There are 198 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins dropping passes and Kyle Williams fumbling.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
just hand the Lombardi to Seattle already.....
You know football season is about to start when SanDiego starts complaining.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
KW will beast this year if healthy. He was turning it on big time last year the 3-4 weeks before he got injured. He'll still give me anxiety catching punts though obviously.

He seems pretty good as a WR to me. He's got speed, quickness and real good hands. I'm just not convinced he is a real natural punt returner. It's a different skill set.
Yeah I think Williams is plenty dangerous as a WR. Hopefully James can handle the return duty so that Williams can focus on WR. I could see him being like Cruz in NY. Playing mostly slot, but still being one of the primary targets.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jenkins also kicked a puppy and spit in some good ol fashion American Apple Pie

I SEENT IT
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
KW will beast this year if healthy. He was turning it on big time last year the 3-4 weeks before he got injured. He'll still give me anxiety catching punts though obviously.

He seems pretty good as a WR to me. He's got speed, quickness and real good hands. I'm just not convinced he is a real natural punt returner. It's a different skill set.
Yeah I think Williams is plenty dangerous as a WR. Hopefully James can handle the return duty so that Williams can focus on WR. I could see him being like Cruz in NY. Playing mostly slot, but still being one of the primary targets.

I like Williams a lot as a WR. I saw him in college when he was at AZ State. I thought he was outstanding. Quick, fast, great hands, gets behind people, runs good routes. If anything I think KW has been under utilized by the 49ers. He's not that big and strong. But that's all he lacks IMO.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I read Jenkins dropped one pass yesterday and had another defended away from him. But also heard he had a nice sliding catch.

I heard he slipped, then made the catch. Hope he isn't losing his footing like last year. I just don't have a good feeling about him. KW should get most of the #2 snaps until Manningham comes back.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jul 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I like Williams a lot as a WR. I saw him in college when he was at AZ State. I thought he was outstanding. Quick, fast, great hands, gets behind people, runs good routes. If anything I think KW has been under utilized by the 49ers. He's not that big and strong. But that's all he lacks IMO.

I think the same for Williams, in the slot, but unfortunately for Williams, Manningham is good in the slot too --plus he's a vet with more experience. So the coaches preferred him over Williams last year until Manningham got injured. Unfortunately Williams got injured just about the same time or before. Otherwise, Williams would have taken over for Mario in the slot for the rest of the year.

I think Williams will make it tough for the coaches when Mario comes back from the injury. Depends on how Williams take advantage of his opportunities this year, he might make Mario expendable.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kyle Williams can EAD
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jenkins also kicked a puppy and spit in some good ol fashion American Apple Pie

HaHAAAAAAAAAAA
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle Williams can EAD

Employment Authorization Document?

lol @ creating a thread just for this. doesnt this fall under the training camp thread?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Sky is falling
Originally posted by susweel:
Kyle Williams can EAD

I'm actually comfortable with Williams as the primary punt returner. He caught punts last year without incident and he's very explosive with the ball in his hands. He has to show he can play X and Y receiver, because I expect Boldin to be our primary slot guy.

Not worried about Jenkins either. I'm sure there were other drops yesterday, but its only noteworthy when #17 does it. The fact he's working with the 1st unit is a good sign. Our coaching staff doesn't hand anyone a starting reps, they have to earn it. This bodes well for Jenkins.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you can cherry pick alot of stuff to make your point,, if i recall there was a report where ck was struggling, staring down receivers etc. I did not hear anyone screaming then. selective cherry picking I guess due to the fact you just do not like the pick or player(alex smith wants to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself) I expect more out of the original poster than to over react on the second day of camp. i think you can go back in time and read how willis or aldon smith had a bad day at camp. and for the millionth time, kyle was fine as a punt returner last year before he got hurt. two plays in a long forgotten game should not define your career as you move forward,, esp when you have worked as hard as kyle has
Share 49ersWebzone