LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
All this Jenkins bashing is crazy, he isnt even doing poorly he just isnt "wowing" the masses like he did when pads were off... oh yeah remember that? Just a couple months ago everyone was singing his praises. It's the first week of TC, give the kid a break. He has made plays unlike last years TC he just isnt standing out and every beat writer is mentioning that which makes it sound like he is doing worse than he actually is. Hall is impressive and so is Moore, Jacobs will break in half going over the middle right now so he is at best the PS.

Boldin, Williams, Jenkins, Patton, Hall, Lockette and Moore takin up a ST spot. MM sits out the first 6 weeks, and Crabs gets designated to return later.

I am sorry, just for the record, I have never ever sung any praises on Jenkins. But, that's just me.
I was talking about the beat writers... Im well aware of you stance on Jenkins and am thankful you are no where close to becoming our GM.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I was talking about the beat writers... Im well aware of you stance on Jenkins and am thankful you are no where close to becoming our GM.

Don't worry, Jed already called me. I am still thinking about it.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Don't worry, Jed already called me. I am still thinking about it.

Your recent delusions are on the level of many seahawks fans.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Your recent delusions are on the level of many seahawks fans.

LOL. I am delusional ? I see, I see. OK, you go and hang on to your 1,900 yards, future HOF wideout then.
Jenkins and Patton are locks. Why is this even a discussion?

The 6th WR will be picked based on special teams ability. So Osgood is probably the guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:

The 6th WR will be picked based on special teams ability. So Osgood is probably the guy.

you gotta earn your spot, jenkins is not a lock esp when you got stories about people who are on the alleged bubble, like moore are operating at a high level right now. your job is not a given even if you are a number one draft choice. so far he has done nothing to earn his spot
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

you gotta earn your spot, jenkins is not a lock esp when you got stories about people who are on the alleged bubble, like moore are operating at a high level right now. your job is not a given even if you are a number one draft choice. so far he has done nothing to earn his spot

That is the whole problem. If Baalke and Harbaugh are not prepared to cut Jenkins, then I guess technically speaking he is a lock. That really sucks cos it pretty much defeats the whole purpose of having competition in training camp to earn your stripes in order to get onto the team. Unless he improves, it would mean Jenkins will be getting onto the roster based purely on his 1st round pick draft status and yet you have great guys like Moore, Lockette, Jacobs and others busting their tails off trying to make the team. In other words, Jenkins will be just dead weight.
All this Jenkins bashing is crazy, he isnt even doing poorly he just isnt "wowing" the masses like he did when pads were off... oh yeah remember that? Just a couple months ago everyone was singing his praises. It's the first week of TC, give the kid a break. He has made plays unlike last years TC he just isnt standing out and every beat writer is mentioning that which makes it sound like he is doing worse than he actually is. Hall is impressive and so is Moore, Jacobs will break in half going over the middle right now so he is at best the PS.

Boldin, Williams, Jenkins, Patton, Hall, Lockette and Moore takin up a ST spot. MM sits out the first 6 weeks, and Crabs gets designated to return later.

Every year there are guys impressing the pundits, but then fail to make the team. WR is the most deceiving position in this regard because of the limited hitting and because practice always favors knowing the playbook over talent.

Was listening to comments about Ben Roethlisberger, who was complaining he had to learn new terminology last year and it affected his play...and that's a QB who has been starting and winning for years! So when it all shakes out I believe your list will be pretty much on the mark...but Hall, Moore and Lockette have to hope they don't get dinged up or they will be gone. Patton and Jenkins are locks unless they are arrested for a felony.
patton, jenkins and no1currs

• cciowa
  • Veteran

That is the whole problem. If Baalke and Harbaugh are not prepared to cut Jenkins, then I guess technically speaking he is a lock. That really sucks cos it pretty much defeats the whole purpose of having competition in training camp to earn your stripes in order to get onto the team. Unless he improves, it would mean Jenkins will be getting onto the roster based purely on his 1st round pick draft status and yet you have great guys like Moore, Lockette, Jacobs and others busting their tails off trying to make the team. In other words, Jenkins will be just dead weight.
if that situation arises, they need to swallow their god damn pride and cast their egos aside and do what is right. if your theory is right and jenkins is kept only because he is a first round draft choice,, the little blue work shirts and this great work ethic JH is always talking about is b******t. i hope it does not come to this and I hope jenkins busts it and gets a job based on his performance,,,,, but i know reality and i do not totally discount your theory
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

if that situation arises, they need to swallow their god damn pride and cast their egos aside and do what is right. if your theory is right and jenkins is kept only because he is a first round draft choice,, the little blue work shirts and this great work ethic JH is always talking about is b******t. i hope it does not come to this and I hope jenkins busts it and gets a job based on his performance,,,,, but i know reality and i do not totally discount your theory

Well, in our eyes it will be because of his 1st round draft pick status, others who don't agree with us plus Baalke and Harbaugh will probably say they see much hidden potential that is yet to be realized and developed thus will require more time. Is sad, I know.
I am sorry, just for the record, I have never ever sung any praises on Jenkins. But, that's just me.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so far the word is that Jenkins has been "less than stellar" in camp. It's early and only his second year, but for a 1st round pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. The team could decide to cut their losses if he continues his ill play. I heard that he has yet to even catch a pass in camp. What's up with that?
Originally posted by vermonator:

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so far the word is that Jenkins has been "less than stellar" in camp. It's early and only his second year, but for a 1st round pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. The team could decide to cut their losses if he continues his ill play. I heard that he has yet to even catch a pass in camp. What's up with that?

Um yeah. That's not true.
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by vermonator:

Um yeah. That's not true.

lol this.
Share 49ersWebzone