There are 295 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looney was a nasty guard in college ...he needs to get situated and have his confidence level up before we hit the field next week
We'll see how Looney & Kilgore do.

I do trust the coaches.

Next week is the acid test.
Any idea if Iupati will be back this week?
Heard on knbr this morning that lupati told Jesse sapolu he needed a few more weeks while they were taking on the sidelines
  • dj43
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Cant hold their block for one second. Their leverage is awful. Snyder got spun 180degrees around by Brockers for a front row seat to watch him sack Kaep. It was actually pretty impressive he made him do that.

That play clearly looked as if Snyder was turning out to help Boone on the outside and Goodwin was supposed to take Brockers. There was no pressure on Snyder to force him to turn out. Now, it may be that Snyder interpreted the protection call incorrectly but he was not beaten physically on that play.
I thought the patchwork o-line performed pretty well in this game. The Rams are a lot of things bad but their defensive line is pretty good. Seattle's front is better but not by as big a margin as some believe.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
I'm surprised with the hate on Looney and Snyder. After Staley went down and we had to rotate the o line, I was actually expecting a lot worse. Initially, they had their struggles but I thought the o line settled down and played well. Remember, this Rams D Line is sick. They get overlooked by the media but they are raw.

We didn't really open up too many holes in the run game, but that was also because STL was keying in on the run. We pass blocked well in the 2nd half especially. But, I have to be honest, I'm really worried if Looney has to play next week. Hopefully Iupati is back, but who knows.

Props to Boone for manning the left tackle spot. Very impressive.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm surprised with the hate on Looney and Snyder. After Staley went down and we had to rotate the o line, I was actually expecting a lot worse. Initially, they had their struggles but I thought the o line settled down and played well. Remember, this Rams D Line is sick. They get overlooked by the media but they are raw.

We didn't really open up too many holes in the run game, but that was also because STL was keying in on the run. We pass blocked well in the 2nd half especially. But, I have to be honest, I'm really worried if Looney has to play next week. Hopefully Iupati is back, but who knows.

Kap's superior athletic skills bailed them out several times.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Kap's superior athletic skills bailed them out several times.

Lol. Kap did great, but I don't remember him doing anything too crazy to escape pressure. Sure he rolled out of the pocket a few times, but all QBs do that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
umm pass blocking and run blocking

Not how he sat on the bench? Drank his Gatorade? Hmm...I had other issues...

lol

Dont like this guy

Have a bad feeling he's going to f**k something up if we let him play
Hope this guy steps up to the plate this Sunday. He needs to hold his ground against Seattle's DL, so as Snyder.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Hope this guy steps up to the plate this Sunday. He needs to hold his ground against Seattle's DL, so as Snyder.

it only adds to the pressure that he is from the 2012 draft.
I think the Rams d line is way better than the hawks. I'm scurred of Michael Bennett and some of their heavies but on the outside they're pretty lanky so I don't think they will pressure us as much with power but with their speed which I believe we can counter with our run game.
Originally posted by rammer:
I think the Rams d line is way better than the hawks. I'm scurred of Michael Bennett and some of their heavies but on the outside they're pretty lanky so I don't think they will pressure us as much with power but with their speed which I believe we can counter with our run game.

I don't know about way better. Hawks D-Line is pretty damn solid.

Loons needs to bring his A game no doubt. That's the one spot that scares me Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone