There are 165 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once again, I don't think the 49ers are going to get much of anything from Manningham. His entire knee got blown up, the PCL particularly requires extended recovery time, I don't see him doing much at all.

I think Manningham's future with us largely depends on what the other receivers can do. If someone can establish themselves as the #2 next to Boldin, there is not much need for Manningham, especially when Crabtree comes back.

At the end of the year our top 3 WR's could be Crab/Boldin/Moore, Crab/Boldin/Jenkins, Crab/Boldin/Collie, Crab/Boldin/Williams.....who knows?
jenkins will make it solely due to his salary cap hit, if he is released.
I had assumed that the choices would be easier as time went on. Now jacobs is looking better, Chad hall is doing well, lockette , patton, moore, kind of disappeared, AJ caught a pass that was negated by a 15 yd penalty. I am getting further and further from knowing who makes it rather than closer. It could be the caliber of guys we have here, all with excellent talent, and that in itself may make the cuts that much harder. Just two weeks from now, we have to know, and right now it seems that whoever we cut is going elsewhere to start. That's ok if JH and Trent know who the final guys are. My question is, "do they?"
Per Rotoworld:

According to CSN Bay Area, Anquan Boldin and Kyle Williams "appear to be ahead of the team's other wide receivers" at 49ers camp.

Ex-Dolphins practice squadder Marlon Moore would be the No. 3 wideout if the season began today. Williams, a sixth-round pick in 2010, has been in the NFL three years and never topped 20 catches. The 49ers have talent at tight end and tailback, but there aren't five less-skilled wide receiver corps in the league.

So right now our top 3 WR's appear to be Boldin-Williams-Moore. Pretty harsh assessment of our WR core in that last part. Hopefully someone surprises.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Per Rotoworld:

According to CSN Bay Area, Anquan Boldin and Kyle Williams "appear to be ahead of the team's other wide receivers" at 49ers camp.

Ex-Dolphins practice squadder Marlon Moore would be the No. 3 wideout if the season began today. Williams, a sixth-round pick in 2010, has been in the NFL three years and never topped 20 catches. The 49ers have talent at tight end and tailback, but there aren't five less-skilled wide receiver corps in the league.

So right now are top 3 WR's appear to be Boldin-Williams-Moore. Pretty harsh assessment of our WR core in that last part. Hopefully someone surprises.

lol ouch. well if you count crabs, boldin & manningham it looks very legit.

i'm still pulling for hall to make the roster
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I had assumed that the choices would be easier as time went on. Now jacobs is looking better, Chad hall is doing well, lockette , patton, moore, kind of disappeared, AJ caught a pass that was negated by a 15 yd penalty. I am getting further and further from knowing who makes it rather than closer. It could be the caliber of guys we have here, all with excellent talent, and that in itself may make the cuts that much harder. Just two weeks from now, we have to know, and right now it seems that whoever we cut is going elsewhere to start. That's ok if JH and Trent know who the final guys are. My question is, "do they?"

LOL! Yes, I had hoped they would all sort themselves out over preseason, and maybe they will. But so far they are taking turns looking OK to mediocre...nothing to write home about.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

How has Patton "kind of disappeared?" He has yet to play in a single preseason game. Not sure how Moore "disappeared" either, he played to start the game and left with the rest of the first team offense. Clearly the coaching staff has some confidence in him to let him bounce after one series.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Per Rotoworld:

So right now our top 3 WR's appear to be Boldin-Williams-Moore. Pretty harsh assessment of our WR core in that last part. Hopefully someone surprises.

Only cause of so many unknowns. If there were no injuries our corps would be pretty sweet, but even with Boldin, WIlliams, Moore, Collie and Patton its not that bad of a corps.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Only cause of so many unknowns. If there were no injuries our corps would be pretty sweet, but even with Boldin, WIlliams, Moore, Collie and Patton its not that bad of a corps.

I expect Patton to step up and become a reliable target, I also think Collie, once he fully learns the offense, will prove to be an essential weapon and a very important part of this offense.
I expect Patton to step up and become a reliable target, I also think Collie, once he fully learns the offense, will prove to be an essential weapon and a very important part of this offense.

Any updates on Patton? Is he playing next game? Sorry if this has been posted already...

Originally posted by sacniner:
Any updates on Patton? Is he playing next game? Sorry if this has been posted already...

He's cleared for full practices, can catch with both hands, he was eligible to dress yesterday so its very likely he will be playing next week.
Seems like it could be:
Boldin, Williams, Moore, Patton, Collie/Hall, Jenkins (Manningham to PUP)

If not: Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Moore, Patton, Jenkins
I don't even know now!

Locks: X - Williams/Moore and Y- Patton and Z - Boldin

The rest:
Osgood 33 - did he even get an opportunity?
Collie 27 - pick 'em between he and Hall (same exact player). One has head injuries.
Hall 27 - catches everything and an ideal slot guy like Collie; he has earned it thus far IMHO
Hawkins 27 - little chance but played well with few opportunities
Lockette 27 - did he even get an opportunity?
Jacobs 23 - looked very good; great speed, route running and made the plays
Jenkins 23 - Can't play outside (better suited for the slot) and adds no ST skills

PUP: Crabtree & Manningham
How has Patton "kind of disappeared?" He has yet to play in a single preseason game. Not sure how Moore "disappeared" either, he played to start the game and left with the rest of the first team offense. Clearly the coaching staff has some confidence in him to let him bounce after one series.

Not playing would seem a good description of disappearing. For a guy who we hoped would hit the ground running this is a disappointment...not that it's his fault, just happens.
I'm going to go with Boldin, Williams, Patton, Collie, Jenkins,and Hall or Moore for the final spot. Practice squad for Lockette.
Share 49ersWebzone