LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Kaepernick finding Vernon Davis is a good sign.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure I can take SD's updates every day of camp...
Originally posted by niners94:
Good sign but Whitner getting burned is a major concern. This is why I wanted to draft 2 safeties.

We do need to replace him eventually I think.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The Cohn's are both trash.

But the observation regarding Whitner isn't surprising and frankly makes me nervous.

Me too.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Reap-orter: So, Vernon, what's this message you're trying to get across with all this "tearing it up" in camp?

Vernon: Well, it's really nothing new... I'm accustomed to making plays and big ones, at that!

Reap-orter: Yeah, right right, but what's the real message you're trying to send... can you put in laymen's terms?

Vernon: Basically--Yo dips**t (Roman), don't f**k around this season, don't try to be cute with lame play calling!! Just get me the damn ball and let me do what I do best (make big plays!!!)...

Reap-orter: Ok, sounds about right... and were you really blowing by Donte Whitner with all those catches or was he just taking it easy?

Vernon: You're kidding right?!!.... actually, I was trying to slow down to not make him look weak in coverage. don't get it twisted, I LOVE ME some Donte! But if I were the coaches, I would NOT design plays that would leave Donte on an island by himself... he couldn't cover himself with a blanket in open field, bruh!!
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM ]
I really think Vance in going to help Davis out this year. He can block a bit more to let Davis have the field. But I'm hopping Vance can show he can grab some passes and make the D have worry about him a bit.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
STOP POSTING COHN ARTICLES THEY ARE TRASH

go niners

I believe the majority of the Zone does not want to read any Cohn. Make a poll and maybe the Mods will take notice.
I think we only need 2 primary pass-catchers. This is still going to be a run-centric offense. As long as Boldin and Davis are on the same page with Kap, we should be fine. McDonald should be a nice 3rd option. Whoever wins the #2 receiver job will probably be the 4th or 5th option in the passing game at best.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

go niners

I believe the majority of the Zone does not want to read any Cohn. Make a poll and maybe the Mods will take notice.

SanDiego feels the need to post a sky is falling thread everyday of camp
No really? Captain Obvious News of the Day. Davis should always be option numero uno for Kaep this year
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

go niners

To me any reporter is just a pair of eyeballs with access that I don't have. They present their observations. I don't think most people care.

Some movie critics I don't agree with, but I still read their observations because I can figure if I might like the movie regardless of their personal opinion.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Not sure I can take SD's updates every day of camp...

The glass is broken man.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Good sign but Whitner getting burned is a major concern. This is why I wanted to draft 2 safeties.

Frankly, Whitner has always been a concern ever since the end of last season. It doesn't take a Vernon Davis to burn him. No doubt, safeties and corners are areas we need to focus on in the draft, but definitely not before we draft a top WR first.
SofaKing, you very well may be right, but I believe with all the talent in camp, that Coach H is going to go with the Peyton plan...8 or 9 guys catch the football every game. Sure, 2 or 3 are the favorite targets, but if we get more guys involved, then if one starter goes down we got 4 more to replace him with ...and we have been bitten bad last 2 yrs with WR injuries. Hence, I think we go 8 or 9 different receivers per game. Last yr we had a couple games where 7 or 8 guys caught passes, incl RBs, and I sure would like to see that ALL season. For now, we watch, wait and time will tell.

Meh. Name one strong safety that could consistently hold up well against Vernon Davis for any extended period of time. Its an incredibly difficult matchup, one I don't feel that the 49ers have done even remotely close enough to explode. Vernon should be looking at a 1000 yards receiving+ every single season.
  • thl408
VD needs to adjust to Kap's bullets. No need to jump catch those. Catch it while running and run!
Share 49ersWebzone