There are 216 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A healthy Kyle Williams, a productive kyle williams will make us forget about the last three wr spots on this team.
Dude, Williams has 35 catches in his WHOLE career, that's not production. He's been in the league for several years, and people are so sure he's gonna be the 2 receiver? I'm not so sold.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL, you can't just make up an injury to put a guy on the PUP, that's absolute nonsense.

Collie had a knee injury last year, he's now fully recovered. He had some concussion issues in the past but that was over 3 years ago.

These things are maneuverd often. I don't think it would take that thorough of an examination to find some remaining repercussions from his most recent knee surgery.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
These things are maneuverd often. I don't think it would take that thorough of an examination to find some remaining repercussions from his most recent knee surgery.

You're living in la-la land bro.

Collie is either going to get cut, or he'll wind up on the roster, simple as that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
A healthy Kyle Williams, a productive kyle williams will make us forget about the last three wr spots on this team.

of course this is the truth
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Patton, hall, Moore, collie, Baldwin, and Hawkins all ran a 40 yard dash in 4.48 to 4.56
In order
Lockette 4.34
Williams 4.40
Patton 4.48
Baldwin 4.49
Moore 4.49
Hawkins 4.49
Collie 4.56
Hall 4.56
Difference is Baldwin ran a 4.49 at 230 lbs, dude can stretch the field easily

Yeah but he changes directions like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There's a HUGE difference in quickness from guys like Patton and Collie to Baldwin, he's a long strider that has struggled with contact, if you let him get down the field and accelerating, then he's a nice vertical threat, but he's not a guy who's going to create separation easily.

Bingo!
If he wants to stay with the Niners, he will keep his options open. If he doesn't, your scenario will play out. We'll find out soon enough.
Originally posted by 60sFan:

You're living in la-la land bro.

Collie is either going to get cut, or he'll wind up on the roster, simple as that.

Collie can't be put on the PUP list. A player must be put on the PUP list before training camp and remain there to be elligible for the regular season PUP
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Dude, Williams has 35 catches in his WHOLE career, that's not production. He's been in the league for several years, and people are so sure he's gonna be the 2 receiver? I'm not so sold.

Exactly . . . #2!? Really? And on top of that he's a midget, so go figure.

But this is the WZ, so he must be all pro.
Originally posted by cciowa:

If 5 weeks into the season, Patton or Collie haven't bumped Kyle Williams down the depth chart...its going to be a loooong year. Williams seems like a nice guy but in all seriousness he's #4 WR material at best on a team with quality WR's.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM ]

Originally posted by mtminer:
Collie can't be put on the PUP list. A player must be put on the PUP list before training camp and remain there to be elligible for the regular season PUP

Tell that to Dr Nefario above you who's making up imaginary schemes.
Originally posted by mtminer:

Tell that to Dr Nefario above you who's making up imaginary schemes.

That's what I was trying to do lol. Im on your side man
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

If 5 weeks into the season, Patton or Collie haven't bumped Kyle Williams down the depth chart...its going to be a loooong year. Williams seems like a nice guy but in all seriousness he's #4 WR material at best on a team with quality WR's.

thats got nothing to do with his pass catching abilities and i feel sorry for those who still cling to this "proof" kyle is not a good player unlike others before him, he has also worked hard to correct his game and was fine in his shortened season last year in my opinion
thats got nothing to do with his pass catching abilities and i feel sorry for those who still cling to this "proof" kyle is not a good player unlike others before him, he has also worked hard to correct his game and was fine in his shortened season last year in my opinion

He had less receiving yards last season than he did in 2011. Not sure where all this unbridled optimism about Williams is coming from. He's a decent slot receiver, definitely not irreplaceable, he's a nice guy to have at your #4 or #5 spot, seems like a high effort guy, but you can't just turn him into a top quality WR no more than you could Brett Swain. He's decent, but not a starter.

For his career, he's been more or less as productive as Chad Hall has been.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM ]

Yep. I can see williams having the upside to becoming a very productive WR. What is the time table on williams to start playing?
Share 49ersWebzone