LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Who's better? Willis or Aldon

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's better? Willis or Aldon

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm not sold on Aldon until he can record a sack with out Justin Smith next to him.

He's already done that a number of times lining up over the RT. Even when he's on the weakside he's gotten plenty of sacks by simply owning the LT with speed or bullrush. The stunts with J. Smith are very effective, but to say he can't record a sack without him is some BS the media made up.

Aldon playing injured compounded with the injury to Justin made his production suffer otherwise he would have broken Strahan's record

Exactly. A lot of people think Aldon's production tailed off after J. Smith got hurt, when in reality he tailed off because he had a significant shoulder injury of his own.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
they play two different positions. can't compare.

go back to arguing over who's better..Pat or Bow, Niner Talk.
Don't be silly. Willis has a stronger track record and is better at more things. Aldon is still working to excel at various phases of his position besides pass rush. The topic is a little weird.
NOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!
http://instagram.com/p/bFP7HHPCuO/

Aldon has the best hairstyle though by far. Soul Glo!!
Better at what?? Define the metric you're using for comparison. They have completely different attributes, so it really depends on what kind of highlight reels you prefer watching. They're both studs that you don't wanna get hit by.
Aldon is the best D player on the team and maybe in the league.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
NFL Top 100 has Aldon ranked higher than Pat. What do yall think? Personally I think they are looking at stats and not at what the player offers. Pat is the greatest Niner of the last 20 years. Aldon has been incredibly impressive, but he aint no P Willy.

Sorry, but pass rushing >>>> tackles. Also, Bowman does everything Willis does, but he's better in coverage. This is why Bowman stayed in against GB and everyone here was stunned. The coaches know this.

Willis is great, but there is literally no drop off when we go to the other MLB in the team.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Don't be silly. Willis has a stronger track record and is better at more things. Aldon is still working to excel at various phases of his position besides pass rush. The topic is a little weird.

Willis might be better at more things, but rushing the passer is the most important thing that either of these guys do, and Aldon is the best pass rusher in the NFL. If he doesn't get injured, he shatters the sack record.
Is this a trick question?

If they schemed for ILB to blitz more often, PW's numbers would be truly scary.

PW

I can't speak for anyone else, but my tool box needs a hammer and a wrench.
I'm not sold on Aldon until he can record a sack with out Justin Smith next to him.

I agree! we will see when ever Justin retires
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think that they both very good players.

I am happy that they both made the top 10.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM ]

cmon if your a niner fan you should know that aldon's shoulder had a lot to do with it. Justin Smith allows other teams to not double team aldon and if you look at a lot of great players you can always make the case that their stats were helped by being surrounded by great talent
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Aldon.

pass rusher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mlb

willis aint too far ahead of Bowman. me and val been sayin that for years.
Share 49ersWebzone