LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
Unless I am completly clueless, Crabtree is not on the IR. It really wouldn't make any sense to put him there. Better served to leave on the PUP list. Doesnt' count until week 10, I think.

Chris

Technically, Crabs is currently on the PUP list. But he will be put on the IR designated to return list soon.
Unless I am completly clueless, Crabtree is not on the IR. It really wouldn't make any sense to put him there. Better served to leave on the PUP list. Doesnt' count until week 10, I think.

Chris

Warm it up Chris
If the below are healthy, this is how it'll be when the season starts:

1. Boldin
2. Williams
3. Baldwin
4. Collie
5. Moore
6. Patton

Yes, I think we go with six WRs due to the uncertainty & injuries at the position. I think Patton is the wildcard...he could move right up the depth chart if he comes in and impresses the coaches. If Collie can stay healthy (a big IF), he will turn out to be a great pick up. This is Baldwin's big chance to pick things up with his career, catch from a quality QB every game & practice, and get coached up by some of the best in the league.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Have VD show Baldwin where the jugs machine is and tell him to stay there until next training camp...2014.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Jenkins. Book it.

LMAO!!
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
If the below are healthy, this is how it'll be when the season starts:

1. Boldin
2. Williams
3. Baldwin
4. Collie
5. Moore
6. Patton

Yes, I think we go with six WRs due to the uncertainty & injuries at the position. I think Patton is the wildcard...he could move right up the depth chart if he comes in and impresses the coaches. If Collie can stay healthy (a big IF), he will turn out to be a great pick up. This is Baldwin's big chance to pick things up with his career, catch from a quality QB every game & practice, and get coached up by some of the best in the league.
Baldwin wont be ready to go that fast with 2 weeks of practice, street clothes the first 2 weeks
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am going to go with seven wide receivers making the 53 man roster.

1. Boldin
2.Patton
3. Moore
4.Williams
5. Collie
6. Baldwin
7. Lockette

Lockette makes the team primarily because he is nasty enough to be a gunner.

At Fort Valley State, in 2009, Lockette did not record a single offensive stat.

But, he had 28 tackles (13 assists and 15 solo). He had 9 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles.

We seriously need gunners on special teams who are fast and nasty. Any wide receiver that can put up his defensive numbers is nasty.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2010&org=237&player=2
Originally posted by jreff22:
Baldwin wont be ready to go that fast with 2 weeks of practice, street clothes the first 2 weeks

Yeah, he's got to learn the playbook...I was just thinking he may be one of our few best, experienced options early on (and Collie, if healthy) along w/ Boldin and Williams. I hope he can get out there sooner than later as he's a big body that can also block (just re-watched the 1st half of this last game vs. the Chiefs...he was blocking pretty well).

Should Moore definitely make the 53 and thus plays ST in addition to WR, I really don't see where there's room for Osgood or Lockette (or the others, including Hall).
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Chris

Technically, Crabs is currently on the PUP list. But he will be put on the IR designated to return list soon.

Correct. Wouldn't make sense to put him on the PUP once the season starts because then we would have to have him back week 7 even if he wasn't ready and we'd have to have him inactive every week until he was. He'd count as a roster spot as well. With the IR (designated to return list, you only get 1 player a year) who can come back at any time during the season. This way Crabtree can come back week 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, whatever and he won't count on the 53 man roster until he is ready to go and taken off the list. Means we won't have to cut someone after week 6 like if we would when he came back from PUP even though he'd sit and be inactive week 7, 8, 9, etc until he was ready to go. Side note: The IR Designated Player to Return Rule is only like a year or 2 old and is a great new rule. Because some times guys would be better but because they were on IR they couldn't come back for the entire season and playoffs. With this rule some guys who are ready to go still won't unless they are that one designated guy. Usually it will be the best player they think can come back the quickest. Not someone who could come back by week 7 otherwise you would just send them to the PUP (6 weeks out at least). Someone you think can come back late in the season or for playoffs. Again, would usually be on of your best players. We wouldn't use it for Luke Marquardt.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
There are nine uninjured wide receivers with NFL experience on the roster.

Here are their production numbers. Their production is just one element to consider.

The numbers are years, receptions, yards, touchdowns.

1. Boldin, Anquan 11-----772----10165----58

2. Collie, Austin 4------173----1845----16

3. Hawkins, Lavelle 5------71------771----1

4. Osgood, Kassim 10----44-----749---- 5

5. Baldwin, Jon 2-----41----579-----2

6. Williams, Kyle 3------35-----461---5

7. Moore, Marlon 3------12-----244--- 2

8. Hall, Chad 4-----14-----135----29.

9. Lockette, Ricardo 1-----2----05----1
Thanks for posting this. I've been saying, I think we need some proven players on the field to start the season. To me, the line up that makes the most sense is:

Boldin and Baldwin on the outside

Collie in the slot

Williams in the slot some of the time

Moore and Patton on the bench, filling in when needed
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
There are nine uninjured wide receivers with NFL experience on the roster.

Here are their production numbers. Their production is just one element to consider.

The numbers are years, receptions, yards, touchdowns.

1. Boldin, Anquan 11-----772----10165----58

2. Collie, Austin 4------173----1845----16

3. Hawkins, Lavelle 5------71------771----1

4. Osgood, Kassim 10----44-----749---- 5

5. Baldwin, Jon 2-----41----579-----2

6. Williams, Kyle 3------35-----461---5

7. Moore, Marlon 3------12-----244--- 2

8. Hall, Chad 4-----14-----135----29.

9. Lockette, Ricardo 1-----2----05----1
Thanks for posting this. I've been saying, I think we need some proven players on the field to start the season. To me, the line up that makes the most sense is:

Collie in the slot

i have a feeling patton will work himself into some playing time this year. he was a stud in school and hes an eager learner and hard worker according to his teamates

1. Boldin
2. Williams
3. Moore
4.Collie
5. Patton
6. Baldwin
7. Lockette

But, he had 28 tackles (13 assists and 15 solo). He had 9 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles.

We seriously need gunners on special teams who are fast and nasty. Any wide receiver that can put up his defensive numbers is nasty.

Agreed, but Patton hasn't done jack sh*t yet. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see something. I did the same thing with AJ.

Collie in the slot

Seeing as how Baldwin doesn't even have a playbook yet, I find it for more likely that Moore will be on the outside with Boldin. Based on his past, I fully expect Patton to work his way into that spot opposite Boldin at some point this season before Crabtree comes back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Collie in the slot

Seeing as how Baldwin doesn't even have a playbook yet, I find it for more likely that Moore will be on the outside with Boldin. Based on his past, I fully expect Patton to work his way into that spot opposite Boldin at some point this season before Crabtree comes back.

How can you expect that when you haven't seen the guy DO anything yet? He's not gonna shoot 7 spots of the depth chart because of "potential."

AJ had potential, now he is a Kansas City Chief.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
How can you expect that when you haven't seen the guy DO anything yet? He's not gonna shoot 7 spots of the depth chart because of "potential."

AJ had potential, now he is a Kansas City Chief.

You're gonna be mad when he does just that, aren't you?

Patton has done very well in the practices, has done well in terms of route running, he additionally made more catches than Jenkins did. I think ultimately the coaches have a good idea of what he can do and he'll finally get a chance to show what he's got in a game situation this Sunday.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]

1. Boldin
2.Patton
3. Moore
4.Williams
5. Collie
6. Baldwin
7. Lockette

If we're truly going to keep the "best 53", I can't believe we would keep WR's over other players at other positions.
Also, this team doesn't rely on its WR's nearly as much as most teams.
Share 49ersWebzone