There are 194 users in the forums

NFLNetwork- replaying superbowl today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can't watch even though I want too.
I watched it, the main things I take from that game are...

1) thank god we didn't cave in to da$hon's demands.

2) we got boned on that last play

3) Frank shoulda got a shot at the end

4) pass rush was hurting a bit

5) we got a damn good shot at getting back to the big game if one of the young receivers mans up.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Another play I forgot about. VD barely missed a perfect throw for 20+ yds. Damn, Frank should've scored on that long run.

VD dropped the pass. It went through his hands.

Oh yeah that's what I meant. He barely missed catching it.
I will never watch that game again. Even thinking about how Harbaugh let his brother use the saints' practice facility pisses me off.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Holy smokes, no way would I ever watch that crap again...unless we so happen to win it this time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Nice sarcasm by Jim about no offensive holding on the intentional safety.
I'm sorry but why do they call us the whiners again?

Well there definitely was offense holding on that safety. Not that it could've made much of a difference.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Nice sarcasm by Jim about no offensive holding on the intentional safety.
I'm sorry but why do they call us the whiners again?

Well there definitely was offense holding on that safety. Not that it could've made much of a difference.

would've made zero difference. Doesn't change the fact that a flag should've been thrown. Just shows the refs had their heads in their asses. Which of course did make a difference on the KR TD and the final series where crabs was held and the blatant helmet to helmet hit on him two plays prior to the final incompletion.
Cary Williams still pushed an official and wasn't even flagged. How in the hell...?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Cary Williams still pushed an official and wasn't even flagged. How in the hell...?

Refs did more than a few favors for the Ravens. I don't care what anyone says. We still should have won the game, but it's clear as day the refs looked the other way. The Ravens knew they could get away with bloody murder once Williams shoved a ref and wasn't ejected. Not even penalized. John Harbaugh is even caught on camera telling players "go ahead and hold because they're not calling it" on the sidelines. f**king joke of a game.
If it was a fair game I might, but there were just too many blatant non-calls. I wouldnt be able to handle watching the refs try their best to give the Ravens the upperhand. It makes me sick. That Jacoby Jones kickoff return... A wide open lane down the middle of the field opened up because 2 Ravens players have Bruce Miller in a bear hug, all while hes flailing his arms around looking for the refs, and they tackle him to the ground as Jones flies right on by.

Or how about the punt at the end of the game, where the Ravens punter starts running around in the endzone to burn time, while the entire Ravens line grabs 49ers players and holds them down to prevent rushing the punter.

The Cary Williams ref shove that went uncalled.

The pass interference on Crabtree in the endzone...

Watching it again would be torture. between all those calls, and the NFL making the last second, mysterious ref change where they erased a bunch of errors off his record and allowed a crap ref to head the crew...It was rigged. I normally dont buy into that kind of thing, but in the most important game of the year, when you MUST be on top of every call, and they ignore all those things in favor of the same team? It makes you question the motives.

I saw it. A cruel joke considering today is my birthday and I was at the game. Ugh, won't get over it till they win one.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Yeah, if you rewatch it a few times it definitely does help. And then you'll get that pang of UGHHH WE WERE SO CLOSE.

The thing that always gets me is seeing Bruce Miller being held on the kickoff return that went for a TD. He was held by two f**king people.

nothing like a built in excuse for our own poor play. we did not play well enough on offense, defense or special ed teams for four quarters to win this game.it is inexcusable for a 49er team to come and play as bad as we did early. and please do not hand my any crap about " well well they played good in the second half. i am not going to give them credit for playing a half the way they should have played the entire f**king game

Uhhh, what? If you want to go off on a rant on something that's bothering you, go for it dude, but don't try to use one of my posts that's absolutely unrelated to do it. I never said it was the reason we lost. I said its the thing that always gets me pissed off. There are a LOT of reasons we lost and while that was a big one, it wasn't THE reason. So stop trying to pull this "built in excuse" crap because I never made it one to begin with.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
That game did not happen. I have no idea what you are talking about. As far as I'm concerned, a vortex swallowed up the entire solar system that day and spit it back out the next day. It did not happen. I don't know what you are talking about. The 49ers are still undefeated in the Super Bowl. Stop making things up. It did not happen!
Painful, but did it anyway.
I've watched it. I've watched the post-blackout portion several times. Every time I watch the game I'm half convinced the 49ers are going to win. It's still hard to believe that they lost. The one takeaway from the game is that Kaepernick, aside from a couple of plays (the interception, the timeout on the last possession that stopped what was looking like the go-ahead touchdown from happening), was freaking awesome. With less than one full year of starting experience, he balled hard on the biggest stage. Add an offseason of hard work and improvement on pre-snap reads and touch passing, he's going to be amazing. If he stays healthy, he's the MVP this year. Losing Crabtree will absolutely hurt, but I expect Kaepernick to more than make up for it. Add to that increased depth on the D-Line and a refocus on special teams, If there aren't too many injuries, I think this is going to be the best team that the NFL has seen in a long time. And I'm not prone to blind optimism. They are extremely talented everywhere.

A lot of things needed to happen for them to lose that game. It does happen, unfortunately. And there are no guarantees. But this is a great team and watching the Super Bowl just gets me pumped for this season to start.
Share 49ersWebzone