LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Every year there are guys impressing the pundits, but then fail to make the team. WR is the most deceiving position in this regard because of the limited hitting and because practice always favors knowing the playbook over talent.

Was listening to comments about Ben Roethlisberger, who was complaining he had to learn new terminology last year and it affected his play...and that's a QB who has been starting and winning for years! So when it all shakes out I believe your list will be pretty much on the mark...but Hall, Moore and Lockette have to hope they don't get dinged up or they will be gone. Patton and Jenkins are locks unless they are arrested for a felony.

I agree didnt we have two last year that were quite impressive during the preseason, then they went on to less then impressive seasons in Tampa Bay and Indy.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am sorry, just for the record, I have never ever sung any praises on Jenkins. But, that's just me.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so far the word is that Jenkins has been "less than stellar" in camp. It's early and only his second year, but for a 1st round pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. The team could decide to cut their losses if he continues his ill play. I heard that he has yet to even catch a pass in camp. What's up with that?

Is this Grant Cone? You're about as accurate as he is...
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I agree didnt we have two last year that were quite impressive during the preseason, then they went on to less then impressive seasons in Tampa Bay and Indy.

I'm trying to forget all WRs who have played and gone...LOL!
I'm trying to forget all WRs who have played and gone...LOL!

Sorry.
Sorry.

That's OK...I forget again very easily! What were we talking about?
That's OK...I forget again very easily! What were we talking about?

How last years first round pick sucks and needs to be canned, same for reid if he cant beat dahl for the starting position and play 100000% of the time with no mistakes.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Jenkins and Patton are locks. Why is this even a discussion?

The 6th WR will be picked based on special teams ability. So Osgood is probably the guy.

you gotta earn your spot, jenkins is not a lock esp when you got stories about people who are on the alleged bubble, like moore are operating at a high level right now. your job is not a given even if you are a number one draft choice. so far he has done nothing to earn his spot

Everything is relative.... you either perform above expectations or below them.

Nobody has any expectations of guys like Moore or Lockette. So when they exceed expectations, fans misread the media perceptions and think that they are pro-bowlers. Likewise, Jenkins performs below the expectations of a 1st round pick and people think he's not going to make the team.

The reality is that we (as fans) have no idea how these guys compare till we see it on the field. We don't get to see practices. Even beat writers don't see most practices. But we will see how these guys stack up in the coming weeks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
How last years first round pick sucks and needs to be canned, same for reid if he cant beat dahl for the starting position and play 100000% of the time with no mistakes.

uhm,, by the reports reid is already show more in camp in one week than jenkins has in a year and a half in the league
I think Patton, Moore and Jenkins. The latter could be in trouble if he doesn't step things up in preseason. If he doesn't show enough for Harbaugh, Lockette could get his spot. Patton will be fine...and Moore's apparently taking advantage of his opportunity, plus his ST value is significant.
uhm,, by the reports reid is already show more in camp in one week than jenkins has in a year and a half in the league

Yet hes still playing most of the time with the 2nd stringers.

We need to make a trade for a reciever .. This is wide reciever group is not good enough to take us where we want to go.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am sorry, just for the record, I have never ever sung any praises on Jenkins. But, that's just me.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so far the word is that Jenkins has been "less than stellar" in camp. It's early and only his second year, but for a 1st round pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. The team could decide to cut their losses if he continues his ill play. I heard that he has yet to even catch a pass in camp. What's up with that?

Um yeah. That's not true.

lol this.

I know is not true cos is about 10 drops already.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yet hes still playing most of the time with the 2nd stringers.

They are just trying to work Reid in slowly, like they did with Aldon Smith his first year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm now rooting for Chad Hall to be the 9ers next Danny Amendola!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm now rooting for Chad Hall to be the 9ers next Danny Amendola!!!

Startin to feel this!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone