There are 140 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well starting to take shape. With Manningham to PUP that means Boldin, Williams, Moore, Patton, Jenkins and 1 more guy. Unless we go with 7 but don't see that happening.

So in the fight Collie, Hall, Osgood, Lockette, Jacobs and Hawkins.

I think it's down to Collie and Hall. Jacobs to PS, Hawkins cut, Lockette can't be on PS again I believe so he's gone, Osgood gone. Personally I take Collie because he has more potential and has done a heck of a lot more than Hall will ever do most likely.
Guys, for everyone who keeps picking Collie and Jenkins, please justify.

WR (6 or 7): Locks
X = Marlon Moore/Jon Baldwin or Ricardo Lockette (Lockette is eligible for the PS)
Y = Kyle Williams/Quinton Patton/Chad Hall
Z = Anquan Boldin/Jon Baldwin or Kassim Osgood
PUP = Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page24/#p5j4BfoiM3UiLVDd.99
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Baldwin
Should Baldwin be given a free pass?
Well, there we go! Baalke, I swear, I need to intern with this guy. This was EXACTLY what I've been saying all pre season. We need a big body out wide who can handle Brown/Dick/Smith/Refs. It was CLEAR AJ couldn't handle it at all. So Baalke man's-up and gets the big body. Now we have Moore/Lockette/Jon Baldwin opposite of Boldin. Brilliant. He'll learn from Boldin, no doubt. And may the best man win...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Unless this is a sign and cut deal, and I do not think it was, Baldwin does not have much time to prove himself on the field.

It is going to depend on the attitude that he shows in the next two weeks, I think. Who knows?
Originally posted by buck:

Unless this is a sign and cut deal, and I do not think it was, Baldwin does not have much time to prove himself on the field.

It is going to depend on the attitude that he shows in the next two weeks, I think. Who knows?

Exactly, its doubtful he gets a free pass onto the roster cause how will that be looked at in our "Meritocracy"...

That said, he only has to beat out Hall, Lockette, and Hawkins... if he cant do that in 2 weeks then he deserves to get cut.
1-Boldin
2-Williams
3-Moore
4-Patton
5-Collie
6-Baldwin

Chuck Jacobs and Lockette on the practice squad. Come at me bro's.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
1-Boldin
2-Williams
3-Moore
4-Patton
5-Collie
6-Baldwin

I think Patton and Collie will overtake Moore but the group is perfect IMO.

By the end of the season

1-Crabtree
2-Boldin
3-Patton
4-Williams
5-Manningham
6-Moore

*Collie will find a way to get injured eventually.

By the end of the season

1-Crabtree
2-Boldin
3-Patton
4-Williams
5-Manningham
6-Moore

*Collie will find a way to get injured eventually.
Baldwin may just find a way to take that last spot away from Moore. If somebody in the locker room and one of the coaches can get through to him, well you never know.
1-Boldin
2-Williams
3-Moore
4-Patton
5-Collie
6-Baldwin

Can't come at you with the roster. Those are the six. I don't think there is much question now.

I would say, though, that I think you're rankings are a little off. My guess that Collie and Baldwin will work their up over Moore and Patton. I think experience will win out in the beginning of the season. But it could get fluid as time goes on.

For me, I think I'd prefer to see Boldin and Collie as the every down WRs.
Have VD show Baldwin where the jugs machine is and tell him to stay there until next training camp...2014.
With Crabtree on the PUP he doesn't count against the 53 right?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
With Crabtree on the PUP he doesn't count against the 53 right?

Crabs is on the IR, but can come back. And it does not count against the 53.
Share 49ersWebzone