016(possibly 2015) once Iupati & Boone have played out their deals.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Looney really worked his butt off this summer. I feel bad for him.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looney really worked his butt off this summer. I feel bad for him.

Me too...and he adds a skill set Boone doesn't possess very well...the ability not only to pull but pull very effectively while blocking out in space on the run. Now we're back to 99% of pulls from Iupati. Just follow the "move man" defense.
Share 49ersWebzone