LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Best seats at Candlestick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wesg63:
are you allowed to walk into main parking lot to tailgate with people if you dont have a parking pass. Wanted to take public transportation to stadium to tailgate with you guys because we are coming in from texas. Is this allowed?

yes... you cant bring in alcohol though... idk why
Originally posted by mod:

dang thats what we were worried about. Could we count on buying some beer off some webzoners that are there? We are coming in from Texas to see the 9ers beat schaub and company up and want our 1st time to be memorable.
[ Edited by wesg63 on Jul 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM ]
are you allowed to walk into main parking lot to tailgate with people if you dont have a parking pass. Wanted to take public transportation to stadium to tailgate with you guys because we are coming in from texas. Is this allowed?

You can bring alcohol into the parking lot but not into the stadium. Not sure what this guy is talking about.
Originally posted by dwy621:

You can bring alcohol into the parking lot but not into the stadium. Not sure what this guy is talking about.

No mod is correct. Technically you can't walk alcohol into the parking lots, you can only drive it in. There are some ways of sneaking it in but if security sees you they might make you either drink it or dump it.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

No mod is correct. Technically you can't walk alcohol into the parking lots, you can only drive it in. There are some ways of sneaking it in but if security sees you they might make you either drink it or dump it.

one time we took the train and brought some rolling ice chest to meet up with some friends and we were able to roll those babies in...it was a preseason game though...never tried again since then.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
one time we took the train and brought some rolling ice chest to meet up with some friends and we were able to roll those babies in...it was a preseason game though...never tried again since then.

It started last year and at first they were very strict about it. Especially at the gate where you walk in from the dirt parking lots, they were stopping everyone. I was sipping a beer and they made me chug it. One guy said they had a huge cooler full of champagne, beer, hard alcohol and they wouldn't let them bring it in. They were just handing bottles to random people and telling them to drink lol. I never understood the rule since there is enough booze inside those gates to cause trouble.

Then as the year went on they seemed to lax up a little bit. Occasionally I got stopped walking into other gates, so I just started putting a few in my gf's purse until we got inside (they don't check you, they just will stop you if they see it). I also tailgate directly outside of Gate 2 so I watch limos and taxis pull up all day long, drop off dudes with coolers and get denied. For the Packers playoff game I told the guys who parked next to me to just walk in the car entrance with their 30 pack and they got in no problem. It seems if you come from the dirt lots you have a better chance of not getting it in. Come in the gates that cars drive through or from the front of the stadium and I think it is easier.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

oh i had no clue. i've walked in 12 packs a bunch of times and never once stopped.
FINALLY getting to see Candlestick before it's gone! I could use some expertise with possible seats for Sunday evening game October 6 with Houston Texans. I'm most excited about Lower Reserved Section 24 Row 6. It's the 2nd row from field and Row 5 only has 3 seats. But is it high enough see the entire action over those standing on the sideline? Or I have these options...
LB 20 ROW P
LB 12 ROW I (Is this far enough back to see entire action?)
LB 10 ROW B (Is this too close to the ground to where I'd just be seeing standing bodies?)
Upper Box 20 Row B
So what would you choose and why? They're all priced around $300 right now...
Also what's the weather usually like on a Sunday evening for October 6 at Candlestick? I'll be flying from Arkansas and seeing some other sites and hope for a tour of Candlestick as well. Thanks for the help!
In order:

LB 20 P
UB 20 B
LB 12 I
LR 24 6
LB 10 B

If you're too close to the field on the sideline, you won't be able to see over the players.

Weather shouldn't be a problem, it's Oct.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I really need to try to get out to a game this year.

Originally posted by cwilson830:
In order:

LB 20 P
UB 20 B
LB 12 I
LR 24 6
LB 10 B

If you're too close to the field on the sideline, you won't be able to see over the players.

Thanks for putting them in order. Do you like UB20 better than LB12 and LR24 because it's more central, or is Row I or 6 just not far enough back for a full view? I would like a great viewing area but also be close to players, I'm just not sure how to get that...
[ Edited by brw614 on Aug 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by brw614:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
In order:

LB 20 P
UB 20 B
LB 12 I
LR 24 6
LB 10 B

Thanks for putting them in order. Do you like UB20 better than LB12 and LR24 because it's more central, or is Row I or 6 just not far enough back for a full view? I would like a great viewing area but also be close to players, I'm just not sure how to get that...

For both reasons. Upper box between the 20's are some of the best seats in the house for the price. However, if youre going to pay the same, I'd rather be lower box between the 20's. You'll be happy with either.

There's also a pretty comprehensive analysis of Candlestick seating, which most people feel is pretty accurate, on the main Webzone site.
Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader. I love your work guys.

Anyway, later this year I'm making my first trip to your shores from here in Australia. I am desperate to see the 49ers play and have just started looking into seats for the game against the Seahawks on December 8th . You guys seem to have the best knowledge and advice when it comes to this sort of stuff, so any advice would be truly appreciated. I'm looking at a few options:

LB17 Row S
LB15 Row R

LR13 Row 14
LR9 Row 6 or Row 12 (possibly under cover????)

UB15 Row A
UB13 Row A
UB1 Row D

I do apologise if questions like this have been exhausted on this forum, but bare in mind when providing any advice that this is my first (and potentially only) football game!

Thanks in advance!
[ Edited by aussie49errr on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM ]
I am flying out for the Carolina game. Looking to book everything now. Any advice on hotels and transportation would be greatly appreciated. Undecided if I will rent a car. Will be a short trip (sat-mon). Also I am going solo so if anybody else is in a similar situation let me know as I wouldn't mind some company at the game.
Originally posted by aussie49errr:
Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader. I love your work guys.

Anyway, later this year I'm making my first trip to your shores from here in Australia. I am desperate to see the 49ers play and have just started looking into seats for the game against the Seahawks on December 8th . You guys seem to have the best knowledge and advice when it comes to this sort of stuff, so any advice would be truly appreciated. I'm looking at a few options:

LB17 Row S
LB15 Row R

LR13 Row 14
LR9 Row 6 or Row 12 (possibly under cover????)

UB15 Row A
UB13 Row A
UB1 Row D

I do apologise if questions like this have been exhausted on this forum, but bare in mind when providing any advice that this is my first (and potentially only) football game!

Thanks in advance!

No problem - ask away! Are they all the same price? If so, I'd go, in this order:

15 - A
13 - A
17 - S
15 - R
Share 49ersWebzone